Had Motion for the past 48 hours and very happy with this purchase. Good job Blackberry Mobile/TCL.

1. Build Quality/Hardware: Looks and feel very premium. I love the look of the phone. No problem with bezel with fingerprint/home button. I think Motion looks better than the Iphone7/8 phones with large bezels. A black Blackberry wallpaper from BBM (Background 10) hides the bezels. Those Iphones will be in the wild for the next 4-5 years so the Motion look will not look dated because everyone will keep the Iphones with bezels for a long time. Color palette looks very professional and business like. I heard Flossy Carter (Tech Reviewer) complain about some of the colors of the new Samsung Note 9 (Purple, Blue) options not looking like a business phone. They give you a black and a copper option also.

2. Call Quality & signal strength: So far it has been excellent. Much better than my Priv, DTEK 60 and even better than my LG V20. I would lose signal on my other phones as I drove into my Condo's covered underground garage. The Motion does not lose signal. My calls are very clear.

Camera: Average but is good enough for me. I do not do selfies, post pictures to Facebook or Instagram. Tech reviewers criticize BB Motion camera and compare it the P20 camera. Blackberry Mobile is not trying to compete in that space anyways. Huawei is trying to become known for having the best smartphone camera. I think Blackberry-LTD/Blackberry Mobile should continue to focus on what they are known for... security and software, and not spend resources on what the tech reviewers like. The Locker feature is awesome. I can use it for privacy for confidential docs/photos as I am in the Real Estate business.

Software: Much improved over the Marshmallow Priv, DTEK 60 sofware. Plenty of new features.

Battery Life: Awesome...enuff said. As John Chen would say: It feels good not to be a "Wall Hugger" Always looking for a wall outlet to charge a phone.
    '

Overall, I am very pleased with this phone and will hold onto it until late 2019.
    Last edited by Bay 13; 08-12-18 at 08:19 PM.
    08-12-18 07:29 PM
    what's a Motion does it have a fixed keyboard
    08-13-18 04:26 PM
    Well after long time BlackBerry user then bb10 with z10 .... today I m joining the BlackBerry Motion Team..
    I'm leaving for work and just was delivered, for now I post just the pictures...

Wow I getting " error communicating with the crackberry server"

Posted via CB10
    09-05-18 07:28 AM
    09-05-18 11:39 AM
    OMG! OMG! OMG! I just got my Motion!

While I will admit that the Key 1 and 2 appear to be awesome phones, I have never been a fan of the PKB. My first BB was a Torch because I went for the compromise. Then I went to Z30 (which is the best phone I have ever laid my hands on). I got a Passport as a gift and it was okay, but really, still a PKB and I am not a fan even though I type very well. Both of my BB10 phones crashed with my carrier and I had to resort to buying an Android burner while I waited to upgrade to a Motion. It had to be the Motion because for all the amazing reviews on the Keys I still didn't want a PKB.

I had to use the Android burner for about six weeks and I found it very easy to use; don't understand the issues with the "learning curve." But I am glad I got my BB back. I'm not a BB addict but I hate anything Apple, and Samsung has never been a draw for me despite the fact that I find both of these to have excellent cameras. Still, not a big enough sell for me because my camera is not the most important thing on my phone.

After me and my Motion are better acquainted, I guess I will decide if it is the best VKB ever, or if that honour remains with my Z30. Man, do I love that Z30.

I was planning for weeks to buy my Motion from Smart Image, even though I live in Canada, because it was USD$399. Damn good price even if I had to wait to have somebody bring it over for me. But the stock seemed to have run dry because the re-stock date kept changing and I panicked and bought it from a Canadian seller on Amazon, which was not for a terrible price. Also, with Amazon fulfillment I feel better about getting support if anything should go wrong.

The day after I purchased my Motion, there were no more in stock for $399 and the prices skyrocketed with other sellers, so I held my breath as I waited for mine to be delivered, hoping I wouldn't get a message saying my seller no longer had stock as well. I was so excited when I got it I just let it sit in the box for hours, like a kid waiting to open a present on Xmas morning.

