Does anyone have any inside information as to whether BlackBerry intends to come out with anymore all touch screen devices that aren't just for sale in India?
    11-14-18 07:21 PM
    Does anyone have any inside information as to whether BlackBerry intends to come out with anymore all touch screen devices that aren't just for sale in India?
    BlackBerry doesn't intend to ever produce hardware.

Optiemus makes BlackBerry-branded phones for India, and TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) makes BlackBerry-branded phones for the rest of the world.

We have no idea what may be coming next from either company.
    11-14-18 07:51 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't intend to ever produce hardware.

Optiemus makes BlackBerry-branded phones for India, and TCL (BlackBerry Mobile) makes BlackBerry-branded phones for the rest of the world.

We have no idea what may be coming next from either company.
    We know he meant BBmo...
    My waters tell me to expect a Motion 2, no evidence, just a feeling!!
    Probably, wishful thinking. I love the Motion and would get a revamped one.
    Improved camera, dual speakers, IP68, more creative uses for the Home button that scrolled on one update in a jerky way, and then went back to notification shade opening, but same screen and same big battery. I'd keep the things that make it 'Blackberry': e.g keep the convenience key (unlike the Evolve). And make the design as individual as it is now.

In sum, a Motion 2 that builds on all that is good with the current Motion.
    oldsoul123 and Gajja like this.
    11-15-18 04:45 AM
    We know he meant BBmo...
    I often respond more generally for the benefit of those who don't. You never know where a Google search may send someone.
    anon(8980596) likes this.
    11-15-18 05:37 AM
    Blackberry Mobile will be so shortsighted if they don't recognize that there are many BlackBerry fans that prefer a full screen full touch BlackBerry over a pkb version. I'm on a Motion right now and expecting a Motion 2 in the near future. If not, this BB fan with his family may be looking for another reliable brand. I don't want to and it's not a threat.. just a fact. Here's to hoping that's BlackBerry Mobile does the right thing and soon.
    11-15-18 05:51 AM
    I too prefer the van, but also the security of a Blackberry. I have had the Z10,Z30 and now the Motion. If there is no new model coming, I will use this phone until the apps stop working, then figure out something.
    branflakes, oldsoul123 and Gajja like this.
    11-15-18 06:25 AM
    Damn you autocorrect... I prefer the VKB ..... But vans are okay. I wouldn't want to upset van lovers everywhere.
    11-15-18 06:27 AM
    Blackberry Mobile will be so shortsighted if they don't recognize that there are many BlackBerry fans that prefer a full screen full touch BlackBerry over a pkb version. I'm on a Motion right now and expecting a Motion 2 in the near future. If not, this BB fan with his family may be looking for another reliable brand. I don't want to and it's not a threat.. just a fact. Here's to hoping that's BlackBerry Mobile does the right thing and soon.
    The only relevant factor is whether "many" convert to sufficient ROI.
    wikison likes this.
    11-15-18 07:32 AM
    TCL doesn't seem to be too interested in the VKB realm. Optiemus on the other hand seems more willing. That having been said, as many have pointed out, their offerings are for a very limited market.
    Last edited by jackcarr; 11-16-18 at 01:38 AM.
    11-15-18 03:04 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I almost upgraded my Priv to a Samsung Galaxy s8 when Telus told me that the Motion was discontinued, but they managed to find two, and brought them in for my wife and I.
    11-15-18 03:08 PM
    I think if Enterprise had been a buyer.... a VKB might have been necessary. But with BBMo mainly being a PKB consumer option, not much room for a ROI.
    11-16-18 09:44 AM
    I too prefer the van, but also the security of a Blackberry. I have had the Z10,Z30 and now the Motion. If there is no new model coming, I will use this phone until the apps stop working, then figure out something.
    I'm hoping for a Motion 2 to replace my Priv. I've been buying all-touch BlackBerrys except where they have arrived sooner than my replacement schedule, therefore skipped over the Z30, DTEKs and Motion, but had most of the others.
    11-16-18 10:25 AM
    should've got Z30 best phone BlackBerry ever made I'm on motion now
    bigjman likes this.
    11-17-18 06:29 AM
    That's not a concern for BB users. Haven't you learnt anything by now!!!
    11-17-18 12:06 PM
    Tot india is coming launch Evolve.the spec is higher than Motion , except no water resistance.if that is new motion 2, spec hope to fix with 6G RAM ,64G,128G ,and processor octa 2.2GHz.
    11-17-18 08:31 PM
    I, too, am waiting for a Motion 2. After the Z30, the Motion is my favorite phone to date.
    I am looking at other phones, but most are missing some feature I love about this phone: great battery, great VKB, water-resistant, SD card.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion
    11-17-18 09:32 PM
    Tot india is coming launch Evolve.the spec is higher than Motion , except no water resistance.if that is new motion 2, spec hope to fix with 6G RAM ,64G,128G ,and processor octa 2.2GHz.
    And no convenience key
    11-19-18 11:24 AM
    should've got Z30 best phone BlackBerry ever made I'm on motion now
    I had a Z30. I like the Motion better though.
    11-19-18 05:17 PM
    We know he meant BBmo...
    My waters tell me to expect a Motion 2, no evidence, just a feeling!!
    Probably, wishful thinking. I love the Motion and would get a revamped one.
    Improved camera, dual speakers, IP68, more creative uses for the Home button that scrolled on one update in a jerky way, and then went back to notification shade opening, but same screen and same big battery. I'd keep the things that make it 'Blackberry': e.g keep the convenience key (unlike the Evolve). And make the design as individual as it is now.

In sum, a Motion 2 that builds on all that is good with the current Motion.
    This!!

I would definitely buy.
    11-19-18 06:10 PM
    Have said this before, but this is the first phone I've ever had that I have no desire for an upgrade. Works great as is. Funny thing is...when I bought it...I thought I would regret getting it because of no physical keyboard.
    11-20-18 08:56 AM
    I consider the Motion the best BlackBerry I have owned, to date.

Storm>Storm2>9850>Z10>Z30>PRIV>DTEK50>DTEK60>Motio n
    11-20-18 09:01 AM
    Have said this before, but this is the first phone I've ever had that I have no desire for an upgrade. Works great as is. Funny thing is...when I bought it...I thought I would regret getting it because of no physical keyboard.
    Surprisingly, I have the same opinion.
    Jake2826 and oldsoul123 like this.
    11-20-18 10:59 PM
    Me too!!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60>Motion
    oldsoul123 likes this.
    11-25-18 05:23 AM
    Maybe your wish will be granted next spring.
    11-25-18 05:58 AM
    I think the Motion tanked pretty badly. I honestly don't think there will be a successor to the Motion. I love the phone, but I really miss the PKB, so I'll be getting a KEY3 as soon as it's out
    11-25-18 11:39 AM
78 123 ...