Always great video by Mr. Mobil!

seletok likes this.
    11-23-17 01:10 AM
    I agree with Mr. Mobil. I am waiting for Keytwo!
    11-23-17 01:11 AM
    I have the motion it's a great phone, for the price , and the the fact that it's water resistant yeah great phone
    11-23-17 08:22 AM
    He actually opined very well @krazyatom ~ No PKB = No Blackberry.

There are a plethora of damn good slabs out there. Sure security matters - but how many folks 'really' dig that security? You guessed right, near none. As such except for us, hardcore BB fans - folks out there won't be flocking for the Motion. A minuscule of them who do hit the BB - is b'coz of the PKB.

MrMobile BlackBerry Motion vs.  Keyone-blackberry-keyone-priv-passport.jpg

Imo, with the Priv - BB had actually hit the nail. Best of both worlds. And bringing back the nostalgia as well. Just that they needed to smarten up their act and make that device more robust, both hardware and software wise.

Today, if BB has to be relevant - it has to be different. Especially in its looks dept. Remember, 90% of folks fall for 'looks' in the first place. Lot of ground is already lost - thus to keep BB rolling, it has to offer something unique. To physically hold on to.

Yes, it is a gamble. Not everything different would be successful. However, history has proven that uniqueness do have a better chance. Else, many of today's techs wouldn't have been there. The Priv, if strengthened up - could be a popular force to reckon with.

It's another matter that I love my Passport. It is like no other! And should continue to be produced alongside the Priv to keep BB alive. Two original / different devices - and so very BlackBerry!

And off course the KeyOne. As per me, these three - the KeyOne, The Priv and the Passport are the flagship tridents of Blackberry. They need to pursue 'only' these three designs, until and unless they can figure out another uniquely different model/s.

Ps.: I also believe Passport's PKB is the best BB keyboard ever. Minimalist, yet packed with features - and so comfortable to use.
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-23-17 09:12 AM
    Mr. Mobile is the best! Love this guy. Super honest. It's amazing to me...what he says at the very end is exactly why I bought the Motion instead of the KEYone. I couldn't part with the real estate, but was so-so on the keyboard, love the Hub. but really, really wanted that incredible battery life. Yup...that's me. I think all of us will be keeping a sharp eye on the KEYtwo. Thanks, Mr. Mobile! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
    Qorax and phuoc like this.
    11-23-17 11:50 AM
    He actually opined very well @krazyatom ~ No PKB = No Blackberry.

There are a plethora of damn good slabs out there. Sure security matters - but how many folks 'really' dig that security? You guessed right, near none. As such except for us, hardcore BB fans - folks out there won't be flocking for the Motion. A minuscule of them who do hit the BB - is b'coz of the PKB.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry KeyOne, Priv & Passport.jpg 
Views:	862 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	431689

Imo, with the Priv - BB had actually hit the nail. Best of both worlds. And bringing back the nostalgia as well. Just that they needed to smarten up their act and make that device more robust, both hardware and software wise.

Today, if BB has to be relevant - it has to be different. Especially in its looks dept. Remember, 90% of folks fall for 'looks' in the first place. Lot of ground is already lost - thus to keep BB rolling, it has to offer something unique. To physically hold on to.

Yes, it is a gamble. Not everything different would be successful. However, history has proven that uniqueness do have a better chance. Else, many of today's techs wouldn't have been there. The Priv, if strengthened up - could be a popular force to reckon with.

It's another matter that I love my Passport. It is like no other! And should continue to be produced alongside the Priv to keep BB alive. Two original / different devices - and so very BlackBerry!

And off course the KeyOne. As per me, these three - the KeyOne, The Priv and the Passport are the flagship tridents of Blackberry. They need to pursue 'only' these three designs, until and unless they can figure out another uniquely different model/s.

Ps.: I also believe Passport's PKB is the best BB keyboard ever. Minimalist, yet packed with features - and so comfortable to use.
    Yes I agree with you. I like prefer priv over keyone for form factor. Without keyboard, no BlackBerry for me as well. I hope there will be next gen BlackBerry with PKB. TCL probably don't have a high expectations. It's more of slab experiment by TCL.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-23-17 02:42 PM
    I agree with the reviewer. The Motion is an adequate enterprise phone. I hope that BlackBerry moves the the Keytwo upmarket while lowering the price on the Keyone for the budget market.

As far as slab phones, I would want a phone as good as a Pixel but at a lower price but at the same quality. For example , having a so so camera is not good enough . I also would be wanting a phone with a smaller body and a higher screen to body ratio.

