Ok. Specific issues have been mentioned here regarding the Home button. Here I am on my Motion trying things out.
    1) Finger print sensor. This no longer works on my device. It worked brilliantly, but since the Oreo update it works once or twice after resetting and then just doesn't work. I've given up.
    Do you find the same thing?
    2) Page swiper. The button moves the pages instead of highlighting apps now, but it's so slow that I'm not going to use it. However, it works very well turning pages of ebooks!

3) Cursor function. Can jump letters and lines. Not bad, but too stuttery to be comfortable . Should be smoother.

Actions.
    1) Improve the current efficiency.
    2) Provide 2 or 3 compatible options that you can select from a menu.

I've just given the person in App development a free idea! Please attribute it to me! Simon
    seletok likes this.
    10-20-18 03:03 AM
    update. Now the home button doesn't do anything useful . It's highlighting apps. How did that happen??!!!
    and the fingerprint sensor doesn't work at all.
    10-24-18 02:27 PM
    update. Now the home button doesn't do anything useful . It's highlighting apps. How did that happen??!!!
    Have you tried to wipe the device?
    10-24-18 02:56 PM
    This behavior is after Oreo update or latest patch? Mine seems to work ok. Maybe I just haven't been using it for some things.

Oh! Hold on! You're right! It highlights apps instead of pulling down the screen from above. I can still press it in and it will bring me back to the home screen.
    10-24-18 04:46 PM
    This behavior is after Oreo update or latest patch? Mine seems to work ok. Maybe I just haven't been using it for some things.

Oh! Hold on! You're right! It highlights apps instead of pulling down the screen from above. I can still press it in and it will bring me back to the home screen.
    But last week I could scroll text pages and screens!! Albeit in a very laggy way, as we mentioned here . now, It's reverted to the very first "update" . Home and highlighting.
    I'm on the 1st September update. You?
    How did that happen?
    Are you saying you don't have finger sensor problems. I've reset it several times and after a couple of uses it stops working.
    Last edited by mrsimon; 10-25-18 at 05:20 AM.
    10-25-18 04:44 AM
    Now with October update pull down the notification panel. This is good!
    The settings for touch to back function, like in Nougat, not find.
    10-25-18 05:18 AM
    Do you use picture password to unlock the device I guess?
    10-25-18 06:02 AM
    My fingerprint sensor brings me back to the home screen and highlights apps. It used to pull down the notification and settings screen from the top, but even that didn't work particularly well.

I haven't received the October update yet. I don't think it's been posted for my NA model.
    10-25-18 06:37 AM
    Do you use picture password to unlock the device I guess?
    I've said finger sensor several times. I also have the pattern set up luckily!!
    10-25-18 10:24 AM
    Where are the settings for the home button functions. In Nougat there was a setting menu to enable swipe down for notifications etc. Can't find this on Oreo.
    10-25-18 11:19 AM
    My home button now seems to do nothing. Neither scrolling or notification gestures, or tap to go back.
    10-25-18 11:25 AM
    With the posted autoloader, if I hold the button too long, I get the notification drop down. Would just as soon as it were just a home button.

My home button now seems to do nothing. Neither scrolling or notification gestures, or tap to go back.
    10-25-18 02:32 PM
    I just got the October update here In Spain and all is good again. Finger sensor works and the home button brings down the notification shade.
    Glad to see them respond !

Anyone else get an update and fix.
    10-27-18 02:25 PM
    Hi there. How did you enable these features? My home button now does nothing. Neither tap to go back or pulls down notification. I wonder if it's a setting in the menu to enable?
    10-28-18 05:36 AM