Usually (with Z10, Z30, Dtek60) whenever I enter into a free hotspot zone, my phone continues on LTE until I log-in. I've noticed that my Motion still connects to the free wi-fi and sends me the notification to log-in. However, I cannot connect to the internet unless I log-in or turn off my wi-fi. This is a rather inconvenient situation as every subway station has wi-fi and I don't always want to connect, but I shouldn't have to forget the network after every trip.

I know that Android is supposed to have dynamic switching between network and wi-fi baked in and can confirm this wasn't an issue on my Dtek60.

Has anyone else had this issue? Are there any known fixes?
    02-04-18 11:16 AM
    Usually (with Z10, Z30, Dtek60) whenever I enter into a free hotspot zone, my phone continues on LTE until I log-in. I've noticed that my Motion still connects to the free wi-fi and sends me the notification to log-in. However, I cannot connect to the internet unless I log-in or turn off my wi-fi. This is a rather inconvenient situation as every subway station has wi-fi and I don't always want to connect, but I shouldn't have to forget the network after every trip.

I know that Android is supposed to have dynamic switching between network and wi-fi baked in and can confirm this wasn't an issue on my Dtek60.

Has anyone else had this issue? Are there any known fixes?
    Try testing for a day by turning on the Developer Options and then turning on two settings under Networking in Developer Options - Aggressive WiFi to Mobile Data Handover and Mobile Data Always active. Then Observe if the free hotspot wifi still stops your LTE connectivity till you log in. Only other option I can think of is checking with your mobile service provider if they have some default preference settings where LTE stops or disconnects when there is hotspot wifi available.
    SweetlyUnspoken likes this.
    02-04-18 01:48 PM
    I have seen the same thing on mine, my internet has been out at home for a while but my Google wi-fi is still on because I still can control the hue lights and some other stuff with my phone using it wifi signal but if I want to use the browser or use WhatsApp I need to turn off Wi-Fi to use my phone Lte
    02-04-18 02:36 PM
    That sounds like an Android base level bug...
    02-04-18 04:23 PM
    I've been experimenting with the various Wi-fi settings and haven't had any luck. Thanks for your suggestion though.
    02-14-18 05:11 PM
    Switch off Network Notification in Settings / WiFi / Configure WiFi. Then the Motion will only connect automatically to saved networks.

Motion Not Switching from bad Wi-fi to LTE-screenshot_20180215-091915.jpg
    02-15-18 09:21 AM