11-11-20 12:27 PM
27 12
tools
    Yeah I don't get Apple's thinking this year....

While it sounds like most users will get a full day.... could they really not squeeze a 3,500mAh in there, or just make it a little thicker? Is being .5 mm thinner than the S20, or .6 mm thinner than the Pixel 5 a big deal? Generally they are going to stick to a form factor for a few years... will components shrink enough to allow bigger battery next year, when they hopefully do a 120Hz display?

(Motion had same Battery Endurance rating of the iPhone 11... so not really all that insane.)
    Maybe they know that if they cram a bigger than average battery that makes for exceptional endurance at launch, such battery will still be good enough after two years which will decrease the chances that the user will want to upgrade by then.
    11-08-20 05:55 PM
    Well, I purchased a replacement battery (and back and top covers) off Amazon. I replaced the battery, which was fairly simple to do. It's been a little over a week, and my Motion is running like new again! I wish the back cover had come with a new gasket, though. I guess I gotta put a micro bead of RTV sealant around it. For now, I have to keep squeezing it back down several times per day.

TIP:
    When you replace your battery, make sure you let it get a FULL charge before turning the phone on again. That will ensure you get maximum performance out of the new battery throughout its life. Also, DO NOT let it run all the way flat. I think that's what eventually did my battery in. I accidentally let it run flat one time, and it was never the same. Further, for those who haven't had to replace yours yet, if you start noticing that your Motion charges to 100% in no time, that is a sign of the beginning of the end. A fresh Motion battery takes quite some time to hit 100%, even when starting from 80% charged. That's a good thing. When I installed the new one, it showed 28% when I plugged it in for the first time. I believe it took about 2 hours on the wall plug to reach full charge.
    11-11-20 12:27 PM
27 12