Well... got my Motion today, and WOW!!! Just love it! Moved up from the dtek50. The only smart phone I've ever had has been a blackberry, and if they keep churning out phones like this, I'll be a bb guy for a long time to come!
    the brother likes this.
    02-04-18 11:32 PM
    Get your hands on a Motion? Let us know here, share pics, your thoughts on the device and more!
    Got the device .
    All good.

Except for a bug recently.
    Any sort of media pauses after some time of playback bd it Media player or YouTube or Music player.
    02-07-18 10:59 AM
    Got my Motion after using a KeyOne for 3 weeks... looking forward to see the differences and grow some love towards a device without physical keyboard
    02-14-18 11:23 AM
    Got my Motion after using a KeyOne for 3 weeks... looking forward to see the differences and grow some love towards a device without physical keyboard
    Congrats, Now you're Keyone is Set in Motion. What a pair to have. The power of two BlackBerrys is awesome.
    Pistooli likes this.
    02-14-18 09:14 PM
    hi, I Just got my Motion yesterday. i charged it today for a first time And IT stopped ať 96 %.
    It said "Temperature od battery is too high. The handset has stopped charging" .

anybody had same experience And some solution? Should I return the device?
    02-17-18 09:54 AM
    hi, I Just got my Motion yesterday. i charged it today for a first time And IT stopped ať 96 %.
    It said "Temperature od battery is too high. The handset has stopped charging" .

anybody had same experience And some solution? Should I return the device?
    Are you using the supplied Motion charger/cable?
    02-17-18 10:15 AM
    Are you using the supplied Motion charger/cable?
    Yes, I am
    02-17-18 10:18 AM
    Yes, I am
    Did you initiate a fast charge (boost mode) or just a normal one? Could try another charger and/or cable if you have these at you disposal, charger at least... I've used those from Samsung, LG and Nokia without an ounce of trouble. To me though this does sound like more of a phone/battery issue.
    02-17-18 10:36 AM
    BlackBerry Android isn't the most secure. And they only support updates for 2 years. That is terrible support. What incentive do I have buying a BlackBerry Android such as this Motion that has 2 years support only, lower specs, for a higher price? Versus other brands such as LG & Google branded devices. I was originally trying to persuade the wife to get a BBRY Android, now I am not so sure. Can someone assist? Thanks,

Official 'I got my BlackBerry Motion' thread!-android-security.jpg
    03-01-18 05:23 AM
    I didn't buy the Motion for its security, despite all the noise about it. I bought it for the onboard BBerry tweaked software, the battery and... I like it. Apple can give five years of updates (?) but if you google around you'll find a less than stellar reality, both for their software security and even their app store. Don't know about the others. But I buy what really works best for my needs. My wife wants a phone with a PKB, so she should not get a Key1 because of security BS? That's my assist.
    03-01-18 09:37 PM
    Got my Motion yesterday. At first I was a bit disappointed to be honest. The phone is much wider than I expected (I know, reading the specs more thoroughly should have spared me that surprise). Also, the home button was at first use a bit unresponsive when pressing it in the lower section, but this has gone after a few hours of use. The reason for me to buy a BB after so many years of absence (had a BB 87x long ago) were the productivity tools provided with the device, and I am not disappointed at all. Especially BB Hub and the really outstanding virtual BB keyboard are awesome. What I am still trying to figure out is how to disable vibrations when receiving notificationa in general. Does anybody have a hint here?

Cheers
    Dennis
    03-03-18 05:18 AM
    Just got my Motion after retiring my trusty Z30 (only due to battery issues). Loving the motion and didn't want to go Samsung or iPhone. I can't say I miss my Z30 that much but time will tell.
    03-08-18 01:26 PM
    just got my phone yesterday and I'm coming from a keyone black edition with 4g and 64g and this phone is faster and seems much smoother. I'm loving it
    04-08-18 11:34 AM
    Purchased 2 BlackBerry Motions for me and the wife. The Motion replaces our trusty Z30's. The Z30's will remain at home and be used on Wifi only. The interface on the Motion is OK, its not BB10 of course, but it should do. I did some maneuvering around to kind of emulate how you access the HUB on BB10, made it so when I swipe from slightly top left corner of the screen, the HUB widget appears. Showing all new HUB messages and notifications. Kind of gives you the BB10 feel.
    So far so good. Though I do admit, I miss BB10's fluidness & ease of access to HUB and overall interface. Here hoping they somehow get BB10 skinned onto Android, because it's worth achieving such a thing.

