Curious of any opinions of Motion after Oreo Update. Any startup issues?

Is anyone getting the APN screen on startup? Easy to bypass to PIN entry screen, but a weird quirk. Also Power Center message of running in the background is constant.

Would love to hear any other changes to the BlackBerry Motion experience.
    08-23-18 03:46 PM
    I noticed some of my custom settings were changed to default, but a quick change in the settings, and I am good to go. Keeping an eye on the battery life. About 80% this morning, and now 69%(9 hours). It seems normal. A few new settings, like a new wallpaper on the lock screen, but that was easy to turn off....
    08-23-18 04:02 PM
    I'm generally unsatified with this long awaited update.

First of all I don't like the fact that now the fingerprint sensor is a trackpad: it's laggy, slow and in my opinion useless on a full touch device like the Motion. Most importantly, I used to rely heavily on that gesture to bring up my notification: it was easy and fast to unlock your phone and then, without moving your thumb, swipe and get the notifications. Now it's gone.

On the design side, I think Nougat was better: there is too much white in the Settings app and the quick settings drawer feels unbalanced with the settings shourtcut being too small and the clock and battery font being too big, it just doesn't go with the rest of the UI. I get this is my personal experience, but still. It got worse instead of being an improvement.

Another thing I don't like (though it can be disabled) is the random background image on the lock screen: it is an operating system which means it should focus on being functional and slim and not containing such useless garbage. Want it? Put it somewhere else and make it optional. Definitely out of scope.

Moreover, but this isn't striclty related to Oreo itself, I've disabled Web & Activity following recent fiasco about Google tracking you even if Location History is switched off: turns out I lost history of what I've explicitly searched on Google Maps as well and I can't even say "Call Alice" to the Google Assistant. It's either everything or nothing and I hate it.

On the performance side, after a 32sec/battery-pull reset, I have nothing to complain about: I would say it is a little slower, but the difference is so small that maybe it's just me. I think I will go for a factory reset sooner or later, do you guys have experience to share on this particular topic?

Also Power Center message of running in the background is constant.
    Agree. I think it should allow you to whitelist single apps, but I couldn't find such an option anywhere.

Is anyone getting the APN screen on startup?
    Nope, sorry.

Also, I don't get why everyone's assistant can read QR codes and such, but mine can't (see The Verge).

It's sad, but most of this isn't even BlackBerry's fault, it's just Android so, unless you buy an iPhone, it will be the same whatever phone you get. F*ck Google.
    08-23-18 05:02 PM
    Does anyone know how to turn the up/down WiFi arrows back on? I liked that in 7.1 to see if data is indeed transmitting, but it seems to have gone away with the Oreo update.
    08-23-18 06:49 PM
    Bell pushed Oreo this afternoon, and I am loving it !!!.. Love the notifications on the lock screen ....
    08-23-18 08:06 PM
    Looks like WiFi bug is fixed?

I miss the up/down arrows on the WiFi icon.

Thank God, the screen now dims considerably more than before.
    08-23-18 08:42 PM
    Just updated and within seconds of showing the PIN screen it jumps and shows this screen. I'm stuck at this screen with a title of APN and it shows 2 options for T-mobile. I go into the selection and save it but I cant get past this screen.Motion Oreo Update Thoughts-j11jwv8.jpg

Any help. I updated OTA on wifi with enough charge.
    08-23-18 08:51 PM
    took out the sim and rebooted and it booted ok. I put the SIM back in and rebooted and it went to the same screen. Strange.

It functions fine when I put the sim back in after booting.
    08-23-18 09:13 PM
    Looks like WiFi bug is fixed?

I miss the up/down arrows on the WiFi icon.

Thank God, the screen now dims considerably more than before.
    My wifi still has problems.
    08-23-18 09:42 PM
    Curious of any opinions of Motion after Oreo Update. Any startup issues?

Is anyone getting the APN screen on startup? Easy to bypass to PIN entry screen, but a weird quirk. Also Power Center message of running in the background is constant.

Would love to hear any other changes to the BlackBerry Motion experience.
    Just longclick on the Power Center Message and disable the Message.

You might have to do it twice, since there are more reasons for this msg.
    08-23-18 09:57 PM
    I find it annoying that the lock screen clock got much smaller...

Disabled changing wallpapers right away.

The smaller setting button is annoying.

Battery icon on Bluetooth for battery level.
    08-23-18 10:50 PM
    I realised I had Oreo as the appearance of the apps and the lock screen had changed.
    I've always thought the Home button should be a trackpad to be something unique. so well done. The lagginess could be corrected through an update.
    The other major change is settings. Very different layout with micro cogwheel. It's harder to get to the tethering function.
    sure we'll find more things. Should be a good upgrade in practice.
    08-24-18 04:39 AM
    Some other things.

Holding power button now slides out power options. Rather than big options in the middle of the screen.

I do not like the track pad feature. Pressing to select doesn't work right now. So using to select apps is useless.

Google Maps has a minimize option when en-route. Which is good in Theory, but if I minimize, it's always in the way. You can move it, but I want to disable it.

New call screen layout. Why does everyone always change from swiping to the side to swiping up to answer calls or vice-versa?!? Just commit. I remember when BB10 switched. Took forever to relearn. Now back to swiping up. lol
    08-24-18 09:31 AM
    Those on TMO, can you check something for me? Every time I attempt to listen to a voicemail (press on Play button), the app closes. Anyone else?
    08-24-18 12:41 PM
    I haven't been able to see all features, but I can't send text messages since the update. Receiving fine.
    08-24-18 12:50 PM
    My wifi still has problems.
    I seem to be stable, for now. It was so ridiculous for the past few months that I turned WiFi off completely. After a few minutes on WiFi, I would get the small x next to the WiFi meter and/or no data transmission at all with no warning. Someone at some point mentioned mesh WiFi systems were the culprit ( I have Orbi at home). But, I was experiencing it in other location with no mesh WiFi. We'll see.

I'll update if it changes for me.
    08-24-18 12:55 PM
    how do I swipe down on the fingerprint sensor to get notifications again? I can't find it in settings, although when I search for it, it shows up but when I click on it, it goes to a page with no way to enable the feature?
    08-24-18 01:17 PM
    I have a Motion on T Mo. three weeks old. voice mail plays fine and does not close. same results for me on Nougat and Oreo.
    08-24-18 01:22 PM
    Those on TMO, can you check something for me? Every time I attempt to listen to a voicemail (press on Play button), the app closes. Anyone else?
    I have the exact same issue. Makes no difference if they are messages that were there before the upgrade or new messages.
    08-24-18 02:46 PM
    how do I swipe down on the fingerprint sensor to get notifications again? I can't find it in settings, although when I search for it, it shows up but when I click on it, it goes to a page with no way to enable the feature?
    I was wondering the same thing.
    stemer likes this.
    08-24-18 02:48 PM
    It's not the first time that I pick up my phone and brightness is set to zero, has anyone of you noticed this?

how do I swipe down on the fingerprint sensor to get notifications again?
    It has been removed. See https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-oreo-1154544/
    08-24-18 03:23 PM
    Anybody else displaying a bug report after ending a call? A momentary prompt informs me of the call's length followed by another displaying some program-ese. The bug report disappears after a few seconds.
    08-24-18 05:47 PM
    Same here.
    08-24-18 05:53 PM
    Same here.
    I don't have that issue. My only vvm came after the update.
    08-24-18 05:57 PM
    I received voice mail (after update) via wifi-calling. And it warned me about not getting vis voice mail when on wifi. Later will try same on cell data.
    08-24-18 06:22 PM
130 123 ...