That's ok I can wait a little longer. If it doesn't happen when it comes time to upgrade we'll just go to another brand that offers something close. We can afford it and it'll be just another loss for BB.
    It’s not a loss if there’s not enough of us for it to be a gain first. That’s been the whole problem. Too few people will to pay the BBTax for a VKB as compared to PKB for now and probably forever. I purchased brand new BE KEYone for almost half the Motion link you posted. Laughably, BB had the right answer leaving hardware for OEMs to fight to literal corporate death...
    04-05-19 10:01 PM
    The Oxygen OS system on the OnePlus is fantastic and I have BlackBerry Hub, PW Manager, Calendar and Contacts on a super fast, secure device. OnePlus android updates are so much more likely than the ongoing delayed wait and wait I experienced for years with BlackBerry.

How is OxygenOS or OnePlus secure?
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-07-19 07:09 AM
    The new Blackberry phone may consider upgrade higher processor 2.2,GHZ,128 GB RAM and storage 128GB or above.
    Dtek 50 is suck ,poor processor can't perform.
    My 6 months old motion is well working.
    04-07-19 07:43 AM
    favourite thing about my motion is the front finger print readers, whether it works well or not the front is the most covenant placement. If I could change anything is, both cameras need upgrade, better screen and get rid of the bezels all around. Otherwise keep the durability up and if you could fit a better bigger battery (not that this one isn't great) is always a bonus.
    04-08-19 08:57 AM
    Same happened to me a few months ago ... I would very much have stayed with BlackBerry... But I didn't and tbh I'm so so glad I didn't.

I went to a OnePlus 6T with Android Pie it is so so lovely not to have the end of life drip feed on updates ... Sorry guys but that's how BlackBerry was for me on my phone's which included Z30, Passport, DTek60 and Motion ... The Motion breaking when I dropped it and the decision to not simply replace it with same from the insurance for the drop is great when I see this page.

The Oxygen OS system on the OnePlus is fantastic and I have BlackBerry Hub, PW Manager, Calendar and Contacts on a super fast, secure device. OnePlus android updates are so much more likely than the ongoing delayed wait and wait I experienced for years with BlackBerry.

I will never get BlackBerry entirely out of my system ... But please just have a look at what else is out there ...
    And don't forget the OnePlus OxygenOS has the wonderful Slate font option for the UI that harkens back to the same Slate system font of BlackBerry 10. So much more pleasing to the classic BlackBerry user's eye than that hideous Roboto!

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    04-09-19 07:36 AM
    favourite thing about my motion is the front finger print readers, whether it works well or not the front is the most covenant placement. If I could change anything is, both cameras need upgrade, better screen and get rid of the bezels all around. Otherwise keep the durability up and if you could fit a better bigger battery (not that this one isn't great) is always a bonus.
    Any one else not want smaller bezels? I already find that when holding my Motion certain ways, parts of my hand that is holding the phone will touch the screen, and then my inputs will be all over the place. Makes me feel like my hands are too fat. But they're not. ...I think.
    04-26-19 09:46 AM
    The camera.
    I can't stand not having BB but this is my last year unless the step up, on the camera... this year. I just took a pic of my dog on the Galaxy 9.. It is so nice. Not even the 9+ .. Just the 9. Can't stand it. Not waiting anymore. I will get the 10+.
    2019 is it.

Loyalty has run dry.

Can not stand it anymore
    04-30-19 04:20 PM
    I'm not. Not until BlackBerry comes out with another all touch device!
    towngirl likes this.
    04-30-19 07:15 PM
    I'm not. Not until BlackBerry comes out with another all touch device!
    At this point, I have a feeling it won't be happening. I was reading another thread that no new devices will be released in 2019. And 2020 will likely be a Key device. I would still get a Key2 device if the Silver was available through my carrier...
    05-06-19 02:47 PM
    At this point, I have a feeling it won't be happening. I was reading another thread that no new devices will be released in 2019. And 2020 will likely be a Key device. I would still get a Key2 device if the Silver was available through my carrier...
    At this point, I am worried about buying BlackBerry. I hope their ship is not sinking.

Despite the keyboard lovers - If they don't come out with an awesome one slab phone with good camera, I don't have much hope. And it would have to be really good and they would have to practical give it away to get people to use it. And build themselves up again. Then they can continue keyboard phone.

I just can't see how they keep marketing the wrong way.
    05-06-19 03:03 PM
    have to practical give it away to get people to use it. And build themselves up again.

I just can't see how they keep marketing the wrong way.
    Was never TCL plan or intention... nor will that change. It's not what they could do for the brand, but what could the brand delivery too them.