Why did I upgrade from a Z30 to a Motion? Because I was no longer able to access several various websites. Probably due to lack up BB10 updates.
    04-16-18 01:51 PM
    I bought my wife a Motion for her birthday and bought one for myself, too. It's been about a month, and we both love them. I replaced my Z10 with it. My wife's Motion replaced her Galaxy S6 Active. I like the Motion exponentially more than my Priv. Using the BB10 icon pack makes it that much better. I can't express enough how much I disliked my Priv experience. A couple things I will give to the Priv, though; 1) the Priv has a much better camera and 2) the Priv has MUCH better sound quality from the speakers.
    05-16-18 04:17 PM
    Just ordered mine from Koodo. Never owned a Blackberry before and honestly considered them useless for non-business use. They had a physical keyboard which I couldn't imagine using, and were non-Android. I don't know anything about the Blackberry software, but I figure I can ignore that if I have to, it's running Android so I'm familiar enough with that! I bought it because of the hardware, IP67, SD625 (same as my Moto Z Play) and 4000mah battery, finger print sensor on the front not the back. Exactly what I'm looking for in a phone. It has the blackberry name on it, and I'm fine with that. I'm interested in testing the Blackberry additions, but mainly I wanted an Android with these specs and couldn't find it in the fanboy Samsungs and others. They're making over priced handheld gaming machines.
    Last edited by scottdanpor1; 06-06-18 at 07:49 AM.
    06-06-18 06:42 AM
    I totally love my Motion, the deal is that the May update is horrible!!! It's been running my Motion out of battery in just one day while it used to go from 100 to 0 y two days and a bit more! i really need to do something to revert it. Will reseting the phone work?
    06-07-18 02:59 PM
    I totally love my Motion, the deal is that the May update is horrible!!! It's been running my Motion out of battery in just one day while it used to go from 100 to 0 y two days and a bit more! i really need to do something to revert it. Will reseting the phone work?
    A factory reset can often help with something like this on Android. I would do it. Otherwise, Better Battery Stats can help you track down wake locks and battery hogging apps.
    06-07-18 07:03 PM
    Mine was on the March update when in late April (never received this update) that I noticed my Motion's battery appeared a little worse for wear, not horrid by any means yet not nearly as good as it was. No change (for better or worse) when May update came along either. Searched for something that could be causing the issue but came up empty handed so took the plunge and reset my Motion to factory/as new, also eliminated several apps in the process. Now after a week of use can honestly say nothing much has changed.

So in saying the above... Resetting your Motion may or may not resolve your battery issue with there being no way to tell until you do.
    06-07-18 11:52 PM
    Mine was on the March update when in late April (never received this update) that I noticed my Motion's battery appeared a little worse for wear, not horrid by any means yet not nearly as good as it was. No change (for better or worse) when May update came along either. Searched for something that could be causing the issue but came up empty handed so took the plunge and reset my Motion to factory/as new, also eliminated several apps in the process. Now after a week of use can honestly say nothing much has changed.

So in saying the above... Resetting your Motion may or may not resolve your battery issue with there being no way to tell until you do.
    Thank you very much for your response. I'm now doing my back-up to reset it to fabric and will let you know how it went
    06-08-18 12:29 AM
    Upgraded from a DETK50 to a Motion. on 6/4. So far so Good.
    06-08-18 09:32 AM
    Finally added the Motion to my stable! Grabbed myself the dual sim variant and looking forward to using the bb vkb on a daily basis again (until the KEY2 arrives!).

Great build quality and os is nice and snappy. We'll see how it holds up over time.Official 'I got my BlackBerry Motion' thread!-img_20180619_1719011.jpg
    06-20-18 12:19 AM
    Joined the team today. Also grabbed a Keyone Black Edition this week. have to say even though specs are same on both motion does feel like the snappier device.
    07-03-18 08:25 PM
    Late to the game, received my Motion yesterday.
    PRD-63739-009 BBD100-2 using on T-Mobile.
    08-02-18 10:02 AM
    Coming from Z30 --> DTEK50 and am now a week in; time to record my impressions.

I echo the consensus: build, battery life, speed is impressive; camera and speaker are middling. This is my first fingerprint scanner device and I love the feature. Not bothered by the Motion's chin though I would prefer a smaller form factor a la a DTEK50 or Z30.

My greatest surprise was on the software end: I was disappointed to learn the three "Swipe Shortcuts" that I relied on so often with Marshmallow/DTEK50 are not available on the Motion. Whether it's because of the fingerprint scanner or Nougat I don't know; I should've done more homework.

The swipe gestures and Hub were my favourite aspects of the BB user experience, remnants of BB10 that were be a big selling point in remaining with the brand as it migrated to Android. I ditched the Blackberry Launcher for Nova and am satisfied with the resulting gesture based interactions. It's not the total integration and smoothness of BB10 but I found it better than stock. Mobile computing really lost an elegant and efficient OS with the demise of BB10, enough said on that.

I'm pleased with the Motion but I've concluded this: it will probably be my last Blackberry (branded device). If to achieve BB10 like fluidity I have to ditch Blackberry Android software (the launcher) and opt for third party software any generic Android device will do.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    08-07-18 09:31 AM
152 ... 34567