I've been a long-time CB member and hopped on board with the Community Review team about a year ago (it's been lots of fun). However, I am super happy to get my hands on a Motion, and it's been a blast. I was skeptical from the get-go with the BlackBerry Mobile devices, especially after the DTEK series and and then my defective K1 screen. I wanted to take some time and make myself available in case anyone has any questions or just want some general gee-wiz info on the phone. Fire away!
    02-12-18 08:54 PM
    I've been a long-time CB member and hopped on board with the Community Review team about a year ago (it's been lots of fun). However, I am super happy to get my hands on a Motion, and it's been a blast. I was skeptical from the get-go with the BlackBerry Mobile devices, especially after the DTEK series and and then my defective K1 screen. I wanted to take some time and make myself available in case anyone has any questions or just want some general gee-wiz info on the phone. Fire away!
    Yep. It's a pretty solid device . Glad your you are enjoying it so far
    02-12-18 10:19 PM
    Also, JerryRigged posted a video today on the Motion. It held up really well. Much better thank the K1, I think. Screen was the only real weak point, but still didn't scratch until #6 . Moral of the story... use a screen protector.
    02-12-18 10:41 PM
    Also, JerryRigged posted a video today on the Motion. It held up really well. Much better thank the K1, I think. Screen was the only real weak point, but still didn't scratch until #6 . Moral of the story... use a screen protector.
    Or don't scratch it with a knife...
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-12-18 10:48 PM
    I cringe every time I watch those videos. I hate seeing them harm perfectly good phones. It is nice seeing how well built they are and what they can withstand though.
    02-12-18 10:53 PM
    Video is on front page news
    02-12-18 11:24 PM
    Enjoy the device.
    02-13-18 02:08 AM
    No questions. I've had my Motion for just over a week and am loving it!
    Pistooli likes this.
    02-13-18 03:52 PM
    It's a fantastic phone. My pixel 2 is still sitting on the shelf. Two different machines but I am definitely enjoying it.
    02-14-18 04:41 PM
    It's a fantastic phone. My pixel 2 is still sitting on the shelf. Two different machines but I am definitely enjoying it.
    2 questions, does it support WiFi Calling on T-Mobile and does it support Band 12 Data & VoLTE on T-Mobile?
    02-16-18 01:38 AM
    I have a Keyone which I like. But I am a virtual keyboard type... I would get the motion but my next phone should have a good camera. I understand that the motion's camera is not...
    RashKoms77 likes this.
    02-16-18 04:20 AM
    2 questions, does it support WiFi Calling on T-Mobile and does it support Band 12 Data & VoLTE on T-Mobile?
    I'm on T-Mo and it absolutely supports wifi-calling. Since most of my calls are over wifi-calling not sure, but others report VoLTE does work.
    02-16-18 08:52 AM
    It does support Wifi Calling on TMO --- as long as you get the U.S. Model, the BBFD100-2. It is my understanding that the 100-1 (original overseas model), does not support it. The Band 12 question I'll have to look into.
    02-16-18 11:09 AM
    The camera is a disappointment. I'm in the process of finishing up my full review which will be in the Community Review section soon (hopefully monday). Regardless, the camera is quite disappointing, especially in low-light, and normal than normal light conditions. It also doesn't like reflective objects, such as plastic wrap on something. The shutter speed is decent and it takes ok pictures in ideal conditions, but it's definitely not up to par with many other phone cameras. The blackberry touch keyboard is as good as ever and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Feel free to ask anymore questions if you have them. I've heard of some people getting better pictures with messing with the settings, turning off auto HDR and auto-flash, and doing some manual mode stuff, but I haven't tested that out yet.
    02-16-18 11:13 AM
    The camera is a disappointment. I'm in the process of finishing up my full review which will be in the Community Review section soon (hopefully monday). Regardless, the camera is quite disappointing, especially in low-light, and normal than normal light conditions. It also doesn't like reflective objects, such as plastic wrap on something. The shutter speed is decent and it takes ok pictures in ideal conditions, but it's definitely not up to par with many other phone cameras. The blackberry touch keyboard is as good as ever and I thoroughly enjoy it.

Feel free to ask anymore questions if you have them. I've heard of some people getting better pictures with messing with the settings, turning off auto HDR and auto-flash, and doing some manual mode stuff, but I haven't tested that out yet.
    I’ve tested it, the improvements are minimal. The camera is ok on the bbmotion...but ya..not great. It’s a bit of a letdown but you can still get decent shots
    02-16-18 10:40 PM
    Hi was wondering if during your explorations around the settings if you found a 'bedside' setting like what was on the BB10?
    It was a great feature, plug in the phone to the charger, swipe from the top down and the clock was displayed, did not get annoying beeps and pings from notifications etc.
    Let us know if you find it.
    PS only had the Motion for 2 days, still finding my way around it.
    Nate tha Great likes this.
    02-17-18 03:51 PM
    As for the camera I found that playing with the white setting in manual mode produces really good quality pictures. I think the issue with the camera could well be sorted out with a software fix.
    skilas likes this.
    02-17-18 07:33 PM
    Hi was wondering if during your explorations around the settings if you found a 'bedside' setting like what was on the BB10?
    It was a great feature, plug in the phone to the charger, swipe from the top down and the clock was displayed, did not get annoying beeps and pings from notifications etc.
    I would love to see this feature available for BB Android. I set the the Do not Disturb to block incoming notifications for the night, but it isn't as easy to turn on and most critically it lacks the red clock.
    GrantAus likes this.
    02-17-18 09:25 PM
    Did you get any data on the Band 12 issue?
    02-22-18 12:03 AM
    According to the GSMArena specs, it supports LTE band 12 (700mhz). Of course, that’s subject to availability and deployment in your area. Should work with it just fine.
    02-22-18 10:32 AM
    There is a “silent” mode when you hit the volume rocker. It’s located in the top-right corner of the volume bar and can be toggled on and off. This puts everything but alarms on silent; turns off vibrate Too. It’s not quite a bedside mode but it effectively does the same thing. LED notifications still work in this mode.
    02-22-18 10:36 AM
    Android doesn't have this. The clock does have "screensaver mode" that dims screen and shows time still..
    Tried using it but had to put bb10 back up to use bedsides.. I could not read time from across the room. There is no way to change font size or colors either.
    Tap the three dot on top left to find it. I had a spare device plugged in and turned all services off(cell and wifi) ended up switching back to a Z30 for this.
    02-22-18 01:31 PM
    You might try the "Nightclock" app from the PlayStore (by Gubbel, there are others with the same name). Not as good as the old bedside mode, but better than nothing.
    02-22-18 02:08 PM