It's a beautiful device and now it's all set up and waiting for me to make the best use of it.
    Elky64 likes this.
    09-09-18 10:38 AM
    9 months ago I started thinking about getting the Motion and it was readily available. When I finally decided to upgrade (z10 to dTek50) to the Motion it was nearly impossible and prices hadn't shifted at all. Well, today it finally happened. I got a barely used Motion from someone in town who was switching to the Key1...so excited! I'm updating it now...then let the games begin!!!

SO HAPPY!
    Elky64 likes this.
    10-14-18 04:03 PM
    9 months ago I started thinking about getting the Motion and it was readily available. When I finally decided to upgrade (z10 to dTek50) to the Motion it was nearly impossible and prices hadn't shifted at all. Well, today it finally happened. I got a barely used Motion from someone in town who was switching to the Key1...so excited! I'm updating it now...then let the games begin!!!

SO HAPPY!
    Congrats and enjoy!
    10-14-18 04:17 PM
    I've had my for about two months. great phone. enjoy!
    10-14-18 06:12 PM
    Just picked one up almost new for $370 CAD and this thing is exceeding my expectations. I'm coming from a Note 3, but this battery is a beast, great security features, nice and professional look and feel and completely useful apps...
    01-24-19 07:36 PM
    I dont think it has fixed keyboard
    05-31-19 02:47 AM
    Had a Motion for a year and a half after a Z30 for 3 years, after a SGS3 for 2 years after a DroidX that I inherited for a year. The droid experience with so many crApps you couldn't delete or disable inserting into everything I was doing really soured me and BB10 looked like the one to support.
    The Z30 was delicious with it's silky smooth launcher and excellent hub and SO much less bloat.
    But the browser crashed frequently and the few other apps I had used were not available on BB and as time went on more slipped away. ������Had to jump from CDMA anyway to ditch Verizon.
    As soon as I got a Motion I jumped.
    Android BB launcher and Hub is still better than anything else I've tried without the lovely fluidity of BB10. This and the ability to throw out the junk you don't need and tweak permissions is what I would keep buying BlackBerry for.
    My Motion was lost about a month ago and in that time I've used an old iPhone, bought a used Key1 (hadda try a PKB) while looking for another Motion. Seemed to be none of the right varient available at a reasonable price so ordered a new Key2LE.
    Using the K1 ...meh, after virtual keys not hot on keys you have to press on. Picking up the Z30 and seeing you don't have to press down on the home key is better than the Motion's home key.
    So when I could I got another Motion. After de-googling and putting better apps on, Aahhh, home at last!
    10-05-19 03:15 PM
    Had a Motion for a year and a half after a Z30 for 3 years, after a SGS3 for 2 years after a DroidX that I inherited for a year. The droid experience with so many crApps you couldn't delete or disable inserting into everything I was doing really soured me and BB10 looked like the one to support.
    The Z30 was delicious with it's silky smooth launcher and excellent hub and SO much less bloat.
    But the browser crashed frequently and the few other apps I had used were not available on BB and as time went on more slipped away. 😓Had to jump from CDMA anyway to ditch Verizon.
    Android BB launcher and Hub is still better than anything else I've tried without the lovely fluidity of BB10. This and the ability to throw out the junk you don't need and tweak permissions is what I would keep buying BlackBerry for.
    My Motion was lost about a month ago and in that time I've used an old iPhone, bought a used Key1 (hadda try a PKB) while looking for another Motion. Seemed to be none of the right varient available at a reasonable price so ordered a new Key2LE.
    Using the K1 ...meh, after virtual keys not hot on keys you have to press on. Picking up the Z30 and seeing you don't have to press down on the home key is better than the Motion's home key.
    So when I could I got another Motion. After de-googling and putting better apps on, Aahhh, home at last!
    10-05-19 03:15 PM
    But the browser crashed frequently and the few other apps I had used were not available on BB and as time went on more slipped away. ������Had to jump from CDMA anyway to ditch Verizon.
    Congrats on your find. If one device I could have gotten after KEYones, it would have been the Motion but like the Key2 or Key2 LE, without AT&T support, it would have to be dirt cheap and BBMo has been too good at maintaining price support. Enjoy it.
    10-05-19 04:14 PM
    I've been a BB user for almost 2 decades I think, from the BB Curve back in 2000 or 2001, and refreshing every couple years until now: BB Curve, BB Curve, BB Torch, BB Torch, BB Classic, BB Priv, BB Priv, and now the BB Motion! I really miss my Priv but when it started dying I had to make the decision; recently on Amazon I got a brand new Motion for the $400 range, which I'm happy with. For the longest time I was holding out that BB would come out with a new slider, which I like because I could have a keyboard when I wanted it, but it was full touchscreen the rest of the time. I was hoping the "Priv 2" would be waterproof and with beefier specs, but no version of the Priv2 ever happened, unfortunately.

