I installed the update a couple of days ago and I've noticed a large performance drop. Freezing, apps taking a long time to load, nowhere near as fluid. Has anyone else noticed this? This is the first time since I've had the phone that there has been any issues at all.
    04-14-18 08:37 AM
    I installed the update a couple of days ago and I've noticed a large performance drop. Freezing, apps taking a long time to load, nowhere near as fluid. Has anyone else noticed this? This is the first time since I've had the phone that there has been any issues at all.
    Settings, storage, internal, tap Cached Data.

Wait 1 minute and then reboot phone by holding down power button until the phone begins to restart.
    04-14-18 08:47 AM
    Thanks mate. Will give that a go. On another note, I really love this phone. The only thing that would make me swap is the camera. My friend as a pixel and the camera is incredible.
    04-14-18 08:54 AM
    The cache clear and restart did the trick. Back to normal as far as I can tell.
    04-14-18 08:58 AM
    The cache clear and restart did the trick. Back to normal as far as I can tell.
    I clear my Motion's cache whenever we feel the inkling and not when we've seen a decline in performance. So far that has worked out very well since purchasing in mid-Nov as cannot recall any instance to-date where we have experienced any sort of decline in performance, consistency in that department, for me, has been stellar.
    04-14-18 12:26 PM
    Welcome to the world of "Android".
    04-19-18 08:48 AM
    that is mine experienced. don't use SD card for internal storage .it will cause phone sluggish.
    04-19-18 09:16 PM
    Welcome to the world of "Android".
    Which world? The one where the OP had an issue (that he no longer has), or the one where everybody else seems to be managing just fine?
    04-19-18 09:21 PM
    Android in general slows down. BlackBerry seems to have done a good job with there Android versions. My Motion runs well. But my Samsung Galaxy for work did run well for a bit. Now it's sluggish at best.
    04-19-18 11:42 PM
    Android in general slows down. BlackBerry seems to have done a good job with there Android versions. My Motion runs well. But my Samsung Galaxy for work did run well for a bit. Now it's sluggish at best.
    My Motion has been doing very well since bought at launch. Also own the GS7 & GS7 Edge, going on 1.7 years & 11 months respectively w/o a reset and no real noticeable degradation in performance that I can see/feel. Have the LG G4 and it too performs well after 2+ years. Surely things do taper off to a degree yet hasn't gotten to a point for me that it has become all that apparent.
    05-07-18 05:37 AM