Those on TMO, can you check something for me? Every time I attempt to listen to a voicemail (press on Play button), the app closes. Anyone else?
    Yep, happens to me too. I also get the weird APN page every time the phone boots up after this update. Everything else *seems* to be working ok apart from my visual voicemail though. Called TMO and their ideas didn't do anything. Sent an email to support centre so we'll see what happens. I really don't want to have to do a factory reset. That's such a pain the in the butt!
    08-24-18 06:34 PM
    How do you clean internal storage Cache with Oreo? I don't see it anymore.
    08-24-18 06:55 PM
    to dismiss the apn network screen, just hit the back button and it will go to the pin entry screen
    08-24-18 07:01 PM
    Hit the back button to take you to the pin entry screen and should boot up normally
    08-24-18 07:02 PM
    How do you clean internal storage Cache with Oreo? I don't see it anymore.
    You do it individually from the apps, or you just don't do it and let Android handle it as you should. It will clean the cache/storage as it's needed.
    08-24-18 07:53 PM
    Also, I don't get why everyone's assistant can read QR codes and such, but mine can't (see The Verge).
    It's in your Camera app, in the right hand lower corner.
    08-24-18 07:54 PM
    You do it individually from the apps, or you just don't do it and let Android handle it as you should. It will clean the cache/storage as it's needed.
    Thank you Bla1ze.
    08-24-18 11:47 PM
    I love the Oreo update in almost every way. Device is much more smooth and looks more clean. it operates very well. I love the idea of the trackpad, especially that I can use it as a cursor in the text. But it really needs to improve in terms of performance. Hopefully BlackBerry will fix this
    08-25-18 02:37 AM
    It's in your Camera app, in the right hand lower corner.
    I can only see the scanner mode for docs and such and a bunch of filters, but no QR/barcode reader. Basically what I have is this with no extra feature: https://crackberry.com/how-use-your-...ments-and-more
    Motion running Oreo (ABE104) carrier unlocked.
    08-25-18 04:37 AM
    Oreo upgrade overall is very smooth and stable. These are my key observations after 2 days:

- Device overall seems faster, UI and apps more fluid. Many small useful UI tweaks.
    - Power management and battery life were already good but have improved even more. The new Power Center is very useful, especially to manage background apps.
    - WiFi connectivity issues have been resolved, WiFi and WFC very stable now.
    - Camera picture quality seems a bit improved.
    - Fingerprint sensor no longer works to pull down notifications, but as (slow) trackpad. Not sure whether this is by design or a bug.
    - WiFi calling settings are no longer in main settings menu or phone settings; only accessible through notification on home screen. Seems to be a bug, Key2 has the same problem. When active though, WiFi calling works very well and stable.

BlackBerry Motion BBD100-2 on T-Mobile
    08-25-18 09:13 AM
    Also on T-Mobile. Trackpad as it is referred to is totally worthless and more of a pain.
    Didn't like it when it dropped down Notifications either.

"- Fingerprint sensor no longer works to pull down notifications, but as (slow) trackpad. Not sure whether this is by design or a bug. "
    Hphv and darkwater79 like this.
    08-25-18 09:40 AM
    Installed Oreo yesterday on my Motion and I noticed a drain on my battery right away yet I see many users experiencing improved battery life. I closed the power centre, removed the wallpaper and stopped running a lot of the apps in the background. Is there anything else I can do to bring it back to its original battery life (or even improve it)? I'm on wifi the majority of the day.
    08-26-18 11:12 AM
    A small thing but I wish they would spruce up the hub icon to make it distinctive. Envelopes how boring.
    08-26-18 11:20 AM
    Installed Oreo yesterday on my Motion and I noticed a drain on my battery right away yet I see many users experiencing improved battery life. I closed the power centre, removed the wallpaper and stopped running a lot of the apps in the background. Is there anything else I can do to bring it back to its original battery life (or even improve it)? I'm on wifi the majority of the day.
    It typically takes up to 24 hours for the phone to settle as it might be doing a bunch of update tasks in the background. See how your phone does after that period and also recommend a 32 second reboot.
    08-26-18 12:24 PM
    It typically takes up to 24 hours for the phone to settle as it might be doing a bunch of update tasks in the background. See how your phone does after that period and also recommend a 32 second reboot.
    I did restart a couple times since yesterday, but I will do the 32 second reboot this evening and see how it goes. Thanks!
    08-26-18 01:09 PM
    I did restart a couple times since yesterday, but I will do the 32 second reboot this evening and see how it goes. Thanks!
    I also had the battery drain after the update but it really works great now.
    08-26-18 04:54 PM
    After several days of use my Motion appears to be functioning same prior to Oreo. Always been pretty smooth w/o any hiccups (to speak of) so IMO that's a good thing.

