Here is what is going to happen. They will release the motion with android 7. And then couple months later we will start complaining why no android 8. Then 1 year later when android 9 is out they will give us android 8 and say thats it we will not update the phone anymore. I will not buy blackberry anymore. I am writing this from my priv that has the same story.
    kleinpg likes this.
    10-10-17 12:34 PM
    Here is what is going to happen. They will release the motion with android 7. And then couple months later we will start complaining why no android 8. Then 1 year later when android 9 is out they will give us android 8 and say thats it we will not update the phone anymore. I will not buy blackberry anymore. I am writing this from my priv that has the same story.
    You do understand that Oreo only came out of beta 6 weeks ago, and it takes several months to harden the OS, right?

I suspect we'll see BlackBerry Oreo late Dec, or Jan.
    rthonpm and rarsen like this.
    10-10-17 12:37 PM
    You do understand that Oreo only came out of beta 6 weeks ago, and it takes several months to harden the OS, right?

I suspect we'll see BlackBerry Oreo late Dec, or Jan.
    I read reports on many websites covering the event that said early next year.
    So would rule out the late December time frame.
    Even within January would be very cool. But have my doubts.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 12:38 PM
    Yes. But that means we will never see android 9 update. They only give 1 os update for each phone.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-10-17 12:38 PM
    But yes BlackBerryMobile should also commit to the no. Of OS updates they are going to provide like they have committed to 24 months of security updates

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 12:40 PM
    Yes. But that means we will never see android 9 update. They only give 1 os update for each phone.
    TCL is a new company. What BlackBerry did for its own Priv is irrelevant. TCL will ultimately decide how many updates they will offer.
    10-10-17 12:40 PM
    blackberry is giving them the blueprints. so it is obvious enough what kind of support they will provide to their phones. btw look at the dtek phones which they never updated.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-10-17 12:56 PM
    blackberry is giving them the blueprints. so it is obvious enough what kind of support they will provide to their phones. btw look at the dtek phones which they never updated.
    Huh?

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is the first TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) device. Anything that came before is irrelevant.
    10-10-17 12:57 PM
    So motion will come with nougat and oreo will be their last OS updates? O.o
    10-10-17 12:58 PM
    So motion will come with nougat and oreo will be their last OS updates? O.o
    No idea. Ask TCL.
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-10-17 12:59 PM
    No idea. Ask TCL.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if motion only gets single update (android O). I am happy that it will get at least one OS updates. My dtek50/60 failed so hard but at least I am still getting security updates lol.
    10-10-17 01:07 PM
    I wouldn’t be surprised if motion only gets single update (android O). I am happy that it will get at least one OS updates. My dtek50/60 failed so hard but at least I am still getting security updates lol.
    What happened to the DTEKs isn't on TCL.
    10-10-17 01:11 PM
    What happened to the DTEKs isn't on TCL.
    But isn't it their responsibility now?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 07:26 PM
    But isn't it their responsibility now?

Posted via CB10
    They were recently dumped in their lap, yes. But we have no idea what terms were agreed to. I doubt TCL would have committed to updating them to Nougat when they are launching their own slab. I doubt even more that BlackBerry would have paid them extra to do it.
    10-10-17 07:35 PM
    Yeah. same goes with LG v30, Samsung Note 8, even the Essential phone is release with Nougat with an upgrade note to Oreo. Your point is?
    10-10-17 07:47 PM
    They were recently dumped in their lap, yes. But we have no idea what terms were agreed to. I doubt TCL would have committed to updating them to Nougat when they are launching their own slab. I doubt even more that BlackBerry would have paid them extra to do it.
    Dumped maybe
    But it's not like they were forced to take the responsibility.
    They must have agreed at some level and only then must have they got the responsibility.
    As an end user, least of my concerns whether it was Dumped or not. Point is its TCL's responsibility and they don't seem to be interested in pushing Nougat to the DTEKs

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 08:33 PM
    Dumped maybe
    But it's not like they were forced to take the responsibility.
    They must have agreed at some level and only then must have they got the responsibility.
    As an end user, least of my concerns whether it was Dumped or not. Point is its TCL's responsibility and they don't seem to be interested in pushing Nougat to the DTEKs

Posted via CB10
    Your "concern" is not relevant to the transaction that took place.

BlackBerry unloaded the devices and the corresponding support agreements on TCL for a fee.

TCL will not do anything more than what BlackBerry paid them to do.

This situation is again irrelevant to the future of TCL's own KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion.
    10-10-17 08:37 PM

BlackBerry unloaded the devices and the corresponding support agreements on TCL for a fee.

This situation is again irrelevant to the future of TCL's own KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion.
    How do you have all this insider info of payment changing hand and paying for OS updates and so on and so forth. Seriously, these are just guesses and you have no idea what kind of agreements they have including the initial licence agreement. You can say these things as though they are facts. You may be right but it's simply assumptions at this point.
    10-10-17 08:44 PM
    If you read the latest press release from BlackBerry / TCL on the Motion release TCL states that the Motion will be upgraded to Oreo in early 2018.
    10-10-17 08:46 PM

Basically BlackBerry just s*****d us again like it has been in the last couple of years?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 08:49 PM
    Basically BlackBerry just s*****d us again like it has been in the last couple of years?

Posted via CB10
    They are clearly still providing security patches at least.

As to whether Nougat was part of the recent agreement, I have no idea. I just highly doubt it.
    10-10-17 08:55 PM
    They are clearly still providing security patches at least.

As to whether Nougat was part of the recent agreement, I have no idea. I just highly doubt it.
    Yes they are providing security updates
    But even I highly doubt Nougat.
    Which is why I am saying BlackBerry just s*****d us yet again on that aspect.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 09:40 PM
    Which is why I am saying BlackBerry just s*****d us yet again on that aspect.

Posted via CB10
    At least you never have to worry about that again.
    10-10-17 09:41 PM
    At least you never have to worry about that again.
    That's hardly any consolation.
    And we do not know how BlackBerryMobile is going to be. All we know is they are going to provide upgrades to Oreo. Whether they provide 2 major OS updates or not, is yet to be seen. I think they should, given the Price they are charging and the focus on security and Software.
    Rest we shall see.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 09:51 PM
    I think I will get oreo on my essential phone before my keyone, just a feeling.
    10-11-17 01:54 AM
124 123 ...