Got my October 5 update today!

Blackberry Motion BBD100-2 on T-Mobile USA

Motion Update ABI087 on Motion BBD100-2 on T-Mobile-screenshot_20181105-103520.jpg
    11-05-18 10:40 AM
    Please tell me it didn't mess up wifi-calling..?
    11-05-18 10:45 AM
    No it didn't.
    11-05-18 11:32 AM
    Wifi Calling works fine after the update, and even the WiFi Calling settings are back in the settings menu.
    DanceHike likes this.
    11-05-18 11:33 AM
    No it didn't.
    Thanks guys!
    11-05-18 11:36 AM
    Received latest update today on Tmobile in the USA BBD100 - 2
    11-05-18 04:21 PM
    An issue with wifi-calling: if you set it for wifi-only, it no longer shuts down the cell (voice) reception.
    11-05-18 05:19 PM
    An issue with wifi-calling: if you set it for wifi-only, it no longer shuts down the cell (voice) reception.
    Why is that an issue? I would speculate that it's that way by design in the case that WiFi drops during a call & the cellular connection takes over keeping the call from dropping.
    11-05-18 05:45 PM
    Why is that an issue? I would speculate that it's that way by design in the case that WiFi drops during a call & the cellular connection takes over keeping the call from dropping.
    Because in the previous setup, cell service is cut out so the phone doesn't "hunt" for cell service. Otherwise wifi only and wifi preferred would be redundant. In the previous version, cell was cut off.
    11-05-18 05:55 PM
    Wait, the last update broke wifi calling for T Mobile USA. Are you saying this update restores wifi calling? Will be so happy to not have to use the third party app for wifi calling!
    11-05-18 07:11 PM
    Wait, the last update broke wifi calling for T Mobile USA. Are you saying this update restores wifi calling? Will be so happy to not have to use the third party app for wifi calling!
    Yes it works. I'm on T-Mobile USA & can confirm it works.
    11-05-18 07:23 PM
    Last update did not break WFC for T-mo, it just made the menu hard to find. It's been working on T-mo since I bought the phone on Android 7. However, this update did break the "Wifi-Only" choice. Now if you want to use WFC and not have it searching around for cell signal, you have to put it into Airplane Mode.

Also, FWIW, Digits still works in Airplane Mode.
    11-05-18 07:37 PM
    The last update definitely removed wifi calling as an option to me - until I installed a third party app called; with the third party app, the WFC functions only occasionally.
    11-05-18 07:52 PM
    The last update definitely removed wifi calling as an option to me - until I installed a third party app called; with the third party app, the WFC functions only occasionally.
    All you needed was "QuickShortcutMaker" which brought up a menu. Now, that menu is back under settings.
    11-05-18 08:33 PM
    thank you!
    11-05-18 08:51 PM
    Actually, I'm wondering if the cellular icon (showing cellular active) when set for "wifi-only" may simply be an error. Will venture out into the world today and find out. But perhaps this "GSM active" icon is simply to reassure the user that their WFC is working. On the Motion, at any rate, this would be redundant, as the T-Mo symbol also appears.
    11-06-18 03:14 AM
    Got my fingerprint sensor scrolling function back. Yay!!
    EDIT TO CLARIFY: I can once again pull down the notification bar with the fingerprint sensor.
    Last edited by zoomzoom71; 11-06-18 at 08:39 AM.
    11-06-18 06:53 AM
    How? The latest update took that away.
    11-06-18 08:33 AM
    How? The latest update took that away.
    The latest update brought back the fingerprint sensor function, the way it was originally intended. I can now pull down the notification bar at the top. With the prior update, that function was removed, supposedly because that update was meant for the KeyOne, not the Motion.
    11-06-18 08:38 AM
    EDIT TO CLARIFY: I can once again pull down the notification bar with the fingerprint sensor.
    Good edit you did there afterward. Swiping down on the home button / fingerprint sensor to drop down the notifications is much different than the "fingerprint sensor scrolling function" .
    I personally would rather have the true scrolling function back because it was fantastic to use for cursor placement when editing text & also to scroll long pages. Much more useful than swiping down on the sensor to drop the notification bar IMO because that could be done on any empty area of a home page display (using BlackBerry Launcher that is as I can't speak about other launchers because I've only used the factory default BlackBerry Launcher).
    11-06-18 08:55 AM
    DIdn't use a shortcut app, just as easy to just dial this number from phone app.
    *#*#46368676#*#*

All you needed was "QuickShortcutMaker" which brought up a menu. Now, that menu is back under settings.
    11-06-18 09:09 AM
    Good edit you did there afterward. Swiping down on the home button / fingerprint sensor to drop down the notifications is much different than the "fingerprint sensor scrolling function" .
    I personally would rather have the true scrolling function back because it was fantastic to use for cursor placement when editing text & also to scroll long pages. Much more useful than swiping down on the sensor to drop the notification bar IMO because that could be done on any empty area of a home page display (using BlackBerry Launcher that is as I can't speak about other launchers because I've only used the factory default BlackBerry Launcher).
    Yeah, I clearly got my word choice wrong on my original post. Sorry! LoL
    11-06-18 09:34 AM
    Overall Hub and Calendar Sync seem back to snuff. Smooth and fast. Was cranky on original Oreo, at least for me.
    11-06-18 09:36 AM
    DIdn't use a shortcut app, just as easy to just dial this number from phone app.
    *#*#46368676#*#*
    Where can I find a list of all of the dialing codes such as the one you mentioned?
    11-06-18 09:39 AM
    Actually, I'm wondering if the cellular icon (showing cellular active) when set for "wifi-only" may simply be an error. Will venture out into the world today and find out. But perhaps this "GSM active" icon is simply to reassure the user that their WFC is working. On the Motion, at any rate, this would be redundant, as the T-Mo symbol also appears.
    So... I was out in the real world and I was right... I was wrong. The WFC in wifi-only mode works as it should it just looks like it's not correct. Cool.
    11-06-18 02:13 PM
34 12