But, in a way that was a Godsend. I love my BB Motion! It's beefy battery and fast OS have me floored, and with the phone capabilities being seemingly on-par with my wife's less-than-6-months-old Samsung Galaxy S9+, I'm stoked.

And since I have been discovering other cool things by accident I've been even happier: Split screen operations so I can have 2 things happening for maximum productivity, including youtube vids either thumbnailed with a full screen of something else behind, or split 50/50 operations like when my wife had the Note 9 (or 8, or 7, I can't remember)... pretty cool!

Only a couple times did it glitch out and scare me a little, but I suppose that's to be expected when you're trying to stay true to BB.

Looking forward to exploring the thread on "tips and tricks" in a bit, as I'm just less than 2 months moved into this phone.

Aloha!
    10-16-19 04:34 PM
    After three years with my Priv, I bought a Motion. I miss the screen of the Priv but the battery of my new friend seems to be great. The size is cool too, the weight also, the fingerprint sensor is quite funny, it's faster, ......

Yeah !! Il like my new Motion !!

I wish you a good day.
    Elky64 likes this.
    01-25-20 10:49 AM
    After three years with my Priv, I bought a Motion. I miss the screen of the Priv but the battery of my new friend seems to be great. The size is cool too, the weight also, the fingerprint sensor is quite funny, it's faster, ......

Yeah !! Il like my new Motion !!

I wish you a good day.
    Yeah there was a lot I liked about the Motion too, and that finger print sensor is one of the best I've used on a device and still is. Have fun and enjoy your new found friend!
    01-29-20 08:23 PM
    That picture of the Motion sure highlights the HUGE Bezel. Just Saying.
    John Albert likes this.
    01-29-20 11:37 PM
    That picture of the Motion sure highlights the HUGE Bezel. Just Saying.
    Yup they are huge especially the bottom yet for me they blended in after a very short bit of use. Paid more mind to the camera's shortcoming that anything else about the Motion. And imo it was a start to a good thing that will now never be.
    02-08-20 04:16 PM
    Yep, it’s true. I finally got a BlackBerry Motion to add to my Addiction Collection as it’s known.
    elfabio80 and Grungni like this.
    05-14-20 06:03 AM
    Yep, it’s true. I finally got a BlackBerry Motion to add to my Addiction Collection as it’s known.
    C'mon, Chuck... take your SIM out of your iPhone and put it in the Motion... you can do it!
    05-14-20 06:19 AM
    Good for you!! Where did you get it?
    05-14-20 12:44 PM
    C'mon, Chuck... take your SIM out of your iPhone and put it in the Motion... you can do it!
    I thought about it but I can't even remove the one from my V30 let alone my XR for now or ever for that matter.

The Motion and my BE KEYone are relegated to couple of emergency T-Mobile lines I have.
    05-14-20 07:14 PM
    From this Irish guy I know....
    05-14-20 09:44 PM
    From this Irish guy I know....
    05-14-20 09:44 PM
    Anyone know where you can still a Motion?
    07-25-20 05:57 PM
152 ... 4567