hello
    i recently had my motion screen fixed and the triangle and square buttons do not work.
    i toke the device back to the repair shop they said it is fine, the symbols don't even light up. the screen is glued on nice and tight
    i use to work for blackberry in the 2009 era so i know it is an issue
    anyone have advise on how to fix this? i don't want to spend another couple hundred to fix it again
    thanks friends
    10-05-20 05:44 PM
    hello
    i recently had my motion screen fixed and the triangle and square buttons do not work.
    i toke the device back to the repair shop they said it is fine, the symbols don't even light up. the screen is glued on nice and tight
    i use to work for blackberry in the 2009 era so i know it is an issue
    anyone have advise on how to fix this? i don't want to spend another couple hundred to fix it again
    thanks friends
    You worked for BlackBerry in 2009 and know the navigation keys on the 2017 Motion are an issue?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In any event, they connected the screen incorrectly, or it has a fault.
    10-05-20 08:30 PM
    You worked for BlackBerry in 2009 and know the navigation keys on the 2017 Motion are an issue?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I owned BlackBerry phones going back over 15+ years and I own a Motion too.

Based on that, I believe you’re correct.
    10-05-20 09:14 PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not the first time I hear of issues with those capacitive navigation keys on the Motion.

Add that to TCL's list of QC issues.
    10-05-20 09:37 PM
    It's not the first time I hear of issues with those capacitive navigation keys on the Motion.

They stopped working at the exact moment the screen was changed. Seems pretty obvious what happened.
    10-05-20 10:01 PM

Really? I hadn’t really seen any issues about the Motion anywhere other than battery issues. You sure you’re not thinking of DTEK before?
    10-05-20 10:04 PM
    They stopped working at the exact moment the screen was changed. Seems pretty obvious what happened.
    Still, it seems like a weak point on the Motion because like I said, not the first time I see issues with this. Not to mention all the issues with the fingerprint sensor.

Between that and the screen sensitivity issue of that member's TCL 10 phone, it seems that TCL just can't get their QC together, even with slabs. Can't believe they even teased a Foldable. I wouldn't let my wallet near the thing.

Probably should stick to TV's!
    pjh248 likes this.
    10-05-20 10:05 PM
    Really? I hadn’t really seen any issues about the Motion anywhere other than battery issues. You sure you’re not thinking of DTEK before?
    Yep, I'm sure I've seen a handful of posts regarding the Motion's fingerprint sensor.

And boy, is it even worse if it also has battery issues, as that's basically the one standout feature of that phone.
    10-05-20 10:10 PM
    Yep, I'm sure I've seen a handful of posts regarding the Motion's fingerprint sensor.

And boy, is it even worse if it also has battery issues, as that's basically the one standout feature of that phone.
    Yeah, I’ve seen those but it’s like 2 or three people, multiple threads, not wanting to factory reset. The battery issues weren’t like DTEK, however, I believe some people cycle their batteries through poor management. I know that I’ve learned here that I was guilty of that with BB10 hardware 5-6 years ago.

The Motion I’ve got seems alright but I don’t really get to use it since it’s hobby status for me. I really would’ve enjoyed it at introduction though if AT&T had offered it since it was huge improvement over PRIV and DTEK for optimization and battery.
    10-05-20 10:16 PM