Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    So I loved the BlackBerry Notes app on my Z30. Simple, but exactly what I needed. So I was very happy when I found out I could transfer all my notes to Google backup, and transfer to my new Motion.

Unfortunately there's a handful of things that may get me to find a new program.

Dislikes:
    The layout is too big. Too few notes are listed on a single page. I don't need to see 3 lines of the body of the note in the preview area.
    Laggy with big notes. Like I said, I've been using it for a while. I've got a couple that I add a line to everyday (my son's wake up time). But those ones with hundreds of lines are like watching a slideshow. You type, then the word slowly shows up on the screen. Obviously did not have this issue with the Z30. Borderline unusable. Yes, I can just make shorter notes. It's just annoying that something that used to work, no longer works after switching.
    No dark theme that I can find.

You can now organize by start date, not just "last modified".

I never used Evernote on my Z30. Maybe I'll try it now...
    12-10-17 09:37 AM
    I would recommend taking a look at Google KEEP as an alternative note and task reminder app, before going too far with the BlackBerry note.

There are videos online comparing KEEP with Evernote.

Posted via CB10
    skilas and bbrotestant like this.
    12-10-17 08:18 PM
    I use the BlackBerry Notes app since it will talk to my Exchange server, which makes it device-agnostic (IPM.Stickynote type data.)

It's big hassle is that only does text. That Microsuck didn't include image attachments pisses me off.
    skilas likes this.
    12-11-17 08:45 AM
    I've started using Evernote. I already had an account made. And even though people say they've stopped updating it, the app I had previously downloaded on my Z30 still seems to work. And it's syncing across with Motion and the Web browser, which is nice...
    12-11-17 11:29 AM
    Evernote was a nice option right up until they started playing "freemium" nonsense in a way that I personally found offensive. Never mind I have no idea what sort of data security they can actually document (don't care what they CLAIM, I'm interested in what they can PROVE!)
    12-11-17 12:23 PM
    I use the BlackBerry Notes app since it will talk to my Exchange server, which makes it device-agnostic (IPM.Stickynote type data.)

It's big hassle is that only does text. That Microsuck didn't include image attachments pisses me off.
    I have a legacy account and the folder is suppose to sync but always disapears.
    For pictures it will hold formatting of webpages and you can paste them like that and I think even email it after

Posted via CB10
    01-04-18 06:01 PM
    So I loved the BlackBerry Notes app on my Z30. Simple, but exactly what I needed. So I was very happy when I found out I could transfer all my notes to Google backup, and transfer to my new Motion.

Unfortunately there's a handful of things that may get me to find a new program.

Dislikes:
    The layout is too big. Too few notes are listed on a single page. I don't need to see 3 lines of the body of the note in the preview area.
    Laggy with big notes. Like I said, I've been using it for a while. I've got a couple that I add a line to everyday (my son's wake up time). But those ones with hundreds of lines are like watching a slideshow. You type, then the word slowly shows up on the screen. Obviously did not have this issue with the Z30. Borderline unusable. Yes, I can just make shorter notes. It's just annoying that something that used to work, no longer works after switching.
    No dark theme that I can find.

You can now organize by start date, not just "last modified".

I never used Evernote on my Z30. Maybe I'll try it now...
    Here is a neat trick.
    In your browsers url, and try the stock browser.
    enter "data:text/html, document.documentElement.focus();" but without the quotes. *Save it as a bookmark first.* When your done or want to save it, save the page as a .html file or it will have the tags over your note.

That is a good one to start nice, simple and pretty resilient. Allows you to paste webpage elements, you can style it for diff background color font color and size.
    Want a dark mode?

data:text/html, document.documentElement.focus();

Definitely not best practices but for the sake of a quick note taker on BB10 its pretty great. Browsers are diff wont work everywhere.

If you need different features it is not hard to add them either. It can be a hyperlink in a home page also. A textarea might be a better choice, both will handle a lot of plain text well.
    With textarea you a little more control but cant copy all then paste elements of an open page. Just text.

----
    Sorry crackberry wouldnt display the tags.
    https://www.evernote.com/shard/s470/...1e5907dc7398bc

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 01-04-18 at 08:01 PM.
    01-04-18 06:43 PM
    I would recommend taking a look at Google KEEP as an alternative note and task reminder app, before going too far with the BlackBerry note.

There are videos online comparing KEEP with Evernote.

Posted via CB10
    Evernote is a robust yes-we-can all-in-one system which assumes you will eventually get a subscription. Keep is a lot more lightweight.
    I've been using gnotes (Chinese company), a bit too simglple, but will full search and free cloud backup + Web version.
    01-09-18 02:44 AM