Last edited by double_fault; 05-12-18 at 05:58 AM.
    05-10-18 06:47 PM
    Well, the title of this video pretty much sums up how most of the market feels about the Motion.

It's not even great at being a slab. IP67 in an IP68 era, 2014 bezels in 2017 etc... If it's for their enterprise portfolio that they must have a slab, I get it. And I think they were smart at giving that phone minimal attention, and focusing on their PKB projects. Obviously that results in the few consumers actualy interested take a hit, by lack of availability of the units themselves and in consequence, spare parts also.
    It would be my current Z10 replacement if it was much smaller.
    05-10-18 07:16 PM
    Just bought one from Amazon in the US. Finally making the jump from BB10 to BBAndroid... mixed emotions here. But, the phone is still available.
    Congrats! Hope you enjoy the experience.
    05-10-18 10:01 PM
    Well, the title of this video pretty much sums up how most of the market feels about the Motion.

Not sure what says more, the title or... that face.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-11-18 05:59 AM
    Well, the title of this video pretty much sums up how most of the market feels about the Motion....
    If one gets beyond the title of the video and the way he tries to make a mockery and joke of things (his attitude changes and he starts to get a bit more serious about the review as the video proceeds), one can also realize he actually thinks it's a decent phone, and a much cheaper option to the razor comparison he makes. Sure his main summary is that he thinks no one asked for the phone. Doesn't bother me that no one asked for it. I'd still buy it if it was smaller and timing was right for me, in preference to some of the other phone offerings.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    05-11-18 04:47 PM
    It would be my current Z10 replacement if it was much smaller.
    If only! I'm afraid we now live in the 2010s equivalent of the 1970s "boom box" era for phones, where bigger is better. I don't want to spend more than 3-5% of my day looking at my phone, and I don't want it to fill up a pants pocket or fall out of my shirt pocket. But, alas, the rest of the world disagrees, it seems.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-11-18 06:03 PM
    Amazon restocked. got one!
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-16-18 04:37 PM
    staples still has Dtek 50 and 60 on sale in Canada. no Motion.

the Dtek60 is also listed at a higher price then the motion on Amazon and Staples. .don't understand that
    05-21-18 12:14 AM
    staples still has Dtek 50 and 60 on sale in Canada. no Motion.

the Dtek60 is also listed at a higher price then the motion on Amazon and Staples. .don't understand that
    Was just browsing Staples site in regards to mobile phones last night. Prices for some phones like the LG G6 and V30+ are completely wacked so not a suprise hearing the Dtek 50/60 still carry a hefty price tags with them. The 50 is still priced similar to what I seen it over a year ago w/Staples.

From my perspective, some older mobiles seem to age like fine wine with prices holding steady, or actually increasing to rediculous levels. Amazon is a good example of the latter. Carriers rarely drop their outright purchase prices either.

IMHO, if you want a good deal Canada ain't a good place to look for it.
    05-21-18 09:58 AM
    I'm going to the states. any good deals there?
    05-21-18 07:39 PM
    I ended up cancelling my Staples order. After 2 weeks of waiting, there wasn't even a Pending order on my Visa account, which said to me... it's not coming anytime soon.

I ended up snagging one on Amazon.ca when a supplier eventually showed up.

If you are serious about getting one, maybe you'd better make the move while they are still available !

Posted via CB10
    05-22-18 07:30 PM
    obviously this phone bombed big league. Don't get me wrong love the device with the awesome battery life. but for most people they just don't know anymore about BlackBerry. and if they do, It'll be the KEYone. I honestly don't know why TCL hasn't done the same as HMD Global did with Nokia, which is quite a success in Europe
    05-23-18 03:12 PM
    Just bought one from eglobal. 349 euros. cut price.
    I think they show have a VKB in their range, but if it's just one it should be higher spec. Better camera, 64gb, ip68 and smaller bezels... not big upgrades and ones that avoid dealbreakers for some.
    06-09-18 01:08 AM
    However in the US, at any rate, it's pushed right alongside the Key2. Before it wasn't even on the site.
    06-09-18 07:42 AM
    Oh my, what am I going to do with these 2014 bezels and this lowly IP67 rating?

I was happy about my Motion until some high school students started making fun of me for having 2014 bezels in 2018. I was dumbfounded, befuddled, and flabbergasted at the halleyballoo and said to the teens, "oh fiddlesticks, my bezels are old."

Now I'm depressed, on medication, and seeking counselling.

Disclaimer Note: albeit I am joking in this post, I have mental health problems that I take very seriously and in NO WAY take medication, counselling, and mental health problems lightly. I do not intend to offend anybody who suffers from similar things I suffer from. I've taken many steps on my path to some resemblance of a recovery and wish anybody else on a similar path nothing but love, encouragement, and supportive vibes. With that said, laughing and a sense of humour are indeed great medicines.
    Last edited by Spunton_Duddley; 06-27-18 at 07:23 PM.
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    06-12-18 02:10 PM
    Honestly, who forms their opinions off of YouTube creators? Oh, wait, sorry. Lot's of folks apparently.
    06-12-18 02:16 PM
    Just bought one from Amazon in the US. Finally making the jump from BB10 to BBAndroid... mixed emotions here. But, the phone is still available.
    You will love the Motion. It is a quick, reliable and very easy to learn switch!
    06-12-18 06:50 PM
    Oh my, what am I going to do with these 2014 bezels and this lowly IP67 rating?

I was happy about my Motion until some high school students started making fun of me for having 2014 bezels in 2018. I was dumbfounded, befuddled, and flabbergasted at the halleyballoo and said to the teens, "oh fiddlesticks, my bezels are old."

Now I'm depressed, on medication, and seeking counselling.

This was hilarious...once I realized you were joking. Haha.
    06-26-18 05:48 PM
    This was hilarious...once I realized you were joking. Haha.
    lol!
    06-26-18 06:02 PM
44 12