I think the Motion tanked pretty badly. I honestly don't think there will be a successor to the Motion.
    Think you are right on both counts. Came in silent and went out the same way.

I love the phone, but I really miss the PKB, so I'll be getting a KEY3 as soon as it's out
    Enjoying mine as well but many aspects of BBMo/TCL's made me realize they ain't trying as hard as they should be and much of BB's past (the negatives) still linger. For that reason the Motion will be our last for the foreseeable future.
    buda atum likes this.
    11-25-18 03:30 PM
    Think you are right on both counts. Came in silent and went out the same way.

Enjoying mine as well but many aspects of BBMo/TCL's made me realize they ain't trying as hard as they should be and much of BB's past (the negatives) still linger. For that reason the Motion will be our last for the foreseeable future.
    What will you get instead?
    11-26-18 08:38 AM
    Sky's the limit if you don't need a PKB.
    11-26-18 08:43 AM
    Sky's the limit if you don't need a PKB.
    As long as it has GREAT battery, SD card, decent camera, and BB keyboard, I would look at it. Don't need PKB.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion
    11-26-18 10:11 AM
    We know he meant BBmo...
    My waters tell me to expect a Motion 2, no evidence, just a feeling!!
    Probably, wishful thinking. I love the Motion and would get a revamped one.
    Improved camera, dual speakers, IP68, more creative uses for the Home button that scrolled on one update in a jerky way, and then went back to notification shade opening, but same screen and same big battery. I'd keep the things that make it 'Blackberry': e.g keep the convenience key (unlike the Evolve). And make the design as individual as it is now.

In sum, a Motion 2 that builds on all that is good with the current Motion.
    I agree with this post , and I will buy a new one just for a better camera.
    buda atum likes this.
    11-26-18 07:22 PM
    Already got... Galaxy S7 Edge & Huawei P20 Pro. Edge is my back up while other two are on separate lines.
    11-26-18 07:31 PM
    I too prefer the van, but also the security of a Blackberry. I have had the Z10,Z30 and now the Motion. If there is no new model coming, I will use this phone until the apps stop working, then figure out something.
    I agree. I went from 9530 > z10 > z30 > Motion -- and I have zero regrets. The Motion is the king here and it would take a lot for me to switch from it. I had no budget and I was comparing specs of all Android phones putting them under the microscope .. if I had cared about the night camera then I might have bought something else. But that's really the only thing.
    11-26-18 10:48 PM
    I don't think I can go back to a pkb. the flick typing has me hooked
    01-28-19 05:45 AM
    I don't think I can go back to a pkb. the flick typing has me hooked
    You can flick type on the key1 and 2 keyboards.

The Motion is in many ways my favourite BBMO phone. I love the look and feel in my hands and the screen is large and also feels good to the touch.
    The battery life is the best of all the BBMO s.
    It could have a better camera, but it does everything I need well enough. The Blackberry VKB is excellent for a slab.
    That said, I really do prefer the PKB. I can almost touch type on it now, while I find myself making so many errors on the Motion in comparison.
    RWIndiana likes this.
    02-05-19 03:51 PM
    Contact TCL and inquire about a Motion 2 device. I would be fine with a 2 year release time frame. Usually most people upgrade every 2-3 years anyways. And an all touch BlackBerry Motion is a must for the majority that prefer all touch with a BBRY touch and feel.
    05-02-19 06:12 AM
    And an all touch BlackBerry Motion is a must for the majority that prefer all touch with a BBRY touch and feel.
    While that certainly holds true for the general Android user, it doesn't seem to with the traditional BlackBerry user - as sales of the Aurora, Motion, and Evolve would seem to indicate.
    05-02-19 07:00 AM
    I think a good all touch around the same time as the PRIV might have done alright. Pretty hard to sell an all touch without a good camera.
    05-02-19 07:33 PM
    Does anyone have any inside information as to whether BlackBerry intends to come out with anymore all touch screen devices that aren't just for sale in India?
    My view the probably will waiting 5G network fix up the antenna's for new phone.
    If now launch new 4G phone will be out dated.
    In near future all phones will operation 5G network.
    buda atum likes this.
    05-07-19 05:02 AM
    My view the probably will waiting 5G network fix up the antenna's for new phone.
    If now launch new 4G phone will be out dated.
    In near future all phones will operation 5G network.
    Supposedly coming out under the Alcatel brand as a 7 model . Kind of a flagship for TCL . Supposedly in Europe first.
    05-07-19 06:34 PM
    I hope they do. My son is still on his priv (with the stupid red line). He wants another slab phone. A priv2 or a Motion2.

I would have paid to fixed that screen a long time ago after BB could not figure out their own order page to fix for free

I was surprised to hear him say he doesn't want a keyboard.. He used to love them. He's still about BB, though. Now it's slab BB
    05-07-19 08:43 PM
    I hope they do. My son is still on his priv (with the stupid red line). He wants another slab phone. A priv2 or a Motion2.

I would have paid to fixed that screen a long time ago
    He went for vac and his Priv broke and so.. no new Priv or Motion had come out so he bought an iPhone
    omg!
    He was a BlackBerry supported, but you lost him.

I was shocked when he came home with it!

I am still with the need to go with Albert Degin phone... which will never happen.

I can't even begin to know what I would do with my Password Keeper if I got something else ... and I like the hub
    07-30-19 02:56 PM
    He went for vac and his Priv broke and so.. no new Priv or Motion had come out so he bought an iPhone
    omg!
    He was a BlackBerry supported, but you lost him.

I was shocked when he came home with it!

I am still with the need to go with Albert Degin phone... which will never happen.

