So I just noticed that my Motion's battery has gassed and has started to bulge, and the back cover is starting to come unglued from the frame.

Anyone have any experience with getting a battery replacement from BlackBerry Mobile? Costs?
    12-18-18 11:32 AM
    So I just noticed that my Motion's battery has gassed and has started to bulge, and the back cover is starting to come unglued from the frame.

Anyone have any experience with getting a battery replacement from BlackBerry Mobile? Costs?
    Is it still under warranty?

Sent from my BBD100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-18-18 11:56 AM

Same issue with my device too. And exactly a week after the warranty expired. Can anyone share the model number for Motion's battery or details of a compatible one ? Is it TLp038B1?
    Last edited by ashish_BB; 12-21-18 at 09:45 AM.
    Big10BBUser likes this.
    12-21-18 09:31 AM
    Same issue with my device too. And exactly a week after the warranty expired. Can anyone share the model number for Motion's battery or details of a compatible one ? Is it TLp038B1?
    Pretty much exactly one year for me as well.. Warranty ended December 14 and battery swelled up a week later... I've got an RMA to send it in, so we'll see what they want to do a battery swap..
    12-21-18 11:21 AM
    let us know how much it costs to repair the phone out of warranty.
    12-25-18 11:16 AM
    Any idea where a replacement battery for Motion can be sourced from ?
    12-30-18 01:11 AM
    I have insurance but so far my Motion is behaving great but will let you guys know if I get the same
    12-31-18 07:53 PM

My motion is now more than a year. The battery life has reduced I will be looking to replace the same in Dubai.
    12-31-18 11:19 PM
    My motion is now more than a year. The battery life has reduced I will be looking to replace the same in Dubai.
    Tiwari Ji, Please do let me know if you are able to get a replacement battery for Motion in Dubai. Thanks in advance.
    01-02-19 10:06 AM
    How could you tell the battery was bulged, was the case deformed?
    01-07-19 11:43 AM
    How could you tell the battery was bulged, was the case deformed?
    Yes. The back cover started popping out with a clear bulge in the center.
    Attached Thumbnails Motion battery replacement??  Battery bulged!!-img-20181230-wa0001.jpg  
    01-07-19 08:54 PM
    Hello !

I just changed my BlackBerry's Motion battery yesterday.

This activity is easy, you have only 6 screws to remove. After that, you replace the battery and the job is almost done !

I used these information below to reach the objective :

Video to open the phone :

Battery supplier (12.99$ CA) : https://www.esourceparts.ca/replacem...-bbd100-2.html

Product used to replace the sealant (seal) : https://www.canadiantire.ca/fr/pdp/j...3722p.html#srp

Have a nice day !
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-30-19 07:12 AM
    Hello !

I just changed my BlackBerry's Motion battery yesterday.

This activity is easy, you have only 6 screws to remove. After that, you replace the battery and the job is almost done !

I used these information below to reach the objective :

Video to open the phone :

Battery supplier (12.99$ CA) : https://www.esourceparts.ca/replacem...-bbd100-2.html

Product used to replace the sealant (seal) : https://www.canadiantire.ca/fr/pdp/j...3722p.html#srp

Have a nice day !
    That link shows no stock for the battery. Mine is swollen as well now and I cannot find one for sale. Are these batteries hard to come by?
    08-06-19 07:35 PM
    08-07-19 10:09 PM
    Don't go there! That's insane
    08-08-19 11:34 PM
    Don't go there! That's insane
    Wasn't actually suggesting it...
    08-09-19 07:53 AM
    See the other current thread "battery swollen. Could be a solution there
    Jaynet likes this.
    08-09-19 01:02 PM
    I had the swollen battery problem, too. I have a set of micro drills, so I drilled a micro hole into it and squeezed out the gas. The gas smells super sweet for some reason. Anyway, that was last year, I think, and now I believe I need a new battery altogether. It just randomly shuts down now at various battery levels. I'm on the hunt for a new battery.
    10-16-20 05:35 PM
    I had the swollen battery problem, too. I have a set of micro drills, so I drilled a micro hole into it and squeezed out the gas. The gas smells super sweet for some reason. Anyway, that was last year, I think, and now I believe I need a new battery altogether. It just randomly shuts down now at various battery levels. I'm on the hunt for a new battery.
    same issue I have been faced, can't find the battery in my country so I have just adjust with other alcatel phone I didn't remember the model of the battery but it adjust and working fine though
    10-16-20 07:27 PM
    same issue I have been faced, can't find the battery in my country so I have just adjust with other alcatel phone I didn't remember the model of the battery but it adjust and working fine though
    There's Alcatel or TCL battery mentioned in a different Motion thread for proper change out..
    10-16-20 07:46 PM
    Alcatel A7, same battery exactly.
    10-17-20 02:33 AM
    Alcatel A7, same battery exactly.
    Thanks, I couldn’t remember.....
    10-17-20 09:54 AM
    Just want to thank you for having this posted here... My motion battery decided to go bye bye... I immediately searched for a battery and sure enough esourceparts.ca had one!!! My motion is now in better shape than ever....
    Thanks !!
    11-04-20 06:27 PM
    Just want to thank you for having this posted here... My motion battery decided to go bye bye... I immediately searched for a battery and sure enough esourceparts.ca had one!!! My motion is now in better shape than ever....
    Thanks !!
    Man that phone has some insane endurance with that 4000mAh and power sipping LCD and processor
    11-04-20 07:06 PM
    Man that phone has some insane endurance with that 4000mAh and power sipping LCD and processor
    Yeah I don't get Apple's thinking this year....

While it sounds like most users will get a full day.... could they really not squeeze a 3,500mAh in there, or just make it a little thicker? Is being .5 mm thinner than the S20, or .6 mm thinner than the Pixel 5 a big deal? Generally they are going to stick to a form factor for a few years... will components shrink enough to allow bigger battery next year, when they hopefully do a 120Hz display?

(Motion had same Battery Endurance rating of the iPhone 11... so not really all that insane.)
    11-05-20 03:35 PM
27 12