By looking at the spec of BlackBerry motion, what would be the cost they will be selling here in India. Also keyone in India had some added feature, similarly will Motion will be launched with 8gb ram.
    As one plus and honor is available with 8gb ram around 35000 rs.

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    10-10-17 10:55 AM
    Also keyone in India had some added feature, similarly will Motion will be launched with 8gb ram.
    Don't count on that.
    10-10-17 11:02 AM
    No added feature.
    Max you could "hope" is 64GB memory.
    Expect it to cost ₹32,000 (As told by Bla1ze in another thread )

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 12:56 PM
    32k???, I believe the cost is high when compared with other phone now in Indian market.

I understand BlackBerry cannot be compared with rest, but fact is only few go for it here..

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    10-10-17 05:50 PM
    32k???, I believe the cost is high when compared with other phone now in Indian market.

I understand BlackBerry cannot be compared with rest, but fact is only few go for it here..

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    Yes but that's it's going to be.
    The calculation is simple.
    The KEYone is for 40K, and the Motion is $100 cheaper than KEYone so that's roughly ₹7-8K cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 07:22 PM
    The fact that BlackBerry phones are coming out in India is good news but what about after sales service?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 08:25 PM
    The fact that BlackBerry phones are coming out in India is good news but what about after sales service?

Posted via CB10
    Is very poor for now.
    Don't really see Optiemus putting in a lot of effort yet
    No marketing, no mention of any new device.
    They just imported a device being built by another licensee.
    As of now, TCL doing a much better job than Optiemus.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 08:31 PM
    Not sure, why blackberry had contract with Optimus. They are not interested on marketing the blackberry and they need to revist the cost that matches to india..

Hope you agree that for this specification , we can get the mobile for 15-20k. if BlackBerry is priced 25k, it will be fine.

But people will think to spend 32k for an mobile that doesn't have enough service center.

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    10-10-17 09:11 PM
    Not sure, why blackberry had contract with Optimus. They are not interested on marketing the blackberry and they need to revist the cost that matches to india..

Hope you agree that for this specification , we can get the mobile for 15-20k. if BlackBerry is priced 25k, it will be fine.

But people will think to spend 32k for an mobile that doesn't have enough service center.

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    BlackBerry isn't really bothered who it contracts with as long as it is making money. And BlackBerry will offer Optiemus updates as per whatever terms that has been decided between them (in this case whatever terms Optiemus has with TCL maybe)
    Yes I agree that the Motion should have been for ₹25K ($399) comparing other phones and taking into account the BlackBerry software, security updates and IP 67 Water Resistance. But BlackBerryMobile seems to disagree (They may have their reasons and they know better about costs)
    But I feel they priced both the phone $50 more. But can't comment whether they could have or not.
    KEYone at $499 and Motion at $399 seemed more competitive and reasonable "IMO"
    I don't think the Motion will be coming to India.
    Looking at the sales of the DTEKs in India, I am sure Optiemus knows that they wouldn't be able to sell that phone at ₹32K when you can get the 1+5 for 33K just for the battery and Water Resistance.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 09:47 PM
    Yes, I agree with u.. but I would like to get motion in India. As a BlackBerry fan, I love the fingerprint on logo and looks awesome.
    Will wait to see their plan in india..

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    10-10-17 10:26 PM
    Yes, I agree with u.. but I would like to get motion in India. As a BlackBerry fan, I love the fingerprint on logo and looks awesome.
    Will wait to see their plan in india..

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    But I see very low chances of that happening.
    But wouldn't completely rule it out either.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-17 11:43 PM
    The specs of motion is exactly same as moto g5 line. And the price of moto g5 line is 15K in india. I think motion should be priced 20 to 25K. Other wise definitely it will be a failure. Don't compare it with black edition KEYone. Cz k1 has physical keyboard. That was the main selling point.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-17 12:06 AM
    The specs of motion is exactly same as moto g5 line. And the price of moto g5 line is 15K in india. I think motion should be priced 20 to 25K. Other wise definitely it will be a failure. Don't compare it with black edition KEYone. Cz k1 has physical keyboard. That was the main selling point.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you. Keyone price is digested coz it's PKB device, but a slab phone with this specification at 32k is foolishness.

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    10-11-17 02:31 PM
    Is very poor for now.
    Don't really see Optiemus putting in a lot of effort yet
    No marketing, no mention of any new device.
    They just imported a device being built by another licensee.
    As of now, TCL doing a much better job than Optiemus.

Posted via CB10
    I know it's still early but it seems like Optimus hasn't done much to develop their own BB device. What's the point of having a license for South Asia when all they done so far is be TCL's distributor?
    10-13-17 10:34 AM
    BlackBerry is not only competing with low end devices, now it has to target even Pixel, Iphone, moto, lg! to do this they have improve the AI and getting back the experience from BB10 gestures!
    10-15-17 11:33 PM
    8GB Ram is too much for BlackBerry Motion!
    4GB Ram is more than enough.

But it should be given 64 GB inbuilt memory!
    11-11-17 09:45 PM
    I would expect for a upgraded Motion in India with SD630 or an even better processor in 600 series with stereo speakers.
    11-11-17 09:48 PM
    Yes a phone with SD625 can be bought here around at 15k..

Also do you have any idea on when the motion is releasing in ibdia??

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    11-13-17 02:02 AM
    Yes a phone with SD625 can be bought here around at 15k..

Also do you have any idea on when the motion is releasing in ibdia??

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    Mostly won't.
    I'd say there is a .01% chance of it releasing in India

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    11-13-17 02:25 AM
    Mostly won't.
    I'd say there is a .01% chance of it releasing in India

Why?? I planned to buy K1, but after seeing motion, I thought of getting Motion since it come wit some additional features such as ip67, locker...

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    11-13-17 07:07 AM
    Why?? I planned to buy K1, but after seeing motion, I thought of getting Motion since it come wit some additional features such as ip67, locker...

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    BBMobile/TCL doesn't have BlackBerry's license for the Indian market, Optiemus Infracom does. We don't know if OI will license the Motion from TCL or release a device of their own.

I think the Keyone was a BlackBerry design that TCL and OI licensed so it can go either way.

BlackBerry CEO mulls release of one last in-house designed handset | Financial Post
    11-13-17 11:36 AM
    Why would a small inconsequential market like India get extra functions that we wouldn't get Inn the mobile capital of the world in Barcelona? You're not thinking logically. Catalunya is the tech capital of the world. Watch Internet. What happens here reaches the rest of the world 6 months later.
    11-13-17 12:07 PM
    I don't think OI is working on any BlackBerry phones. Holding a rights of fame Company and not doing any work for it..

At least TCL is doing some stuffs to it...

OI just been a distributor of K1..

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    11-13-17 12:09 PM
    Why would a small inconsequential market like India get extra functions that we wouldn't get Inn the mobile capital of the world in Barcelona?
    /s ?

https://www.canalys.com/newsroom/ind...rtphone-market
    11-13-17 01:18 PM

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    Because no consumer is going to pick up a motion for ₹32K over something like the Moto X4 for ₹23K
    The Moto has IP68 vs the IP67, the 630 against the 625, Dual cameras, better front camera, 64GB storage against the 32GB. The only thing in Motion's favour is the battery size. But given how much it is lacking, no one is going to pay the 9K for the battery. They'd rather just pick up a couple of Power Banks for 1/10th the cost. Plus Motorola's software is also nearly stock Android like BlackBerry's. The security updates would be of value to very few for the extra price and loss of features.
    People wouldn't even know about the Motion in the Indian Market just like they don't about the DTEKs.

11-13-17 08:21 PM
33 12