I can't even begin to know what I would do with my Password Keeper if I got something else ... and I like the hub
    You export the Password Keeper data to standard .csv files and then import it into Keychain (for iOS) or whatever Password Management app you want. But if you like the HUB and want to use Password Keeper, any Android Phone will work.... with the suite installed.

Bottom line there weren't enough people supporting the Motion for them to keep making them, much less make another one. Even if BBMo was thinking about that long promised 3rd phone from two years ago.... Optiemus Evolve flop has cured them of that.
    towngirl likes this.
    07-30-19 03:05 PM
    I think the Motion tanked pretty badly. I honestly don't think there will be a successor to the Motion. I love the phone, but I really miss the PKB, so I'll be getting a KEY3 as soon as it's out
    There is no evidence the Motion tanked. They had a set amount to sell and did so. They sold what they sold, they should eventually replace it with a Motion 2.
    09-12-19 06:58 AM
    There is no evidence the Motion tanked. They had a set amount to sell and did so. They sold what they sold, they should eventually replace it with a Motion 2.
    The Motion tanked... as has every BB VKB device since the BB Storm ten years ago
    John Albert likes this.
    09-12-19 07:02 AM
    The Motion tanked... as has every BB VKB device since the BB Storm ten years ago
    They don't know how to sell BlackBerry, any more.

Plus, needs to be competitive with other phones.
    09-12-19 04:45 PM
    They don't know how to sell BlackBerry, any more.

Plus, needs to be competitive with other phones.
    BBAndroid costs more so that’s an extra cost. Licensing the name is an extra cost. If you eliminate the BBAndroid and make just a VKB, then what’s the advantage to licensing the BB name? So if you put on plain Android, what’s left ? TCL Plex is an example of why there’s no BB VKB after the Motion, Evolve and won’t be.
    towngirl likes this.
    09-12-19 05:59 PM
    Nope. Your idea of "tanked" does not align with BlackBerry's. If every VKB BB had "tanked," BlackBerry wouldn't have continued building and evolving them. Let's look at the list:

Storm
    Storm 2
    Torch (a slider PKB but primarily a VKB)
    Torch 2
    Z10
    Z30
    Z5
    Priv (another slider PKB that was primarily a VKB)
    Motion (built by another company under the BlackBerry name)

I don't think any company would continue to build NINE devices that were failures. Not all companies have the same sales/profit targets for their devices. Porsche sells fewer 911s in a year than Ford sells Mustangs in a month. Does that mean the 911 tanks in the market? Of course not!
    buda atum likes this.
    09-24-19 11:18 AM
    Nope. Your idea of "tanked" does not align with BlackBerry's. If every VKB BB had "tanked," BlackBerry wouldn't have continued building and evolving them. Let's look at the list:

Storm
    Storm 2
    Torch (a slider PKB but primarily a VKB)
    Torch 2
    Z10
    Z30
    Z5
    Priv (another slider PKB that was primarily a VKB)
    Motion (built by another company under the BlackBerry name)

I don't think any company would continue to build NINE devices that were failures. Not all companies have the same sales/profit targets for their devices. Porsche sells fewer 911s in a year than Ford sells Mustangs in a month. Does that mean the 911 tanks in the market? Of course not!
    The Storm were VZW only and Torch were AT&T only and were attempts to go VKB in different scenarios. BB10 failed completely and was just using the components up that were already paid for. VKB were such failures that after the PRIV, the DTEK were just rebadged Alcatel hardware. Other than Storm and Motion, I own every BB VKB device and yes, they were abysmal failures as far as sales go.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-24-19 11:24 AM
    ... Other than Storm and Motion, I own every BB VKB device and yes, they were abysmal failures as far as sales go.
    According to you. See my previous response then explain to us all why BlackBerry would continue building "sales failures." Thanks for reminding me about the DTEK devices. So that would be a total of ELEVEN devices that were failures in whatever sales goals you've decided would be successful. The DTEK devices were never actually intended to be big in the market. They were merely segues to get BB fans ready for the move to Android. Hence why they never received any updates or support.
    09-24-19 11:36 AM
    According to you. See my previous response then explain to us all why BlackBerry would continue building "sales failures." Thanks for reminding me about the DTEK devices. So that would be a total of ELEVEN devices that were failures in whatever sales goals you've decided would be successful. The DTEK devices were never actually intended to be big in the market. They were merely segues to get BB fans ready for the move to Android. Hence why they never received any updates or support.
    We already moved to Android with the PRIV the year before. The DTEK were simply TCL and BB measure for VKB hardware. The fact that BB VKB form has been a failure can be determined in multiple logical conclusions.

Carriers want hardware that sells. The carriers never supported BB VKB hardware because it doesn’t sell enough. As failed as the BB PKB has been of recent, the BB VKB Motion has failed even more with lower sales due to low to no carrier support just like the DTEK earlier.

The only reason there were four Z series BB10 was there was that much components already purchased from commitments entered into previously. BB continued to build VKB failures just to dump whatever components it could on whoever bought whatever.

KEYone, KEYone BE, Key2 and Key2 LE all introduced versus just the Motion in all of TCL markets.

Aurora - Flop, Evolve - Flop and Evolve X never even produced....

Everyone here complaining about lack of Key2 for purchase in USA but nobody even cared to notice that Motion had zero carrier support in USA or that it wasn’t available for official channel purchase few months after introduction. That’s because it sold that poorly. Carriers and the OEM have the data. TCL will offer the Plex without the BB license. That’s simply because the history of BB VKB failures after even they and the other licensees gave BB VKB a chance. If BB licensing continues, it won’t be a VKB form.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-24-19 01:36 PM
78 1234