The motion is indeed water proof grandson dropped mine in jug of water took out just wiped it all working fine
    branflakes likes this.
    09-23-18 06:04 AM
    Yup, it is IP67 rated. As with as any device though, better to not intentionally dip it in water but just have that reassurance that if it does, it'll still work fine
    johnny_bravo72 and branflakes like this.
    09-23-18 06:30 AM
    One of the reasons I wanted a Motion. I get caught in enough downpours and wanted the extra confidence if the phone gets wet, I can just wipe it dry. I don't think I could go back to a phone that didn't have IP67 or better.
    09-23-18 11:50 AM
    Last week I spilled an entire glass of beer on my Motion which was on the table. All my friends freaking out. Nooooo worries matey it's a BlackBerry
    09-23-18 01:46 PM
    One of the selling points for me so I can take it fishing and not have to worry about it getting splashed on the boat. So far so good.
    09-23-18 03:41 PM
    as an engineer, dust proofing is really important, killed the speakers and microphone in a lot of phones with metal dust. IP 67 is a must have for me.
    09-23-18 06:24 PM
    we followed in Crackberry Kevin's footsteps and urged on by my son, we threw it in a swimming pool.
    No problems!
    The Motion has lot going for it and is underrated.
    A source tells me to expect a Motion 2. But not when.
    09-24-18 03:07 AM
    The motion is indeed water proof grandson dropped mine in jug of water took out just wiped it all working fine
    Yes you are absolutely right. The device is able to withstand water . Many times I have washed my screen to remove smudges and device has not disappointed at all.
    09-24-18 09:26 AM
    Yup, it is IP67 rated. As with as any device though, better to not intentionally dip it in water but just have that reassurance that if it does, it'll still work fine
    @the_boon agreed. First BlackBerry IMO which is waterproof.
    09-24-18 09:27 AM
    IP rated phones aren't actually waterproof, they're water resistant. They'll likely survive accidental drops or brief exposure to water but intentionally exposing them could cause water resistance to fail.

Check out this video by MrMobile and JerryRigEverything,

They also did a teardown video for the Motion where they discuss its water resistance and how you can check for exposure without opening the device,

branflakes and the_boon like this.
    09-24-18 10:43 AM
    we followed in Crackberry Kevin's footsteps and urged on by my son, we threw it in a swimming pool.
    No problems!
    The Motion has lot going for it and is underrated.
    A source tells me to expect a Motion 2. But not when.
    A source...??
    How can u be so true , one would think something would have gotten out by now if true no ?
    Hears hopping
    09-26-18 07:38 PM
    I remember when the Motorola Defy came out, people were posting under water videos taken with the phone. And that had a removable battery; the battery panel locked in place over an o-ring type gasket.
    10-05-18 07:52 AM
    A source...??
    How can u be so true , one would think something would have gotten out by now if true no ?
    Hears hopping
    Of course, my source could be wrong, but don't rule it out. You'd expect at least one refreshed VKB model. The Indian branch has launched a VKB in 2 versions, so here in Europe we might expect a Motion 2 Plus an LE version. I reckon by Xmas we'll have some news.
    10-06-18 05:47 AM
    IP67 is water resistant and IP68 waterproof. But I think they over compensate and thus the IP67 is better than it should be.
    10-06-18 05:49 AM
    IP67 is water resistant and IP68 waterproof.
    Both are actually water resistant and a "higher" number doesn't necessarily mean better, check out the video I posted above from MrMobile.
    10-06-18 09:52 AM
    it is until you drop / Crack the top corner near the camera lol.
    10-10-18 10:15 AM
    Mine is coffee proof!
    10-12-18 12:02 PM
    You mean water resistant?
    10-13-18 12:22 PM