It's finally here! Sign up for Disney+ now
    Im growing on the motions design and look especially after the video. Was wondering if BlackBerryMobile might release a Motion Plus or XL. Seems to be what most OEM's are doing these days, be nice to see a line up to work on like "Keyone, Motion, and Motion Plus" . The motion plus could have a better soc, dual cameras, more ram, or wireless charging to mold a key difference between the motion and plus version. Therefore catering to the mid teir, high end, and keyboard market.

I'm currently using an s8 plus and have been debating the keyone or note 8 up until the motion was announced, if they released a plus version of this phone I would switch instantly l. Here's to hoping.
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 10-14-17 at 04:13 AM.
    10-14-17 03:59 AM
    I think BlackBerry Mobile would price themselves completely out of the market with a super-high spec device. They already have to deal with a low-volume premium - which is significant.
    IndianTiwari and TCM01 like this.
    10-14-17 09:53 AM
    I think BlackBerry Mobile would price themselves completely out of the market with a super-high spec device. They already have to deal with a low-volume premium - which is significant.
    They would definitely have to price it a lot lower then ape, Samsung and google.

I guess this would also depend on how much demand the motion itself has.
    10-14-17 11:23 AM
    They would definitely have to price it a lot lower then ape, Samsung and google.

I guess this would also depend on how much demand the motion itself has.
    Which is impossible of course, since TCL's costs would be 25-33% higher to start with. Which proves my point.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    10-14-17 11:24 AM
    Which is impossible of course, since TCL's costs would be 25-33% higher to start with. Which proves my point.
    Nothings impossible, it's very unlikely but one could wish. In a market where every oem, weather American, Chinese etc all happen to be moving in that same direction its just something that would make sense.

Anyway I wasn't stating that to argue with anyone, it was just a thought especially as a BlackBerry user and fan for 10+ years who'd love to support them, there current lineup doesn't cater to (my needs) the plus size market which is huge and growing.
    10-14-17 11:34 AM
    if they were releasing an XL version soon you would have seen/heard about it by now. They would probably annonce together as well similar to the 50/60
    10-14-17 11:36 AM
    Nothings impossible, it's very unlikely but one could wish. In a market where every own weather American, Chinese etc are all moving in that same direction its just something that would make sense.

Anyway I wasn't stating that to argue with anyone, it was just a thought especially as a BlackBerry user and fan for 10+ years who'd love to support them, there current lineup doesn't cater to (my needs) the plus size market which is huge and growing.
    I'm not arguing either. I'm just stating that it is highly unlikely.

With the build quality they are achieving and their general intentions for the brand, they just won't create another cheap Chinese knock-off. Plenty of others around doing that.
    10-14-17 11:37 AM
    if they were releasing an XL version soon you would have seen/heard about it by now. They would probably annonce together as well similar to the 50/60
    This is true I've learned most these logical are highly unlikely with the BlackBerry of new. It was high hopes though definitely would have fathered that then a note 8. I gotta s8 for the screen size but I hate samsungs skin. Currently using the BlackBerry laughing etc but it's not enough lol
    10-14-17 11:44 AM
    I'm not arguing either. I'm just stating that it is highly unlikely.

With the build quality they are achieving and their general intentions for the brand, they just won't create another cheap Chinese knock-off. Plenty of others around doing that.
    It wouldn't really be a Chinese knock off lol, but I do understand what you're trying to say.
    10-14-17 11:45 AM
    The viable space for BlackBerry Mobile handsets from my perspective is what I would describe as the firm mid-tier, with some potential for an additional entry-level device. In other words, reliable, business-focused competitors to Motorola and Nokia that might have additional consumer appeal through interesting design features. Any attempt to join the specification wars with OnePlus, Huawei et al. won't end well - there is an abundance of these devices already, and the price tag of the Priv was one of its key pitfalls.

I know that "Plus" models offer more choice and often better specifications, but these also make for a complex line-up of devices. Taking the "Plus" offerings as devices in their own right, Apple now has eight iPhones on sale simultaneously. In BlackBerry Mobile's case, I'd prefer them to focus on three or four solid devices at any given time, rather than an excessive portfolio.
    10-14-17 01:47 PM
    The viable space for BlackBerry Mobile handsets from my perspective is what I would describe as the firm mid-tier, with some potential for an additional entry-level device. In other words, reliable, business-focused competitors to Motorola and Nokia that might have additional consumer appeal through interesting design features. Any attempt to join the specification wars with OnePlus, Huawei et al. won't end well - there is an abundance of these devices already, and the price tag of the Priv was one of its key pitfalls.

I know that "Plus" models offer more choice and often better specifications, but these also make for a complex line-up of devices. Taking the "Plus" offerings as devices in their own right, Apple now has eight iPhones on sale simultaneously. In BlackBerry Mobile's case, I'd prefer them to focus on three or four solid devices at any given time, rather than an excessive portfolio.
    I agree with you I wouldn't want them to join the special race that's a battle they can't win. I'd be happy with the same specs with a larger screen even. I know it won't happen but it would be a nice option.

Right now they have the Dtek50/60, priv, keyone and Motion. I don't believe the Dtek or priv devices will be seeing anymore updates, but I know they need to build more demand before offering anything in a plus version. I'll still be here waiting if they finally decide to.
    10-14-17 10:15 PM
    How is that Nokia a new company with no economies of scale of Apple or Samsung are being able to price their devices so competitively?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 01:24 AM
    How is that Nokia a new company with no economies of scale of Apple or Samsung are being able to price their devices so competitively?

Posted via CB10
    It could be there price is a little lower because BlackBerrymobile pays BlackBerry for the software an name. Not sure how much uxh though..being that the is a Chinese company some would think they would price there devices at the same low cost as other OEM's, but there's clear some type of red tape we may or may not know about in the way of doing that.

Some of those companies may even be wholesaling there devices around or below cost, possibly taking a loss which I feel bbmobile won't do.
    10-15-17 04:26 AM
    I would rather see them go the other way- 5.2 inch. I want some thing that fits good in the hand as well as the pocket. A kick *** spec 5.2 and I'm the first in line.
    10-15-17 08:27 AM
    I would rather see them go the other way- 5.2 inch. I want some thing that fits good in the hand as well as the pocket. A kick *** spec 5.2 and I'm the first in line.
    I think it would have been nice if the motion was a little smaller then they release a bigger version. I didn't realize how big it was till I seen your post and google it, it's not as far off from my s8 plus as I originally thought.
    10-15-17 05:42 PM
    There will be no xl or plus.

No chance with such small sales.
    10-15-17 07:57 PM
    Black Edition variant. How does this sound...The BlackBerry Motion Quicksilver Edition. 😉
    10-27-17 08:36 PM