Using the Hub on the Samsung S8. Why would I buy the Motion instead? It's inferior in every way.
    10-08-17 04:25 AM
    Yes I wish they would just pull the trigger and pull out all the stops and make the Motion a Flagship model to compete with the Note 8 and crush the iPhone, I'm sure a ton of people would actually buy it. I bought the Passport and if it wasn't for the dumb shape and keyboard I would still be using it, that and it kept rebooting and deleting all my browser pages I had open lol
    10-08-17 04:59 AM
    I bought the Passport and if it wasn't for the dumb shape and keyboard I would still be using it

Umm... so why buy the Passport if not for those reasons?
    kthhrrsn and dmlis like this.
    10-08-17 07:20 AM
    Using the Hub on the Samsung S8. Why would I buy the Motion instead? It's inferior in every way.
    The Motion will be cheaper, have a more durable construction, and will have a better battery life.

If these reasons aren't enough for you, then you are not the intended target for this device.
    10-08-17 07:46 AM
    Then don't buy it. Nobody put a gun to your head saying "throw away your S8 and buy a Motion instead."
    dmlis, Praveen raj2 and PHughes like this.
    10-08-17 07:49 AM
    Yes I wish they would just pull the trigger and pull out all the stops and make the Motion a Flagship model to compete with the Note 8 and crush the iPhone, I'm sure a ton of people would actually buy it. I bought the Passport and if it wasn't for the dumb shape and keyboard I would still be using it, that and it kept rebooting and deleting all my browser pages I had open lol
    They tried to compete with iPhones and Samsungs when the Dtek60 was launched. Top of the notch hw and legendary BlackBerry security at a real attractive price, and they failed (poor marketing?). Now the strategy is different.
    What really bothers me about the Dtek60 is that it was abandoned (no upgrade to Nougat) although is more that capable of running it and there were not OS upgrades apart from monthly security patches. Now they choose a less powerful chipset that maybe will have a hard time trying to manage all Android O features for their new slab so you can expect only one or no upgrades (depending on Android's version used). If the strategy is security and battery time, BlackBerry 's devices have a very tiny target in the market.
    10-08-17 07:50 AM
    Then don't buy it. Nobody put a gun to your head saying "throw away your S8 and buy a Motion instead."
    Nice answer. Can't figure out what specs or performance this phone has, relative to the current top phones. It's difficult, I know, to maintain any objectivity, but thanks anyway
    10-08-17 07:52 AM
    Nice answer. Can't figure out what specs or performance this phone has, relative to the current top phones. It's difficult, I know, to maintain any objectivity, but thanks anyway
    Dude, you started off saying "why would I buy it?" If that's your attitude coming in, then what do you expect us to say? Enjoy your S8? If you like it, buy it. If S8 fits your needs, then keep your S8.
    10-08-17 07:54 AM
    ...have a more durable construction...
    I'll depend on the glue used XD
    big_time2 likes this.
    10-08-17 07:57 AM
    Here we go again lol. TCL does not make phone to compete with the big guns.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd, big_time2 and TCM01 like this.
    10-08-17 07:58 AM
    You beat me to it. To the OP, just don't buy it. If you want a high end spec phone, Motion isn't for you anyway. I hope you enjoy the Hub.
    anon(2313227), TCM01 and big_time2 like this.
    10-08-17 08:00 AM
    They tried to compete with iPhones and Samsungs when the Dtek60 was launched. Top of the notch hw and legendary BlackBerry security at a real attractive price, and they failed (poor marketing?). Now the strategy is different.
    What really bothers me about the Dtek60 is that it was abandoned (no upgrade to Nougat) although is more that capable of running it and there were not OS upgrades apart from monthly security patches. Now they choose a less powerful chipset that maybe will have a hard time trying to manage all Android O features for their new slab so you can expect only one or no upgrades (depending on Android's version used). If the strategy is security and battery time, BlackBerry 's devices have a very tiny target in the market.
    Surprised to hear that BlackBerry abandoned the DTEK60. That does not look good, many other brands are providing Nougat upgrades to their even older phones.

BlackBerry already have a very, very tiny market, world wide it reaches 0% according to news reports.
    10-08-17 08:26 AM
    You beat me to it. To the OP, just don't buy it. If you want a high end spec phone, Motion isn't for you anyway. I hope you enjoy the Hub.
    I guess I am trying to figure out why they even made this phone. Sad.
    10-09-17 11:33 PM
    I guess I am trying to figure out why they even made this phone. Sad.
    Cheaper, longer battery life, tougher build, front fingerprint sensor and trackpad.

If none of that appeals to you, then go with the S8 - it's a great device too.
    anon(2313227) and TCM01 like this.
    10-09-17 11:50 PM
    Battery life, battery life, battery life. I can't speak enough to this. If you want a phone that does everything a communication tool should do (not an entertainment device) and you want it to last and be secure... I think the Motion is an excellent option for such folks.

Me personally I need that physical keyboard so I'm not letting go of my KEYone... but the incredible battery life in this thing has been a revelation and I can understand why it would be such a desirable feature.
    dmlis, Jrox74 and TCM01 like this.
    10-10-17 12:07 AM
    The Motion will be cheaper, have a more durable construction, and will have a better battery life.

If these reasons aren't enough for you, then you are not the intended target for this device.
    Seriously, how CHEAPER Motion will be? S8 available in for 520 gbp - retail price @ Amazon. What the Motion price gonna be?400?

NO ONE EVER will buy this.
    10-10-17 05:33 AM
    Here we go again lol. TCL does not make phone to compete.

Posted via CB10
    There. fixed it.
    *based on pricing strategy
    10-10-17 05:34 AM
    Seriously, how CHEAPER Motion will be? S8 available in for 520 gbp - retail price @ Amazon. What the Motion price gonna be?400?

NO ONE EVER will buy this.
    S8 is around $650-700 unlocked in NA, and I suspect the Motion will be around $450.
    10-10-17 05:55 AM
    Why compare the S8 to the Motion in the first place given that one is a flagship device and the other one is not?
    ilovebbpassport10 and TCM01 like this.
    10-10-17 06:04 AM
    S8 is around $650-700 unlocked in NA, and I suspect the Motion will be around $450.
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Unlocked 64GB - US Version (Midnight Black)
    by Samsung
    $ 624 99

@ amazon
    10-10-17 07:08 AM
    Why compare the S8 to the Motion in the first place given that one is a flagship device and the other one is not?
    what you pay and what you get.
    10-10-17 07:08 AM
    what you pay and what you get.
    Look, I'm not sure what your objective is.

If the Motion isn't a unique and compelling package for you, then don't buy it. That's perfectly fine. There seem to be plenty of others who disagree, and they will make their own decision.
    TCM01 likes this.
    10-10-17 07:12 AM
    It will never happen.. BB Mobile will never crush anyone. BB is a niche phone.
    10-10-17 07:14 AM
    It not meant to compete against flagship phones. BB Mobile can't compete in that arena.
    10-10-17 07:17 AM
    Here we go again lol. TCL does not make phone to compete with the big guns.

Posted via CB10
    They can't compete with the big guns. It's not hard to figure this out. BB brand name is dead to 99% consumers.
    10-10-17 07:19 AM
163 123 ...