01-14-18 10:23 PM
    Motion:
    Motion Camera vs. PRIV Camera-motion-3.jpg
    Priv:
    Motion Camera vs. PRIV Camera-priv-3.jpg
    Z30:
    Motion Camera vs. PRIV Camera-z30-3.jpg
    01-14-18 10:25 PM
    Sorry if my selection of photos suck. Unfortunately I only really get a chance to do this type of thing at night, and my selection of photo subjects is limited. I would like to take some outdoor photos, but don't get the chance during the day...

And I have no idea what happened to the last Z30 photo. I took this under one of those bright "daylight" type lamps. I was curious how the cameras would act taking a photo of a subject with very bright white light.

As I said generally, I find the colours of the Priv the closest to real life. But this is only really tested in indoor conditions, with my crappy regular house lights.
    01-14-18 10:28 PM
    Motion camera is terrible to say the least. It's sad that Priv, which is over 2 years old, takes better pictures than BlackBerry's newest phone.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    01-14-18 10:52 PM
    I wouldn't say it's terrible, it's clearly better than the Z30 camera so it'll be an upgrade for me. I can't really tell a huge difference in the Priv vs Motion, mostly just the tone of the colors being warmer on the Priv. I honestly don't see what the big fuss about the camera is, of course it's not going to be as good as a flagship that's twice as expensive, yes they could have made it better but I don't think it's terrible.
    01-15-18 02:59 AM
    I really dislike using the whole "it's a business device, that's why X is not as good". I'm no executive, but if I was, I would want the best...

I'll post shortly some comparison photos I took at home. They are all crappie indoor shots, but at least they are shots all taken with the same circumstances.
    I agree...I want the best and I am a business user. If folks like what TCL/Blackberry Mobile is offering now I say enjoy. It is subjective to each individual. I know other OEM's have phones on the market that is just as productive or if not more than what TCL/Blackberry Motion is offering at this time for a similar price point. After using Blackberry phones for the past few years and now using an LG flagship-I do not feel a drop off in productivity. Actually, it is more like a trade off. I purchased an LG smartwatch to alert me of emails and texts during meetings. I was disappointed in the TCL built DTEK 60 build quality, it started falling apart within 12 months of purchase, with inferior reception, call quality, battery died, finger print sensor died, etc.. LG trumps the 60 in all the mentioned 60 qualms and a much better camera.

I hope TCL/Blackberry Mobile will release phones with current mid-range specs in the future if they continue to price their phones in the $450.00 to $550.00 price range.
    01-15-18 08:03 PM
    Having owned a PRIV and now a Motion say the PRIV does take better shots because of IOS, the motion is a mass market device designed to be given to employees, I'd expect IOS on the Motion Black version along with other upgrades and a higher price for the consumer market where quality selfies are a must
    01-19-18 08:56 AM
    A question for you Motion owners. Does the Motion have the Time Shift feature during picture taking?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-18 10:06 AM
    A question for you Motion owners. Does the Motion have the Time Shift feature during picture taking?

Posted via CB10
    I believe that Time Shift is still exclusive to BlackBerry 10.
    01-19-18 10:30 AM
    Thanks....Brother

Posted via CB10
    01-19-18 10:38 AM
    Actually brought both phones with me to Vaughan Mills the other day. Tonight I will try to upload both to show comparisons.
    01-20-18 07:14 AM
    Some photos from a quick stop at Vaughan Mills mall the other day. This was to test out the cameras with some natural light, and larger indoor locations. Instead of just at home...

FYI, both phones were held at the same time, and I tried to take the photos at the same moment. I also just shot the photos on the auto settings. Nothing special.

Motion:
    Motion Camera vs. PRIV Camera-motion-4.jpg
    Priv:
    Motion Camera vs. PRIV Camera-priv-4.jpg
    Motion:
    Motion Camera vs. PRIV Camera-motion-5.jpg
    Priv:
    Motion Camera vs. PRIV Camera-priv-5.jpg
    Motion:
    Motion Camera vs. PRIV Camera-motion-6.jpg
    Priv:
    Motion Camera vs. PRIV Camera-priv-6.jpg
    Motion:
    Motion Camera vs. PRIV Camera-motion-7.jpg
    Priv:
    Motion Camera vs. PRIV Camera-priv-7.jpg
    Last edited by skilas; 01-20-18 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Further explanation
    01-20-18 11:14 PM
    just a real pity bbmobile did not put the same camera as the KEYone into the Motion. It's a huge mistake.
    01-25-18 03:39 PM
    So I just wanted to follow up with a my solution my problem. I shoot in Manual from now on. I've been unhappy with the auto selection from it comes to the white balance. So now I keep the phone in Manual, and adjust the white balance based on what looks best. I've been using the presets shown in the photo I've attached, and it's been working well.Motion Camera vs. PRIV Camera-145410.jpg
    Carjackd and SkiBerryDude like this.
    02-16-18 09:59 PM
40 12