the Most thing i missed, is the former function of the fingerprint Sensor, i am dissappointed from this update, what is realen better?
    08-27-18 12:08 PM
    fingerprint Sensor as trackpad is senseless, i wann the former function back, light touch to go backwards was Very good for using by ohne Hand
    08-27-18 12:15 PM
    Oreo upgrade overall is very smooth and stable. These are my key observations after 2 days:

- Device overall seems faster, UI and apps more fluid. Many small useful UI tweaks.
    - Power management and battery life were already good but have improved even more. The new Power Center is very useful, especially to manage background apps.
    - WiFi connectivity issues have been resolved, WiFi and WFC very stable now.
    - Camera picture quality seems a bit improved.
    - Fingerprint sensor no longer works to pull down notifications, but as (slow) trackpad. Not sure whether this is by design or a bug.
    - WiFi calling settings are no longer in main settings menu or phone settings; only accessible through notification on home screen. Seems to be a bug, Key2 has the same problem. When active though, WiFi calling works very well and stable.

BlackBerry Motion BBD100-2 on T-Mobile
    Update about Ford Sync3 Connectivity after Oreo Upgrade:
    - Android Auto no longer working, starts into black screen
    - Contact Sync over Bluetooth no longer working. However, mobile apps and message sync works.
    Ford Sync3 3.0 on 2017 Ford Explorer Sport / Motion BBD100-2 8.1.0 T-Mobile
    08-27-18 12:24 PM
    I had to factory reset my Motion after the Oreo update (another post - constant reboots). Have spent last couple of days, and today, still getting settings back to what I had. Google's backup leaves a lot to be desired.

One good thing I noticed...Mobile HotSpot seems to work now on AT&T! I could not turn it on previously with 7.1. I know it was an AT&T issue (they blocked the Motion). So, AT&T may have started allowing the Motion to use HotSpot before this update, but just noticed today. Happy to have it back.
    Actually the June 7.1 update fixed it, making it look like a firmware issue with AT&T prior to that. I don't think they blocked the Motion so much as the firmware wasn't querying the AT&T auth server properly. And you could bypass the whole mess by removing the SIM, rebooting, and then some contorted way of enabling tethering, and popping the SIM back in, which would not have worked if the device were blacklisted somehow.
    Last edited by TI_Master; 08-27-18 at 01:24 PM.
    branflakes likes this.
    08-27-18 01:05 PM
    How did you go back to 7? With all the annoyances with Oreo, I'm constantly losing data connection. Hard reboot (32 seconds) works a short time as does turning Airplane Mode on and off. Just spent an hour with T-Mobile resetting network, still mucked up.

No problems with mine since.

Back on 7, it seemed like my battery was being especially drained by my 5G wifi at home. I noticed a distinct difference when at work (which I would guess is a 2.4G). At work if I barely used the phone I might drop a couple % of battery during a 8-9 hour day.

Since Oreo, it seems like this has somewhat been addressed. I'm not losing as much battery with the phone just being idle on the home network.

I also think battery life is much better overall. I don't use the device as much during the day as some of you, but after the update it started to show me a 5+ days of battery life which if I recall is maybe close to 2x what I was getting on 7.

Love the rotating lock screen backgrounds too.
    08-27-18 02:28 PM
    Have had Oreo since last week, have rebooted a few times, so it has had time to "settle".

In terms of other observations:
    - I've noted the broken "Locker" app in a separate thread..
    - The new "night mode" is annoying and I've had to shut it off completely: instead of just applying the amber color tint, in Oreo, it also shuts the brightness down to minimum.. This basically makes the device unusable except in the dark.. Night mode should kick in at whatever time you want in the evening, changing the color tint, but not affecting screen brightness whatsoever..
    -I run Netguard as a firewall, and under Android 7, whatever changes BB made to the network stack would cause Netguard to silently crap out at random intervals (Not the fault of Netguard; I also use it on a Galaxy S7 running Nougat and it is flawless). It seems to be working fine in Android 8, except that they added a new VPN feature to not allow network unless VPN is up. If this box is checked, everything works fine until the device changes connectivity (eg wifi to cellular), at which time the network goes down and won't come back up unless you turn this feature off..
    -There seems to be some "garbage collection" or other background process that happens once in a while, especially if you've been doing something memory intensive (eg, many apps open or a game, etc), and it will almost lock up the device and makes it unresponsive to touches or button presses before recovering over a minute later.. I haven't figured out exactly what triggers this, but it's already happened twice since I received the update..
    -Battery on standby/sleep is better than Nougat: I used to lose 5% or so just sitting for a few hours, BUT, active use seems to drain the battery a bit more quickly.. I watched an Amazon video this weekend and ended up at 67% battery after a 1:45 movie; in Nougat, it typically ended up at around 75%..
    08-27-18 02:33 PM
    Overall, I would say that the Android O has slowed down the response time a bit on my Motion. Not much, but a little. for that reason alone I'm not a big fan of it. Seems to be fairly solid as far as it working.
    08-27-18 02:46 PM
    Motion on Oreo has serious issues with connectivity with Ford Sync3.

