Just bought a new, in box, Motion from Amazon for $329.00 after $70.00 discount for getting an Amazon credit card.

Been using it about a week+. Lots to learn.

Speaker is clear and plenty loud, but miss the Z30 stereo.

Still using my Z30 on Verizon. Battery getting weaker, not sure how long it will hold up.

Motion on T Mobile prepaid plan for calls and texts only for $3.00 a month while I check out T Mobile coverage and service. Using WiFi and Z30 Hotspot for Motion Internet access.

If T Mobile service and coverage work well, we may switch from Verizon. About half price for us plus we move from 8 GB of shared data to unlimited everything. Maybe a slowdown if we exceed 50 GB.

Like the phone a lot. All features seem to work.

For me it is an acceptable Z30 successor given BB10 is dying out.

Still don't like Android, but the hardware and Hub + software do a pretty good job of carrying forward a BB experience.

Lots and lots of Internet sites pinging my phone and opening the browser without any action by me. Never happened on the Z30.

Tried Chrome, Edge, Firefox with Ghostery add on. Cut down but still happens to a much smaller degree.

Tried to block, disable as many apps and permissions as I could.

I am wondering if T Mobile is the culprit? Probably my ignorance of Android. Or maybe I'll stumble on a solution.
    08-11-18 11:41 AM
    Just bought a new, in box, Motion from Amazon for $329.00 after $70.00 discount for getting an Amazon credit card.

Been using it about a week+. Lots to learn.

Speaker is clear and plenty loud, but miss the Z30 stereo.

Still using my Z30 on Verizon. Battery getting weaker, not sure how long it will hold up.

Motion on T Mobile prepaid plan for calls and texts only for $3.00 a month while I check out T Mobile coverage and service. Using WiFi and Z30 Hotspot for Motion Internet access.

If T Mobile service and coverage work well, we may switch from Verizon. About half price for us plus we move from 8 GB of shared data to unlimited everything. Maybe a slowdown if we exceed 50 GB.

Like the phone a lot. All features seem to work.

For me it is an acceptable Z30 successor given BB10 is dying out.

Still don't like Android, but the hardware and Hub + software do a pretty good job of carrying forward a BB experience.

Lots and lots of Internet sites pinging my phone and opening the browser without any action by me. Never happened on the Z30.

Tried Chrome, Edge, Firefox with Ghostery add on. Cut down but still happens to a much smaller degree.

Tried to block, disable as many apps and permissions as I could.

I am wondering if T Mobile is the culprit? Probably my ignorance of Android. Or maybe I'll stumble on a solution.
    I’ve used BBOS to BB10 to BBAndroid since 03-04 range. At same time I’ve also dual carried Windows/Android/IOS hardware. If any browser on any mobile OS is popping open, you’ve downloaded something from somewhere that you shouldn’t have and I’d pretty much guarantee not from the Google Play Store. That or I’d bet something in your UI that you’re doing by accident from BB10 habits.... I’ve never really adjusted settings on my phones. I don’t worry about privacy issues with the NSA, CIA or FBI. They know where to find me if necessary.....
    08-11-18 12:40 PM
    thanks for your comment. I'm using a trial of Norton Mobile Security and DTEK. I don't see any options to scan manually for malware and the built in notifications are all green board. any suggestions for finding and deleting bad stuff. I agree with you about the government, but I don't like somebody else using my phone without my permission.
    08-11-18 12:48 PM
    thanks for your comment. I'm using a trial of Norton Mobile Security and DTEK. I don't see any options to scan manually for malware and the built in notifications are all green board. any suggestions for finding and deleting bad stuff. I agree with you about the government, but I don't like somebody else using my phone without my permission.
    Look for better tech answers from Conite, BB10Adopter, Dunt and others that have more IT backgrounds than me. I believe stuff like Norton to be part of the problem and not always the solution. I’ve always believed some of these programs create false alerts.... that’s just my personal opinion.
    08-11-18 03:48 PM
    OK. just got off a one hour plus Norton session and they solved the problem. I try to be careful, but some how I screwed up and let some bad app on with administrator permissions . love to blame somebody else but it's on me.
    08-11-18 04:04 PM
    OK. just got off a one hour plus Norton session and they solved the problem. I try to be careful, but some how I screwed up and let some bad app on with administrator permissions . love to blame somebody else but it's on me.
    Good luck... welcome to CB and remembering those names I referenced above.. really BBAndroid is very improved after it's almost three year debut. It’s what I and many others expected BB10 to be five years after the introduction of Android/IOS. Friendly word, don’t switch between Z30 and Motion. Put away the Z30 and give the Motion 30 days without comparison and you’ll be getting used to it with 30 days more and you’ll appreciate the whole ecosystem with it’s overall productivity improvements.
    08-11-18 04:23 PM
    thanks. but I'll stick with the Z30 til the battery dies. then there is the problem of sticking with Verizon and no blackberry (as things stand now) or switching to T Mobile and some blackberry. Coverage differences an issue? time will tell.
    08-11-18 04:46 PM
    thanks. but I'll stick with the Z30 til the battery dies. then there is the problem of sticking with Verizon and no blackberry (as things stand now) or switching to T Mobile and some blackberry. Coverage differences an issue? time will tell.
    Sorry... forgot the not so LITTLE detail of Verizon..
    08-11-18 06:17 PM
    disappointing to lots of us, but there it is.
    08-11-18 06:26 PM
    a little more time now with the Motion and T Mobile. like the phone hardware. call quality seems pretty good. speaker is plenty loud. miss the Z30 stereo speakers. miss the speaker phone. getting more used to Android. bb apps help. still learning about the carrier. customer service and account info on line a bit confusing and a bit odd. optimistic about the hardware. favorable to T Mobile slightly, need more time with them.
    08-16-18 10:01 AM
    Loved my Z30 but it was becoming a real chore to use. T-Mo's wifi-calling also was hit or miss. Motion, simply, works.
    08-17-18 07:50 AM
    I am in Southern California. connections seem as good as Verizon here. however, we travel , mostly on the West. how do you find T Mobile to be in the area you are familiar with? also, how is Motion call quality compared to the Z30 as far as you are concerned?
    08-17-18 09:17 AM
    VZ got a new CEO (german guy with MFG background), if enough voice from customer, BB might be re-surface (he is looking for 5G launch... handset partner building should be key)... IMHO.
    08-17-18 10:25 AM
    I am in Southern California. connections seem as good as Verizon here. however, we travel , mostly on the West. how do you find T Mobile to be in the area you are familiar with? also, how is Motion call quality compared to the Z30 as far as you are concerned?
    You should have zero issues in SoCal and western region areas. I was a 15 year AT&T consumer and in mid 2015 I took up T-Mobile on a free 30 day Sim. I left one in my Classic and one in my Z30. I live in Northern California. I traveled to Vegas, Dallas and Indiana and my signal strength then was equal in almost every usage scenario. Today T-Mobile is even better. We are on the Unlimited One plan with 4 lines, that include mobile Hotspot and free Netflix. Our bill for 4 lines is what my wife and I paid for 2 lines on AT&T for 5GB unlimited, but really limited and no mobile Hotspot or Netflix. If you switch and don't like it you can always switch back no charge.
    08-17-18 11:36 AM
    I want to use the Z30 until it finally dies or it won't work on Verizon anymore. So I'm stuck with Verizon. In the meantime, I'm learning more about Android for the too-soon-to-come day when BB10 will no longer work. Apple makes great stuff, but it's expensive and you have to g all in on the Apple way.

Thanks for your lengthy and detailed reply. Very helpful for us.
    08-17-18 01:29 PM