Hi, i'm using motion since 2017 and its been so long I get any patch for my mobile, as for the security matters what do you think is it ok to use the phone without any update?
    the phone still didn't have any issues though and I'm also not a very big fan of random third party apps! Just use call and msgs on my phone.
    The verison of my mobile is 8.1.0 (ACF202) BBD-100-6
    1: Is there any upgrade after that ?
    2r possible to do manually?
    3: Safe to use in 2021 ?
    The motion OS is so outdated are you still using ?-motion.jpg
    01-09-21 10:57 AM
    Hi, i'm using motion since 2017 and its been so long I get any patch for my mobile, as for the security matters what do you think is it ok to use the phone without any update?
    the phone still didn't have any issues though and I'm also not a very big fan of random third party apps! Just use call and msgs on my phone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motion.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	450270
    My rule of thumb is to ditch an Android device 3 months after its last patch.

You have the latest update.

For Android, stick to Google, Nokia, or Samsung for 3+ years of patches.
    01-09-21 11:03 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motion.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	450270
    After the last update I got all kinds of issues. It’ll be a year next week since I ditched my Motion. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! BlackBerry has NO respect for us. None. All that loyalty we’ve given them and THiS is what we get?! No phone out there will give you the security we crave so might as well go for the best of the rest depending on your individual preferences. **** BLACKBERRY!!!!
    01-09-21 11:29 PM
    After the last update I got all kinds of issues. It’ll be a year next week since I ditched my Motion. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! BlackBerry has NO respect for us. None. All that loyalty we’ve given them and THiS is what we get?! No phone out there will give you the security we crave so might as well go for the best of the rest depending on your individual preferences. **** BLACKBERRY!!!!
    What is the deal about respect?

I remind you that BlackBerry had nothing to do with the Motion, apart from being a software vendor to TCL. This was a TCL device.

The Motion got 24 months of updates and one letter upgrade - exactly as promised.

The final update was a simple security patch and made zero changes to the OS. There were no issues.

Had you tried a factory reset or a wipe autoloader prior to ditching it?
    01-09-21 11:33 PM
    I am still using my Motion daily with no problems. I only use it for emails, web searches and Wi-Fi. I have deleted all my apps with any access to sensitive information because if the security risks of the old unmatched OS. But l like the big screen for viewing videos and order the VPB which works well for me. My primary phone is a Key2le which I like although a pkb is not my favorite input option. However it has had some security patches. I'm typing this on my Motion.
    01-10-21 01:37 PM
    I am still using my Motion daily with no problems. I only use it for emails, web searches and Wi-Fi. I have deleted all my apps with any access to sensitive information because if the security risks of the old unmatched OS. But l like the big screen for viewing videos and order the VPB which works well for me. My primary phone is a Key2le which I like although a pkb is not my favorite input option. However it has had some security patches. I'm typing this on my Motion.
    Edit: "order the VPB" = "prefer the vkb." Poor editing/proofreading by me with help from "auto correct". ha!
    01-10-21 01:40 PM
    Edit: "order the VPB" = "prefer the vkb." Poor editing/proofreading by me with help from "auto correct". ha!
    You know you can edit your actual post instead of having to post an addendum, right?
    01-10-21 01:42 PM
    No I did not. Even after I posted it? That's when I noticed my mistakes. Thanks. No need to reply, I just posted and edited twice.
    01-10-21 01:57 PM
    No I did not. Even after I posted it? That's when I noticed my mistakes. Thanks. No need to reply, I just posted and edited twice.
    You can also delete posts entirely. Just an FYI but you have probably noticed as well....
    01-10-21 02:18 PM
    You can also delete posts entirely. Just an FYI but you have probably noticed as well....
    Thank you. I don't post much here as I have much to learn from those knowledgeable posters on CB and not very much to contribute.

(Tongue in cheek comment: maybe you are really suggesting I use the delete option on my posts more often? Food for thought)
    01-10-21 05:19 PM
    Thank you. I don't post much here as I have much to learn from those knowledgeable posters on CB and not very much to contribute.

(Tongue in cheek comment: maybe you are really suggesting I use the delete option on my posts more often? Food for thought)
    You read between the lines, LOL, no seriously, I remember the aha moments of figuring things out around here and wishing someone else mentioned some things instead of being shy about asking myself. Compared to me, everyone is smarter, quicker and understanding when it comes to all technology stuff.

This place for me, is learning some basic technology usable and helping me be knowledgeable enough so the salespeople at my carrier and tech resellers don’t take advantage of me. :-D

Post early and post often, you’ll see me type on the welcome to CB message, is serious. The only stupid question is the one I forget to ask, then $200-$500 later, I’ll usually find the answer here already or someone will help me.
    01-10-21 06:40 PM
    I still use my Motion. No issues, although Android is still worse than BB10 at multitasking: 8 cores, 4GB of ram and it still can't cache more than two web pages...?

BlackBerry was right about software being the key to future advances in computing. I probably won't buy another phone until my Motion breaks or gets too outdated to make calls.

As for a newer OS, I found myself thinking the other day that using gestures on an Android phone might feel like cheating on BB10...hehe

One interesting thing did happen to me one night, though. I had to reboot my Motion and somehow got dropped into a "development mode" similar to what people use to root their devices. It was definitely a custom terminal so I'm sure it wouldn't allow rooting, but... if someone were determined enough, perhaps there's a way to load stock Android...
    01-21-21 02:06 AM
    I still use my Motion. No issues, although Android is still worse than BB10 at multitasking: 8 cores, 4GB of ram and it still can't cache more than two web pages...?

BlackBerry was right about software being the key to future advances in computing. I probably won't buy another phone until my Motion breaks or gets too outdated to make calls.

As for a newer OS, I found myself thinking the other day that using gestures on an Android phone might feel like cheating on BB10...hehe

One interesting thing did happen to me one night, though. I had to reboot my Motion and somehow got dropped into a "development mode" similar to what people use to root their devices. It was definitely a custom terminal so I'm sure it wouldn't allow rooting, but... if someone were determined enough, perhaps there's a way to load stock Android...
    Using gestures on BB10 was like cheating on PalmOS.... after a while you get over it. Now I'm using gestures on iOS.....

Sounds like you just accessed the Bootloader menu - usually power and volume down. Nothing there that will allow you to install any other version of Android. But it is useful for clearing your devices Cache..... or factory reset.

I don't understand you know its outdated and performance is an issue... but you won't upgrade? To each their own...
    01-21-21 08:19 AM
    No issues, although Android is still worse than BB10 at multitasking: 8 cores, 4GB of ram and it still can't cache more than two web pages...?
    No problem with more than 2 web pages in Firefox on my Motion.
    01-26-21 04:33 PM
    I run Cylance on my Motion for protection. All the apps continue to update outside of the kernal. I will wait till the new ones come out.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-21 05:15 PM