I am yet to see a reviewer praise the BlackBerry suite of apps. Having used the suite myself I tend to agree unless the alternative is Touchwiz.
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-23-17 05:24 PM
    I agree with the reviewer. The Motion is an adequate enterprise phone. I hope that BlackBerry moves the the Keytwo upmarket while lowering the price on the Keyone for the budget market.

As far as slab phones, I would want a phone as good as a Pixel but at a lower price but at the same quality. For example , having a so so camera is not good enough . I also would be wanting a phone with a smaller body and a higher screen to body ratio.

I am yet to see a reviewer praise the BlackBerry suite of apps. Having used the suite myself I tend to agree unless the alternative is Touchwiz.
    You're saying you want "as good as, same quality, but cheaper." Forgetting just for a moment, BBAndroid, how can any smaller OEM without the economic resources or standing with chipmakers/parts suppliers give you the "as good as, same quality, same price, let alone cheaper?"

It's like you're asking for a leprechaun to deliver you a unicorn carrying pot of gold behind in a platinum wagon....
    11-23-17 06:56 PM
    Let me try again . The mid priced phone like the Motion is not good enough for buyers who want a good camera , known track record and reduced bezels . At the same time it is too expensive for budget minded consumers.

The problem may be the price addition due to the software.

Is the Motion going to be another Alcatel ? I would not pay 600 Cdn for an Alcatel all touch. Not at this point in time.

I read a review of the Motion and in particular the software and that reviewer thought the BlackBerry way was outdated but maybe of interest to a business user. The type of user who values a PKB and shortcuts etc is not the same customer who buys an all touch phone hence the success of the iPhone and it’s simple approach. I agree that BB10 is an ideal OS for an all touch but that is not going to happen. If BlackBerry were to make a launcher that duplicated the gestures of BB10 well then perhaps they would have something value added.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 11-23-17 at 11:36 PM.
    11-23-17 07:36 PM
    Let me try again . The mid priced phone like the Motion is not good enough for buyers who want a good camera , known track record and reduced bezels . At the same time it is too expensive for budget minded consumers.
    Meh. Unproved, and worse, that review did zero examination of the source of the issue when indoors and under restricted light.

It could be as simple as not as easy to hold it steady while snapping; shutter speed matters -- a lot -- in low light. That's easily compensated for in the camera's manual controls.

In other words we don't KNOW if the sensor is different. It might not be. I can look at EXIF data and take a good guess, but.... oh well, no Motion here for me to be able to get my hands on and find out.

If it IS such then it's easily "fixed" (since it's not really broken) with the manual controls, and BB Mobile can update the camera app to "fix" it in "automatic" mode too. If not, well, then not, but how about a bit of investigation before stuffing your shoe down your pie hole, which may well happen as soon as someone who actually knows what they're talking about digs into the device and writes a proper review on this.
    11-24-17 08:22 AM
    Have a look at the 2018 Alcatel A5 render to look at possible directions TLC might take BlackBerry.

https://mobile.twitter.com/evleaks/s...07359957377024
    11-25-17 12:49 AM
    Have a look at the 2018 Alcatel A5 render to look at possible directions TLC might take BlackBerry.

https://mobile.twitter.com/evleaks/s...07359957377024
    This is a beautiful phone, and its front is something I wish the Motion could have drawn a little more from (albeit with a traditional BlackBerry logo and carbon fibre back). Not sure how this Alcatel handset will be priced, however.

Alcatel is a solid brand, and they have certainly had success in the UK budget market. I suppose the challenge for TCL is the potential overlap between their two brands, and how they contend with this.
    11-25-17 04:49 AM
    I think the Keytwo will look similar but with the PKB of course. The next Motion would likely be similar with a 18:9 screen and the finger scanner on the back. It will be significantly sleeker. Alcatel significantly undercuts BlackBerry on price .
    11-25-17 09:53 AM
    Does anyone know if Motion has A camera manual mode as good as Keyone or Priv?
    Thanks
    11-28-17 07:59 AM
    Yes. You can switch to a manual camera mode in settings.The camera app is basically identical to the KeyOnes one

Posted via CB10
    rgordon44 likes this.
    11-28-17 12:15 PM
    Thanks llelectronics
    Bbnivende likes this.
    11-30-17 05:43 AM
    Sounds good since camera has been criticized as "blurry" with default mode settings (eg, iso, slow shutter etc). Assume default mode settings can be changed to to help reduce camera shake artifacts?
    11-30-17 05:50 AM
    I really don't agree with Mr. Mobile in the point, that only a keyboard makes a BlackBerry. It's the great entire software and the security from the production. You will never get this feature only if you install the Hub suite on an other device, it must be a stock BlackBerry. BlackBerry needs definitely both device, with hardware keyboard and a full touch device.
    12-01-17 08:39 PM