omg It comes in Pink

Attachment 444265
    Or "not pink"
    towngirl likes this.
    05-08-19 10:21 AM
    With the release of the Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL with their flagship-class cameras starting at about 400 bucks, BlackBerry Mobile really has no slab market (entry, mid-range, junior flagship, flagship) for the near future. I cannot see it competing with Motorola, Nokia, OnePlus or the big guns on the high end. For later this year or next, if it wants to survive, BlackBerry Mobile needs to offer current specs and top cameras for each market in which it wants to compete. For cameras, I suggest that TCL partners with Sony, which itself is fading in the device market.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    BBMo can't compete.... wishing they could offer a competitive phone is like banging you head against a wall. Volumes are too small, Cost for Licensing, Updates, Security are substantial.

There have been six phones release under this program... it very clear where the price points are and what they have to do (cut) to get to what they feel is a fair price.

If they can't make money... there is no point in doing something. Which is why that twice now promised 2nd SLAB has never appeared. Might also be why there is nothing else showing up as coming at this point. Other than a brief comment about later.
    towngirl and Avenzuno like this.
    05-08-19 10:29 AM
    my main issue is a broken screen , everything still works but as badly as it is broken I am not sure how much longer it will. too many times landing face down on concrete
    05-09-19 02:44 PM
    BBMo can't compete.... wishing they could offer a competitive phone is like banging you head against a wall. Volumes are too small, Cost for Licensing, Updates, Security are substantial.

There have been six phones release under this program... it very clear where the price points are and what they have to do (cut) to get to what they feel is a fair price.

If they can't make money... there is no point in doing something. Which is why that twice now promised 2nd SLAB has never appeared. Might also be why there is nothing else showing up as coming at this point. Other than a brief comment about later.
    What 2nd slab was promised?
    05-10-19 01:48 AM
    What 2nd slab was promised?
    The 1st year they announced three phones, KEYone, Motion and a 3rd Premium Slab... at MWC 2018 they eventually said they were delaying it until early this year. And that was the last we heard of it...

With the Motion being a more limited release, and getting cut from production early... it was clear they weren't going to do another slab.
    05-10-19 07:05 AM
    Too bad
    05-10-19 08:14 AM
    Too bad
    Well there is this new BBJ100.... same processor as the KEY2, so probable not a KEY3.

So there is still hope...
    05-10-19 09:19 AM
    Well there is this new BBJ100.... same processor as the KEY2, so probable not a KEY3.

So there is still hope...
    Processor is not confirmed.
    05-10-19 09:37 AM
    Processor is not confirmed.
    True... but then neither is the device itself confirmed. Still haven't seen a BBH or BBI hit the market.... and one of those was actually launched.

At this point the BBJ could be anything... or it could be nothing. I admit that it's most likely to end up being a SD675 (or something) for the next KEY device.

But if someone want to dream of a SLAB, a SLIDER, or even a Passport... why not let them? If timing follows past releases... this thing is a long way off.
    05-10-19 09:50 AM
    True... but then neither is the device itself confirmed. Still haven't seen a BBH or BBI hit the market.... and one of those was actually launched.

At this point the BBJ could be anything... or it could be nothing. I admit that it's most likely to end up being a SD675 (or something) for the next KEY device.

But if someone want to dream of a SLAB, a SLIDER, or even a Passport... why not let them? If timing follows past releases... this thing is a long way off.
    BBI100 is the Punkt.

BBH100 is the Evolve X.

But the BBJ100 is NOT an Optiemus device - it is indicated as a legit BBMo worldwide device.
    05-10-19 09:53 AM
    So BBJ100 it’s a slab or not or you don’t know? Or can’t say?

Darn trusted members. I know I should have joined when they were first looking for them, way back when.
    lol

Anyway, if it’s not Optiemus device. It can only be a keyboard phone (not slab) OR .. they signed up with someone new.
    05-10-19 09:58 AM
    So BBJ100 it’s a slab or not or you don’t know? Or can’t say?

Darn trusted members. I know I should have joined when they were first looking for them, way back when.
    lol

Anyway, if it’s not Optiemus device. It can only be a keyboard phone (not slab) OR .. they signed up with someone new.
    Neither the specs, form factor, nor even the device itself are confirmed.

But the fact that this information was JUST added to the repository makes the release fairly likely in my opinion.

I do, however, believe that BlackBerry Mobile is done with slabs.
    05-10-19 10:02 AM

But the fact that this information was JUST added to the repository makes the release fairly likely in my opinion.
    That's exciting. Seems like there are more phones coming. I was worried they were totally shutting down making phones.

nooooooo .. tooo bad. So I can totally give up on my dream phone.
    (Someone did contact that guy to make the phone that I wanted. If not BB it must be someone else)
    05-10-19 10:08 AM

It's the Aurora X or the Motion X codenamed Vaporphone and the release is timed with the Evolve X hitting carrier shelves.

That or it's PassPRIV which has Passport dimensions with the PRIV slider codenamed Torched if that matters.

Janitor was told it's time for spring cleaning behind the last row of BB10 servers and some empty boxes weren't empty but full of canceled Oslo devices. Twelve gross in quantity running Gingerbread, 2/16GB running 801 sold as limited edition with silver or black @ $999 USD while they last.
    05-10-19 10:13 AM
    nooooooo .. tooo bad. So I can totally give up on my dream phone.
    You never know. I wouldn't give up yet.
    05-10-19 10:48 AM
    You never know. I wouldn't give up yet.
    I'll keep hoping
    05-10-19 10:56 AM
    BBI100 is the Punkt.

BBH100 is the Evolve X.

But the BBJ100 is NOT an Optiemus device - it is indicated as a legit BBMo worldwide device.
    Didn't know that the "ADULA" was the Punkt... Hardware and Software showed up at the same time. Maybe this phone could be closer than expected.
    05-10-19 11:15 AM
    Didn't know that the "ADULA" was the Punkt... Hardware and Software showed up at the same time. Maybe this phone could be closer than expected.
    BBJ100 seems to be the "Monet".
    05-10-19 11:17 AM

If they "needed" to pump out one last device in order to meet the requirements of their licensing deal for 5 devices, a slab would probably be easiest.
    05-10-19 05:29 PM
    If they "needed" to pump out one last device in order to meet the requirements of their licensing deal for 5 devices, a slab would probably be easiest.
    I don't think they are under any obligation to produce devices.
    Last edited by conite; 05-10-19 at 06:09 PM.
    05-10-19 05:31 PM
    I don't think they are under an obligation to produce devices.
    I don't know that to be fact, just something I remember reading.
    05-10-19 05:32 PM
    Yes but someone on here said they can't make slabs.
    05-10-19 05:57 PM
    Then it must be true.....😋
    05-10-19 06:25 PM
    Then it must be true.....
    No, you just don't know who to believe
    05-10-19 06:40 PM
    Sure they can make slabs. They’re just the worst sellers and least competitive of all the forms that BBMo and the other licensees have produced.
    towngirl and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-10-19 08:37 PM
129 ... 23456