So can someone out there tell me when , and if the blackberry motion will be receiving the Oreo upgrade ??
    08-11-18 03:18 PM
    Let the guessing begin! I think the Motion will be dropped from any further OS updates. Kinda like the Priv.
    08-11-18 03:34 PM
    Let the guessing begin! I think the Motion will be dropped from any further OS updates. Kinda like the Priv.
    So can someone out there tell me when , and if the blackberry motion will be receiving the Oreo upgrade ??
    The Oreo update for the Motion has been certified on PTCRB - meaning NA release is very soon.

BTW, BBMo has committed to 3 years of security patches and at least 1 letter upgrade for the Motion. That leaves at least 26 months left.
    08-11-18 03:45 PM
    The Oreo update for the Motion has been certified on PTCRB - meaning NA release is very soon.

BTW, BBMo has committed to 3 years of security patches and at least 1 letter upgrade for the Motion. That leaves at least 26 months left.
    I hope you're right. The reported poor sales of the Motion have me a bit jittery.
    08-11-18 03:49 PM
    I hope you're right. The reported poor sales of the Motion have me a bit jittery.
    I don't think sales were any different than anticipated. My guess is that TCL had a low production run just to say to enterprise that they had a slab too.
    08-11-18 03:52 PM
    wow k thanx
    08-11-18 04:09 PM
    Think you're right on that.
    08-11-18 08:22 PM
    Think you're right on that.
    Not even a point of right..it would be surprising if anything different plays out
    08-11-18 09:00 PM
    Looks like many KEYone users are now getting Oreo. Methinks it is our turn.
    Justsayin'
    08-15-18 09:12 AM
    fingers crossed
    08-15-18 09:33 AM
    fingers crossed
    Make sure Y'all keep breathin though...
    hemodad likes this.
    08-15-18 11:07 AM
    Too old to try holding my breath. Guess patience is needed.

Make sure Y'all keep breathin though...
    08-15-18 11:20 AM
    I need Oreo
    08-15-18 11:46 AM
    just got the Oreo on my Keyone this morning. Now I shall patiently wait for Oreo to drop on my Motion.
    08-15-18 11:51 AM
    I need Oreo
    I'm just curious. Why do you need Oreo? What capabilities or features do you need that Nougat doesn't offer, and what impact will Oreo make on your personal or professional life?

Or, are you just using the word "need" to mean "strongly desire"?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-15-18 11:53 AM
    I'm just curious. Why do you need Oreo? What capabilities or features do you need that Nougat doesn't offer, and what impact will Oreo make on your personal or professional life?

If there's better cache management / performance enhancement(s) that's reason enough no? In my experience, most new OS's aren't just a change in scenery so there's usually some benefit to the device / user by upgrading.
    08-15-18 12:18 PM
    If there's better cache management / performance enhancement(s) that's reason enough no? In my experience, most new OS's aren't just a change in scenery so there's usually some benefit to the device / user by upgrading.
    Oh, I don't disagree that Oreo offers improvements, and in fact I'm happy to be downloading it as I'm writing this for my AT&T KEYone.

I just asked what the poster meant by "need" as he didn't elaborate at all.

Elky64 likes this.
    08-15-18 12:25 PM
    Oh, I don't disagree that Oreo offers improvements, and in fact I'm happy to be downloading it as I'm writing this for my AT&T KEYone.

I just asked what the poster meant by "need" as he didn't elaborate at all.

Yeah the term "need" maybe should have been "want" but... guess it depends on if the OP is having issues w/Nougat though so their term "need" just might be appropriate to them.

Personally I "want", for the added benefits it'll bring and, to be more current with the times.
    08-15-18 01:00 PM
    Sure hope we see it soon, it's always good to be running the latest OS on our Motion's. I'm feeling confident that we'll be seeing it soon now that the Keyone has it, it's got to be our turn next :-)
    08-15-18 01:20 PM
    I understand the impatience, even if I don't feel it. I would think the Motion is easier than the KEYone as it's a more typical Android form factor with fewer custom drivers.

08-15-18 01:29 PM
    I understand the impatience, even if I don't feel it. I would think the Motion is easier than the KEYone as it's a more typical Android form factor with fewer custom drivers.

I believe so too. Plus the fact that the Motion's internals are basically the same as the KEYone.

For me, picture in picture mode in Oreo is a must have. For my freelance work, it is very handy to have a livestream running while also checking info on the browser for example. It's obviously not a necessity, but definitely a deal breaker would the Motion not receive the update.
    08-15-18 03:51 PM
    I believe so too. Plus the fact that the Motion's internals are basically the same as the KEYone.

For me, picture in picture mode in Oreo is a must have. For my freelance work, it is very handy to have a livestream running while also checking info on the browser for example. It's obviously not a necessity, but definitely a deal breaker would the Motion not receive the update.
    Sure, that's a great feature and addresses a huge weakness in Android for me, where I couldn't multitask while playing a video like I can in BB10.

08-15-18 04:16 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile responded to my Tweet just now:

'It's [Oreo for the Motion] still in the works! #Comingsoon '
    Elky64 likes this.
    08-15-18 05:27 PM
    BlackBerry Mobile responded to my Tweet just now:

'It's [Oreo for the Motion] still in the works! #Comingsoon '
    Not one bit surprised to hear that, if true. The Motion just might be "that phone" (like many others) which receives the least amount of love, shame if that becomes the case as we won't truly know until all's said and done.
    08-15-18 06:18 PM
    My guess is, we'll get it next month, three months tops, almost certainly before Christmas.
    08-15-18 06:59 PM
85 123 ...