Got the Keyone full spec black and I'm looking to get a new second "fun" device to replace the S J7 2016 , which is excellent surprisingly. Exceeds what most of us need and for 250 euros or less.

I think I've ruled out the iPhone 7 and 8 and especially the X on price, and don't want Samsung 8 as I want a change of brand and don't like the shape.

So, I reckon I'm gonna go Motion as I'm into BBM right now. Might be a keyone clone without a PKB but more robust.

Do you get my motions?!!
    Just another capricious tech consumer?
    11-16-17 09:28 AM
    If you already own a Keyone and the Samsung "equivalent" of the DTEK50 I don't think you'll get much value out of the Motion, especially at its launch price.

If that's not an issue then by all accounts the Motion seems to be an excellent device for entertainment.
    11-16-17 10:04 AM
    Go huawei

If you have keyone
    IPhone and Samsung out of the line

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-16-17 11:10 AM
    Huawei phones emit way too much radiation. Their SAR/DAS are always among the highest
    11-16-17 01:35 PM
  5. dennisetheridge902@gmail.com's Avatar
    Too soon to invest in a phone so fresh out of the gate.. Look at the Dteck 50/60. Go with a tried and true phone.. These contract built BlackBerry"s aren't what they used to be .. Unfortunately
    Qorax likes this.
    11-16-17 08:40 PM
    Too soon to invest in a phone so fresh out of the gate.. Look at the Dteck 50/60. Go with a tried and true phone.. These contract built BlackBerry"s aren't what they used to be .. Unfortunately
    They've dropped in price but not much lower than the Motion. I'd trust the Motion now they've cut their teeth with the Keyone. And it's more up to date and nicer looking to me.
    11-17-17 04:28 AM
    Dtek series has battery failure! Go keynote or motion or iphone 8
    12-06-17 10:20 AM
    Got the Keyone full spec black and I'm looking to get a new second "fun" device to replace the S J7 2016 , which is excellent surprisingly. Exceeds what most of us need and for 250 euros or less.

I think I've ruled out the iPhone 7 and 8 and especially the X on price, and don't want Samsung 8 as I want a change of brand and don't like the shape.

So, I reckon I'm gonna go Motion as I'm into BBM right now. Might be a keyone clone without a PKB but more robust.

Do you get my motions?!!
    Go with the BlackBerry Motion. Say no to Applesuck! The IFart 7 and 8 are pretty much the same phone, they are twins who look and operate the same way, as if they share a shortbus ride every morning.

The IFart 10...sorry, X, has that weird uni-brow thing going on at the top...for that reason alone you should skip it...and probably because you have to mortgage your home to buy it.

Look at it this way. If you get tired of the BlackBerry Motion, you can use it for self-defence and box someone with it into the middle of next week...πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜œβœŒ
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-06-17 06:58 PM
    Go with the BlackBerry Motion. Say no to Applesuck! The IFart 7 and 8 are pretty much the same phone, they are twins who look and operate the same way, as if they share a shortbus ride every morning.

The IFart 10...sorry, X, has that weird uni-brow thing going on at the top...for that reason alone you should skip it...and probably because you have to mortgage your home to buy it.

Look at it this way. If you get tired of the BlackBerry Motion, you can use it for self-defence and box someone with it into the middle of next week...πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜œβœŒ
    @adonesc doesn't like apple LoL

Typed on a beautiful piece of history
    12-08-17 11:38 AM
    I feel that Apple is way overpriced hardware with minimal innovation, but have to say that they are also selling a complete ecosystem, somewhat like BlackBerry did in the good old days when we had BlackBerry email etc.

Bbnivende likes this.
    12-08-17 11:41 AM

Do you get my motions?!!
    If you want another KEYone minus the keyboard then go with the Motion. Otherwise, if you want to branch out, I'd say we have to know what you budget is..

$499 the Oneplus 5T looks great!
    https://www.androidauthority.com/one...review-814075/

$400 Huawei Nova 2S
    https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-nova-2s-820947/

$349 HTC U11 Life
    https://www.androidauthority.com/htc...review-811862/

$200 Huawei Honor 7x
    https://www.androidauthority.com/hon...view-2-818454/
    12-08-17 03:25 PM
    I feel that Apple is way overpriced hardware with minimal innovation, but have to say that they are also selling a complete ecosystem, somewhat like BlackBerry did in the good old days when we had BlackBerry email etc.

You are right. Besides at the end of the day you buy the device that best suits your needs...✌
    Last edited by adonesc; 12-09-17 at 07:34 PM.
    12-09-17 12:27 PM
    I choose the Pixel 2 XL. The screen issues are not true, its a phantastic phone.
    12-09-17 12:48 PM
    There is also the Nokia 6 with excellent specs for under 300usd. Personally I am trying to decide between the iPhone 8, S8 or note 8. On specs alone I would go with the note 8 but it's huge.
    12-09-17 01:00 PM
    There is also the Nokia 6 with excellent specs for under 300usd. Personally I am trying to decide between the iPhone 8, S8 or note 8. On specs alone I would go with the note 8 but it's huge.
    Consider the OnePlus 5T. Its a great phone for an acceptable price.
    12-09-17 03:14 PM
    If you want another KEYone minus the keyboard then go with the Motion. Otherwise, if you want to branch out, I'd say we have to know what you budget is..

