Hello everyone,

Just picked up the Blackberry Motion. Was looking for some suggestions on a call blocker app with customization options. The most important feature I'm looking for is an app that won't allow the caller to hear that first ring before blocking. The second feature is an option to allow certain calls to ring through (family) and send some callers to voicemail (work related calls after hours). The stock call blocker is great but not customizable at all. All the ones I have tried allow that first ring.

Thanks!
    11-26-17 11:14 PM
    Hello everyone,

Just picked up the Blackberry Motion. Was looking for some suggestions on a call blocker app with customization options. The most important feature I'm looking for is an app that won't allow the caller to hear that first ring before blocking. The second feature is an option to allow certain calls to ring through (family) and send some callers to voicemail (work related calls after hours). The stock call blocker is great but not customizable at all. All the ones I have tried allow that first ring.

Thanks!
    when you say "stock call blocker" are you referring to the phone app or the contacts app?

you can make a caller have a silent ringtone so you don't hear anything, family can call through as normal, and in the contacts app, you can pick which callers get taken direct to voicemail. but I think you are looking for something on the time schedule since you said "work related calls after hours"... so yeah, i'm not sure for that particular need.
    11-27-17 02:26 AM
    Hello everyone,

Thanks!
    You can set any contact to "all calls to voicemail", which will do what you want.

You can also "star" contacts and then set the "Do not disturb" mode to "starred contacts only"; everyone else gets silence.
    11-27-17 07:40 AM
    Hello everyone,

Thanks!
    You can set any contact to "all calls to voicemail", which will do what you want.

You can also "star" contacts and then set the "Do not disturb" mode to "starred contacts only"; everyone else eats silence.

The latter can be set up to do so automatically on a timed schedule (e.g. when you are not working.)
    supertom likes this.
    11-27-17 07:40 AM
    Oh yeah, that's right.. setting up "do not disturb" can set a time schedule. so yeah, this can all be done without a 3rd party app
    11-27-17 02:43 PM
    Hello everyone,

Thanks!
    The ring the caller hears comes from his carrier and is completely independent from what you hear.

You can't actually block calls from arriving at your phone, you can only ignore them, silence them, or re-direct them.

If you assign a silent ringtone to an incoming call you won't hear anything.
    11-27-17 08:15 PM