Spending 10 minutes with a no-wipe autoloader would work just fine.

Otherwise, it's only been 3 weeks rolling out so far. I suspect at this point it should be available OTA with the Sep patch. I'm already runnIng the beta.

You're just as well not having been the guinea pigs for the first release. There have been issues with Android Auto and Google Pay.
    Thanks. That's a helpful update.
    09-04-18 04:37 PM
    Conite,
    This may well be a silly question, but.... as I am BBD100-1 where might I find a "no wipe autoloader" please? If I need to create one, can point me to idiot proof instructions?
    Dave
    09-05-18 08:43 AM
    Conite,
    This may well be a silly question, but.... as I am BBD100-1 where might I find a "no wipe autoloader" please? If I need to create one, can point me to idiot proof instructions?
    Dave
    Unfortunately, there is no idiot-proof way of building one. It's actually rather complicated.
    09-05-18 09:15 AM
    Thanks. That's a helpful update.
    Although when you say it will hopefully be available in the September patch, my UK Motion is usually 2/3 months late to receive that too so perhaps we're looking at December?
    09-05-18 11:24 AM
    Thanks for honest reply!! Back to waiting....
    09-05-18 12:53 PM
    It looks like Oreo is now available EVERYWHERE but the UK: https://tclota.birth-online.de/index.php#motion

BB incompetence will never fail to entertain me... Shame but Motion IS my very last BB phone. They need to get the grip...
    09-25-18 07:09 AM
    Is this due to Vodafone?
    It looks like Oreo is now available EVERYWHERE but the UK: https://tclota.birth-online.de/index.php#motion

BB incompetence will never fail to entertain me... Shame but Motion IS my very last BB phone. They need to get the grip...
    09-25-18 07:36 AM
    Is this due to Vodafone?
    Nah, my one is unlocked... Not sure why Voda would be involved here??
    09-25-18 07:41 AM
    Nah, my one is unlocked... Not sure why Voda would be involved here??
    Because there is only a single product SKU for all UK devices, Vodafone essentially controls the update process. They have a deal that they can vet any OS build before deployment.

This has been rectified with the KEY², as Vodafone has their own unique SKU.
    09-25-18 07:45 AM
    What network you on friend.. What phone do you own??
    Movistar in Spain. Phone bought from CLOVE UK.
    09-25-18 07:51 AM
    Because there is only a single product SKU for all UK devices, Vodafone essentially controls the update process. They have a deal that they can vet any OS build before deployment.
    AWESOME. So I got unlocked device that is being controlled by random company. Good job BB. Your incompetence is superior to anything I saw before...
    DLewis13 likes this.
    09-25-18 08:06 AM
    AWESOME. So I got unlocked device that is being controlled by random company. Good job BB. Your incompetence is superior to anything I saw before...
    I guess that was the price of bringing BBMo devices to that market. Carrier support is critical.
    09-25-18 09:27 AM
    I guess that was the price of bringing BBMo devices to that market. Carrier support is critical.
    I would agree if Voda would be mentioned anywhere. I got my phone from Currys/PC World unlocked and w/o any relations to third parties. That supposed to be direct BB issue... I am shocked that BB somehow managed to mess this up they way they did... But hey, my contract ends in March next year...
    hakdaddy1 likes this.
    09-25-18 09:32 AM
    I would agree if Voda would be mentioned anywhere. I got my phone from Currys/PC World unlocked and w/o any relations to third parties. That supposed to be direct BB issue... I am shocked that BB somehow managed to mess this up they way they did... But hey, my contract ends in March next year...
    Better get used to idea that carriers are in control regarding distribution and enhanced features. This isn’t just a BB issue. You’re going to see it more and more going forward with all OEMs. Consumers demand certain rights and processes are put in place. What happens down the road are the unintended consequences.
    melhiore and anon(8980596) like this.
    09-25-18 09:55 AM
    Conite,

Thanks for the update and making sense of the system. I have a day in Europe next week so wonder if my BBD100-1 will "update" when I get over there?
    09-25-18 02:29 PM
    Better get used to idea that carriers are in control regarding distribution and enhanced features. This isn’t just a BB issue. You’re going to see it more and more going forward with all OEMs. Consumers demand certain rights and processes are put in place. What happens down the road are the unintended consequences.
    All Android OEMs..... Apple has their own process.
    09-25-18 02:46 PM
    oreo takes away the ability to have an sd card as internal extra storage
    09-25-18 03:03 PM
    Conite,

Thanks for the update and making sense of the system. I have a day in Europe next week so wonder if my BBD100-1 will "update" when I get over there?
    No. It's based on the PRD number built into your device. Geography is irrelevant.
    09-25-18 03:06 PM
    It's a very bad idea anyway.

But it still works fine.
    Last edited by conite; 09-25-18 at 06:12 PM.
    09-25-18 03:06 PM
    There goes another good idea!!
    09-25-18 03:23 PM
    My Oreo Motion still has that ability.
    09-25-18 05:55 PM
    My Oreo Motion still has that ability.
    So does mine. Only change is that after the Oreo update, in the Storage in Settings the SD card is visible but when clicked it shows it is populating the details but within a second goes back to the Storage main page.
    09-25-18 11:35 PM
    So does mine. Only change is that after the Oreo update, in the Storage in Settings the SD card is visible but when clicked it shows it is populating the details but within a second goes back to the Storage main page.
    Are you saying this happens after you formatted the SD card as internal?
    09-26-18 02:30 AM
    Yes. SD card on my Motion was configured as Internal Storage from before. I updated the device to Oreo as it is. The card is functioning other than the fact that I cannot access it in Storage in Settings.
    09-26-18 07:32 AM
    Screenshots of the Storage page in Settings on my Motion. The second image is of the page which opens when clicking on SD Card, this lasts for a fraction of a second and goes back to the main Storage page as seen in First image.
    Attached Thumbnails Oreo!-188262.jpg  
    09-26-18 07:37 AM
141 ... 3456