$499 the Oneplus 5T looks great!
    https://www.androidauthority.com/one...review-814075/

$400 Huawei Nova 2S
    https://www.androidauthority.com/huawei-nova-2s-820947/

$349 HTC U11 Life
    https://www.androidauthority.com/htc...review-811862/

$200 Huawei Honor 7x
    https://www.androidauthority.com/hon...view-2-818454/
    From your list definitely the OnePlus 5T. My wife has got it and its great in all specs.
    12-09-17 03:16 PM
    The thing about Apple is that you buy a brand image and pay a premium for a phone which is lower speced than many others, eg. The one plus five T. Which is now on my radar. Being locked into the post Jobs Apple World with the stratospheric prices and the lack of innovation till the X, and the take it or leave it philosophy is turning me off. I'm thinking of selling the macbook air I bought a few weeks ago to give it a try. So dated inside and out...

Around 450 euros is the price I want to spend. Gets me an iPhoney 6S plus or a 1 plus 5t...
    I think I'll give the Motion a miss and wait for a better BB model later on.
    Such first world angst!!!
    12-09-17 03:20 PM
    The thing about Apple is that you buy a brand image and pay a premium for a phone which is lower speced than many others, eg. The one plus five T.
    The iPhone actually has the better specs,

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...ic-benchmarks/

This has been the trend for a few years now, Apple's SOC consistently outperforms Qualcomm's offering in Android flagships. Other OEM's are playing catchup to Apple in this regard. Apple is usually slow to add RAM but iOS is pretty well optimized so it's not as noticeable as on a Android or BB10 device IMO.
    12-09-17 04:55 PM
    If I could afford to buy a phone outright, I would go with the Nokia 6. I've researched a lot of phones and for the price and specs, and the fact that it's vanilla Android, I could definitely see myself being very comfortable with that phone. But I cannot afford to buy a phone outright and my choices are a little limited because I'm going with xfinity mobile (for my European friends here, xfinity is a cable TV Co. That now offers cellular service, and unlimited talk and text for up to 5 lines is included with internet service for no extra charge). Xfinity currently only offers Apple or Samsung. I was out running a few errands and gave it some thought, and if I got a wallet case for the note 8 I think it should fit in my pocket just fine.
    12-09-17 04:57 PM
    If I could afford to buy a phone outright, I would go with the Nokia 6. I've researched a lot of phones and for the price and specs, and the fact that it's vanilla Android, I could definitely see myself being very comfortable with that phone. But I cannot afford to buy a phone outright and my choices are a little limited because I'm going with xfinity mobile (for my European friends here, xfinity is a cable TV Co. That now offers cellular service, and unlimited talk and text for up to 5 lines is included with internet service for no extra charge). Xfinity currently only offers Apple or Samsung. I was out running a few errands and gave it some thought, and if I got a wallet case for the note 8 I think it should fit in my pocket just fine.
    If you don't mind Amazon Ads, the Nokia 6 is $150 on Amazon now. If you can wait the successor to the Nokia 6 is rumored to be announced in January so that could give you more options.

Rampant speculation calls for January Nokia 6 (2018) release | Pocketnow
    12-09-17 05:16 PM
    Nah I don't want to wait. Even though the note 8 is Samsung, the specs kill just about anything else. 6gigs of ram! Lol I was joking with my friend that it will be so fast I'll think and the phone will just do it. The Nokia 6 is very reasonably priced for buying a phone outright but I can get the note 8 for $40/mo for two years, and talk and text cost me nothing, only if I need data will I pay more. For now just gonna run off wifi because there are hardly any places I go where there isn't wifi.
    12-09-17 05:22 PM
    Which is great if you buy into the whole ecosystems thing but do I want a Mac, IPad, iPhone, I watch and everything else that goes with Apple. My whole family uses iPhone etc but they left me cold. Horses for courses.
    12-09-17 05:33 PM
    The note 8 is Samsung, not apple
    12-09-17 07:15 PM
    Nah I don't want to wait. Even though the note 8 is Samsung, the specs kill just about anything else. 6gigs of ram! Lol I was joking with my friend that it will be so fast I'll think and the phone will just do it. The Nokia 6 is very reasonably priced for buying a phone outright but I can get the note 8 for $40/mo for two years, and talk and text cost me nothing, only if I need data will I pay more. For now just gonna run off wifi because there are hardly any places I go where there isn't wifi.
    I am using a Nokia 5 and I am pretty impressive. It works pretty well and it is pretty fast. The first impressions and reviews were almost negative, saying that the Nokias were lagging. After some updates I can say my 5 flies. I do immagine the Nokia 6 should be even better. Just one this disappoints me: check the quality of the camera. My BlackBerry Z10 was taking much better photos...

Posted via CB10
    12-10-17 12:58 AM
    Well I'm not going to be getting any phone for awhile. Long story but it's just not gonna happen.
    12-10-17 02:09 AM
35 12