Android Auto goes into black screen and Bluetooth contact sync does not work. Reported the issues to BlackBerry Mobile today, they say they are aware of the issues and working on a fix. See there response below.

Mr. xxxxxxxxxxx,

Your case number ALC-xxxxxx
    Subject - Bluetooth

Thank you for choosing Blackberry, i have received an update regarding bluetooth software issues. Android auto is one of the issue that has been reported and we are currently working on a solution. In reference to bluetooth contacts sync, it is also related to the update problem and has also been reported, at this time we do not have further troubleshooting steps. We will keep you updated upon receiving further info to fix your current issues.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for your attention,

xxxx xxxxxa
    BlackBerry® Mobile Care
    08-27-18 04:01 PM
    Those on TMO, can you check something for me? Every time I attempt to listen to a voicemail (press on Play button), the app closes. Anyone else?
    Same problem here.
    08-27-18 04:12 PM
    After several days of use my Motion appears to be functioning same prior to Oreo. Always been pretty smooth w/o any hiccups (to speak of) so IMO that's a good thing.

Did have what seemed like unexpected reboots while in my hand at the start then figured it out, was the dang TPU case that's designed poorly. Have several where they (not same manufacturers) negated to provide enough of a recess for vol/pwr/convenience keys so with case(s) on keys become overly sensitive. Yes began using case around same time of update lol.
    On most of my phones with TPU cases, I cut out the plastic over the buttons.
    BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>
    soon Motion
    Elky64 likes this.
    08-27-18 05:20 PM
    On most of my phones with TPU cases, I cut out the plastic over the buttons.
    BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>
    soon Motion
    A definite option alright but being a mechanic prefer to leave intact to minimize grease, oils and other debris from intruding. Own / owned many TPU cases having never experienced a similar issue, Motion TPU's were the first - Avidet and CoverON got it right whilst many others missed their mark.
    08-27-18 07:25 PM
    Ever since I "upgraded" to Oreo, Google Play Music isn't working right. While playing a song, if I press the advance track arrow, it pauses the song. The previous track arrow (to the left) works fine. Also, shuffle music doesn't seem to work, either. Strange stuff, although I've never been impressed with this built-in app anyway.
    08-28-18 05:56 PM
    Anyone else facing issues with the Notification Light? After I did a factory reset, to fix Android Auto and some other weirdness, I have found that the notification light does not flash the colour I have set it to for my email accounts. I have modified the colours in hub, but no dice.
    08-29-18 09:52 AM
    Same problem here.
    A factory reset resolved that issue on my device. It also resolved the issues with Android Auto and Bluetooth Contact Sync. However, Visual Voicemail is still not integrated into the hub.

BBD100-2 | Android 8.1.0 | T-Mobile | Ford Sync3 3.0
    08-29-18 09:59 AM
    Before Oreo hardware diagnosis in support center was more general. I think it ran a few broad diagnostic checks . Now it can check each item specifically.
    Was it even called support center....?
    08-29-18 10:47 AM
    Those on TMO, can you check something for me? Every time I attempt to listen to a voicemail (press on Play button), the app closes. Anyone else?
    Same here
    08-29-18 01:50 PM
    Still think the update has major bugs. Since Oreo 8.1.0, I constantly lose connection for DATA.
    So far I have done a factory reset, worked for a few hours. As per suggestion from @bbmobile I have uninstalled the Carrier Services update. Working now, but will it last?
    08-29-18 03:08 PM
    There was a Carrier Services update yesterday via Play. I'm guessing this is from TMO? Didn't fix anything. Still have the app shutdown when clicking on voicemails. The only way I can access voicemails is to dial in and listen.
    08-29-18 07:03 PM
    fingerprint Sensor as trackpad is senseless, i wann the former function back, light touch to go backwards was Very good for using by ohne Hand
    I agree completely.
    08-29-18 07:03 PM
    Got the Carrier Update, still lose Data now and then.
    Also still working with @bbmobile we will see.

There was a Carrier Services update yesterday via Play. I'm guessing this is from TMO? Didn't fix anything. Still have the app shutdown when clicking on voicemails. The only way I can access voicemails is to dial in and listen.
    08-30-18 06:02 AM
    After updating to Oreo, my altec lansing bluetooth speaker won't automatically pair when I turn it on. It pairs without issue when I manually got to settings and select it. My wireless earbuds connect without issue as does my cheap usb bluetooth receiver adapter I use in my truck. I've done multiple restarts as well as the 30+ sec reboot
    09-03-18 03:40 PM
    wow so many issues here! My Motion is running better than ever!!!
    Elky64 likes this.
    09-03-18 04:50 PM
    Phhhbbbttt nuttin' but probs
    09-03-18 05:39 PM
    haven't updated yet. think I might wait
    09-03-18 09:00 PM
    wow so many issues here! My Motion is running better than ever!!!
    Thought I was having problems in the beginning but turned out to be the case I was using. Once that was rectified this past week has been buttery smooth. Suppose it depends on what phone features one uses as some of those I've seen complaints on aren't the ones I use.
    09-03-18 09:05 PM
130 12345 ...