Did have what seemed like unexpected reboots while in my hand at the start then figured it out, was the dang TPU case that's designed poorly. Have several where they (not same manufacturers) negated to provide enough of a recess for vol/pwr/convenience keys so with case(s) on keys become overly sensitive. Yes began using case around same time of update lol.
    08-26-18 05:15 PM
    I am very very disappointed with Oreo and BB.. Oreo is a huge bag of BUGS.... i asked BB to somehow push me back to V7.X.. and they said sorry, no way to move you back..
    08-26-18 06:37 PM
    Had another oddity happen today and not sure if again, that stupid case is partly to blame...

Earlier pulled SIM (phone off) to use in another phone temporarily then put my Motion on charge, later reinserted SIM (phone still off).

Powered on Motion and when got to PIN screen enter code, the boot process carried on but whilst phone was in my hand we felt phone vibrate before it got to home screen.

Upon viewing, the majority of my home screen(s) app icons and folders, I had created, were missing, being replaced w/others that aren't even the defaults if one were to reset their phone. Plus, there was "Safe Mode" being displayed in left lower corner of screen. Widgets were missing too although two clocks and Google bar were left as is.

OK I thought, it's that darn case again causing a key to be held active while it booted up. So we restarted the phone. No Safe Mode this time but my apps, folders and widgets were MIA, second reboot a no go either.

Thankfully it was a fairly quick process getting everything back in order as all my data, accounts, etc. were still intact.

So is it the phone case or something else the cause as this latter event has me wondering. Phone still works tickety-boo during heavy use after the Oreo update and only when in my hands has these problems occurred - pretty much says it all or does it?

Guess we'll return to our Incipio DualPro as not once have we had similar issues with it on. Been waiting on the Incipio Carnaby case to arrive although I think someone sent it on a long train to nowhere but that's another story.

Update Aug 27th:
    We returned to using the Incipio DualPro case so we'll see if anything out of the ordinary transpires in the next few days. Never had an ounce of troubles before whilst using it so only time will tell. Will report back in a week or so, sooner if anything arises before then.

Update Aug 30:
    "CASE" closed
    Last edited by Elky64; 08-30-18 at 09:46 PM.
    08-26-18 07:57 PM
    It is happening to me as well , I received the APN screen.
    08-26-18 10:18 PM
    I personally really like this update. Things seem smoother than 7.1.

I also have been using the night mode setting all the time. from the settings drawer.

overall, good update!
    08-27-18 12:53 AM
    Be surprised if everyone isn't getting the APN screen on bootup. Only once I got PIN in and the APN screen was a blip. Usually have to hit back arrow to get to password screen.

It is happening to me as well , I received the APN screen.
    08-27-18 07:21 AM
    No problems with mine since.

Back on 7, it seemed like my battery was being especially drained by my 5G wifi at home. I noticed a distinct difference when at work (which I would guess is a 2.4G). At work if I barely used the phone I might drop a couple % of battery during a 8-9 hour day.

Since Oreo, it seems like this has somewhat been addressed. I'm not losing as much battery with the phone just being idle on the home network.

I also think battery life is much better overall. I don't use the device as much during the day as some of you, but after the update it started to show me a 5+ days of battery life which if I recall is maybe close to 2x what I was getting on 7.

Love the rotating lock screen backgrounds too.
    08-27-18 10:38 AM
    Also on T-Mobile. Trackpad as it is referred to is totally worthless and more of a pain.
    Didn't like it when it dropped down Notifications either.

"- Fingerprint sensor no longer works to pull down notifications, but as (slow) trackpad. Not sure whether this is by design or a bug. "
    Noticed this too. I was just getting used to using it to drop the notifications but now I also want to disable this slow icon browsing it does now.
    08-27-18 10:42 AM
    I had to factory reset my Motion after the Oreo update (another post - constant reboots). Have spent last couple of days, and today, still getting settings back to what I had. Google's backup leaves a lot to be desired.

One good thing I noticed...Mobile HotSpot seems to work now on AT&T! I could not turn it on previously with 7.1. I know it was an AT&T issue (they blocked the Motion). So, AT&T may have started allowing the Motion to use HotSpot before this update, but just noticed today. Happy to have it back.
    08-27-18 11:19 AM
130 1234 ...