Looking to upgrade from priv. It's getting slow and battery very poor. Looking for help from people that have had a motion or just went to samsung or another android. I can't lose the hub or keyboard or the great notification lights... Motion specs kind of have me thinking I'm not really upgrading other than great battery life. Just curious if going to another android and loading it up with blackberry manager will keep me happy with a bells and whistles samsung 8 or 9. Thanks for any input.
    02-28-18 01:16 PM
    Unless you think the security differences between Samsung and BlackBerry mean something.... going with Samsung would be the direction I'd go.
    02-28-18 01:37 PM
    Looking to upgrade from priv. It's getting slow and battery very poor. Looking for help from people that have had a motion or just went to samsung or another android. I can't lose the hub or keyboard or the great notification lights... Motion specs kind of have me thinking I'm not really upgrading other than great battery life. Just curious if going to another android and loading it up with blackberry manager will keep me happy with a bells and whistles samsung 8 or 9. Thanks for any input.
    If you want security and great battery life then get the Motion. If you want the flash in your pants glitz and glimmer then get a Samsung 9. I own a Motion and my Wife owns a S8. I tested both one weekend doing the same tasks. The S8 was faster but only noticeable when I played graphic heavy games. Emails, texts, calls, and other general phone stuff were the same. The Motion lasted me 8 hours of on screen time while the S8 made it to about 5 and half hours on screen time

Rock'n that Passport SE aka the KeyONE's fat sister
    02-28-18 02:56 PM
    listen I would honestly go with the Motion, it's a great phone really it is trust me
    02-28-18 05:42 PM
    The Motion has an octa core SOC at a slightly higher clock speed so you'll probably notice an improvement over the Priv by that metric. It's not the most scientific test and it's using a Keyone (which uses the same SOC as the Motion but has a smaller screen) but it should give you a rough idea,

Which Samsung are you looking at specifically? Do you also like the curved display of the Priv?
    02-28-18 07:14 PM