TCL was only going to do another SLAB if enterprise sales picked up and those customers wanted Android Secure in a Slab format. At this point... all TCL has is the whole of the PKB market, and that's probable not viable.
    towngirl likes this.
    05-06-19 03:48 PM
    OP, if camera give you grief, you might want to get Nokia 9 (with 5 cameras, best in the field so far). 700 USD a bit steep, but overall it is a good phone with emphasis on camera just your cup of tea (if you wait for a year, it might hurt a bit less in the pocket book). It might be an overkill unless you want to see your baby's eye lashes. IMHO ;-).
    05-06-19 04:26 PM
    I would probably get the Samsung s10+ or Huawei p30 Pro
    05-06-19 05:58 PM
    hopefully, the P30 got better IPx rating than P20 - CBC last night show that P20 water damaged (dead) after 40 sec in toilet and company refuse warrentee due to "water damage". Faulse security is worse than insecurity (not mention faulse ads as "water resistance" phone). Let us know how is your P30 perform in water ;-). "Go wild" as huawei ads.
    05-07-19 06:12 AM
    Never gotten a phone wet, but I guess ya never know.
    05-07-19 06:33 AM
    Internal storage is what is making me look around at other models.

Also, no fault of the device itself, lack of integration with my car (BMW).

The internal storage issue is because the device itself uses it for processing too! I have too many apps. I shouldn't have to delete apps to make space for the phone to function properly. People send me attachments/pictures and Messages does not display them properly. Not sure if its the phone or my carrier (TMO) but when I hard reset, they show up.

Integration with my car: No Android Auto in BMW. No fault of the phone but I would LOVE to use Waze on my big car screen versus through the phone.

My ideal Motion replacement would be another Motion with way more memory and for BMW to have Android Auto integration.

Best camera on a BlackBerry was the Priv (IMHO) and that was the only thing I liked on that phone. Any extended activity on that phone turned it into a flaming brick! I used the PKB ZERO TIMES while I owned it.
    05-07-19 08:53 AM
    Was never TCL plan or intention... nor will that change. It's not what they could do for the brand, but what could the brand delivery too them.

TCL was only going to do another SLAB if enterprise sales picked up and those customers wanted Android Secure in a Slab format. At this point... all TCL has is the whole of the PKB market, and that's probable not viable.
    Well, that's too bad.

Good luck on that
    05-07-19 09:02 AM
    I lost use of the keyboard on my PRIV with a simple coffee spill. Then went to a Dtek60 which I really liked, but needed to have battery replaced. During that time I found a new Motion on ebay for $450 and took a chance and found my favorite BlackBerry to date. Insane battery life and IP67 rated. Unless a future BlackBerry has an IP67 or similar rating, I can't see purchasing any in the future and I have only owned BlackBerry phones going back 20yrs. 🤞🏻
    Elky64 likes this.
    05-07-19 03:37 PM
    lUnless a future BlackBerry has an IP67 or similar rating, I can't see purchasing any in the future and I have only owned BlackBerry phones going back 20yrs.
    This is what I am saying... if they don't move forward, it's going South. Fast.

By the way, my Motion is almost a year. The battery level is going down
    But it's still pretty good
    Elky64 likes this.
    05-07-19 03:50 PM
    This is what I am saying... if they don't move forward, it's going South. Fast.

By the way, my Motion is almost a year. The battery level is going down
    But it's still pretty good
    My Motion is almost 18ish months old and can't say I've noticed a appreciable decrease in its battery life to-date. Have yet to find anything that even comes close for my use.

A smooth operator it is but likely my last BB (again) as the camera is so typical BB.
    05-07-19 06:29 PM
    I lost use of the keyboard on my PRIV with a simple coffee spill. Then went to a Dtek60 which I really liked, but needed to have battery replaced. During that time I found a new Motion on ebay for $450 and took a chance and found my favorite BlackBerry to date. Insane battery life and IP67 rated. Unless a future BlackBerry has an IP67 or similar rating, I can't see purchasing any in the future and I have only owned BlackBerry phones going back 20yrs. 🤞🏻
    Yup the Motion's battery is a real trooper alright. A smooth operator in general too from my standpoint considering its specs.

Personally, a device's IP ratings aren't something I've ever focused on when purchasing... I'm a bit on the anal side when it comes to protecting my devices so knock on wood our luck continues lol. Nope a BB with a smokin' camera is my wish list yet don't see that happening anytime soon, nor another BB slab for that matter.
    05-07-19 06:47 PM
    There’s various slabs that meet all the requirements that people want. Flagship camera, specs, ip ratings, etc

There’s no competitive VKB angle for BBMo to exploit and the competition wouldn’t let them anyway. BBMo and BB are businesses that are run as businesses. If they can’t do business profitably, they’ll just leave the business.
    05-07-19 07:33 PM
    I'm out. Lack of a newer touch device, when my Motion died made the decision for me. Went with a Huawei Mate 20 Pro. That being said, looking at installing Hub etc. Anyone have experience installing them on a Huawei?
    Last edited by KeNd0; 05-07-19 at 08:54 PM.
    towngirl likes this.
    05-07-19 07:49 PM
    With the release of the Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL with their flagship-class cameras starting at about 400 bucks, BlackBerry Mobile really has no slab market (entry, mid-range, junior flagship, flagship) for the near future. I cannot see it competing with Motorola, Nokia, OnePlus or the big guns on the high end. For later this year or next, if it wants to survive, BlackBerry Mobile needs to offer current specs and top cameras for each market in which it wants to compete. For cameras, I suggest that TCL partners with Sony, which itself is fading in the device market.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    05-07-19 11:57 PM
    omg It comes in Pink

Motion users - What is making you think of upgrading?-screenshot_20190508-065711-1-.jpg
    05-08-19 06:00 AM
129 12345 ...