You don't think that stock Android has inherent privacy issues? Not saying that Blackberry solved those, but it would seem that most of the privacy issues are stemming from Google's data collection practices.
    What's the difference in stock Android and BlackBerry's Android when it comes to Google's data collection?

I just don't see Google as this evil entity that doing something bad with the data that they collect. I do try to limit some of the collection that they do.... But in the end, no matter the device... I use their products.
    07-10-18 08:36 AM
    Optimus Ghost?
    That really interests me. I like the Dtek60, but would prefer more internal memory and better battery. Motion is not enough of an upgrade to the Detek60.

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    07-13-18 08:34 PM
    That really interests me. I like the Dtek60, but would prefer more internal memory and better battery. Motion is not enough of an upgrade to the Detek60.

Unfortunately, Optiemus will never get their act together and partner with TCL.
    07-13-18 09:25 PM
    Unfortunately, Optiemus will never get their act together and partner with TCL.
    But maybe TCL will come up with something similar? Wishful thinking !!
    towngirl likes this.
    07-13-18 09:40 PM
    But maybe TCL will come up with something similar? Wishful thinking !!
    I doubt it because the Motion has been unsuccessful. The same way that Optiemus subcontracted the KEYone from TCL, I was hoping TCL would purchase from Optiemus with correct TCL regional variants. That would give Optiemus serious wholesale scale.

All the BB licensees need to find a way to offer the VKB option with optimal scale cooperatively.
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    07-13-18 10:21 PM
    Probably the reason it's unsuccessful is because BB is not keeping up with camera specs. Yet, is not the price of a cheaper phone that has a lower end camera.

You have to be cheap for less fortunate or supreme high end so people with money Want it.

Not enough of us BB supporters to keep it going.

If they bring out a high end, with great camera... I will be first in line to by it.
    07-14-18 10:24 AM

I think it is. There is a huge difference in performance for me.
    07-15-18 02:03 AM
    I think it is. There is a huge difference in performance for me.
    Camera?
    07-15-18 05:23 AM
    Camera?
    The camera is more than adequate for my purposes. If I want to take very high quality photographs I'd buy a camera. I'm looking for other things in a phone.
    Gajja likes this.
    07-15-18 05:26 AM
    Camera?
    Could be better but I had priv and it was pretty good.

I also was going to get DTEK60 but I couldn't get my hands on one. They don't seem to sell it, anymore.

Now, if the priv had the same ubs cord (type c) as Motion, I think mine would not have died. Much more stable.
    Gajja likes this.
    07-15-18 06:09 AM
    Probably the reason it's unsuccessful is because BB is not keeping up with camera specs. Yet, is not the price of a cheaper phone that has a lower end camera.

You have to be cheap for less fortunate or supreme high end so people with money Want it.

Not enough of us BB supporters to keep it going.

If they bring out a high end, with great camera... I will be first in line to by it.
    The cost to license BB name and develop BBAndroid is where the money goes and the solution is mid tier specs. If volume can ever be reasonably increased, that may change. For now, that’s simply the dilemma. Check out new Alcatel line if you want to swap out BBAndroid for possible better specs or lower pricing.
    07-15-18 09:54 AM
    The cost to license BB name and develop BBAndroid is where the money goes and the solution is mid tier specs. If volume can ever be reasonably increased, that may change. For now, that’s simply the dilemma. Check out new Alcatel line if you want to swap out BBAndroid for possible better specs or lower pricing.
    I prefer BB. And so, I just want better specs... and no lag.

It's not price. I had another phone, double the price, I returned to get a BB.

I was slightly unhappy with the cam on the new phone so I decided to get a Motion. And I am waiting on their next phone.

A good BB phone (with great camera), I will buy it. No matter how much they suck me for

How can they go wrong if they make a phone the Reviewers say it's worth it to buy??

So the fact that they have to license BB, is not an excuse. Make what people want or they will go down the tubes.

At least the k1 was more of a success then they hoped for. It's a start but they have a long way to go ... unless they make the Albert design .. In Canada, for the love of God, so I can have one
    07-15-18 10:47 AM
    Still pretty impressed with my Motion after nearly 8 months of use. Does everything I need it to then some w/o any fuss.

The main areas for improvement would be, the camera, a bit more onboard storage (64 / 128GB), a better SoC (this should be a given), and a RAM boost as well. Expandable storage needs to be retained.

So I suppose, as others have already mentioned, similar to the KEY2s specs would be fine although the jury is still out on its camera. Price needs to be kept a bay as well, a reasonable increase is OK but too high and I believe they'll shoot themselves in the foot.
    I agree on all those forward looking points. Also it needs to keep up with where other manufacturers will be at when it gets released. And don't make it any bigger I need my smartphones to be easy on the front trouser pocket :-)
    07-18-18 05:45 AM
    I doubt it because the Motion has been unsuccessful. The same way that Optiemus subcontracted the KEYone from TCL, I was hoping TCL would purchase from Optiemus with correct TCL regional variants. That would give Optiemus serious wholesale scale.

All the BB licensees need to find a way to offer the VKB option with optimal scale cooperatively.
    Interesting I'm a prime potential buyer for the Motion, but the odds are in favour of me skipping it and buying whatever is the "Motion 2" quite simply because it's not all that long since I bought the current device, a Priv, which has turned out to be a pretty good device in the long run, and it's still doing it's job for me quite nicely :-)
    07-18-18 05:53 AM
    Interesting I'm a prime potential buyer for the Motion, but the odds are in favour of me skipping it and buying whatever is the "Motion 2" quite simply because it's not all that long since I bought the current device, a Priv, which has turned out to be a pretty good device in the long run, and it's still doing it's job for me quite nicely :-)
    The PRIV is not from the same company as Motion. BB made the PRIV and exited hardware couple of years ago. The Motion is from BBMo/TCL which licenses the BlackBerry name but makes their own devices. Not sure if you know this, but just wanted to mention. There’s no certainty of when or if the next VKB comes out with any of three regional licensees of BlackBerry.
    07-18-18 06:51 AM
    The PRIV is not from the same company as Motion. BB made the PRIV and exited hardware couple of years ago. The Motion is from BBMo/TCL which licenses the BlackBerry name but makes their own devices. Not sure if you know this, but just wanted to mention. There’s no certainty of when or if the next VKB comes out with any of three regional licensees of BlackBerry.
    True. While there is no certainty in the yes (or no) direction I will keep happily using the Priv and I will watch with optimism and interest :-)
    07-20-18 06:57 AM
    My Z30 was still my favorite BB. I like the Motion better than the DTEK60 that I had for a year. But the ongoing intermittent wifi (and battery life decrease) since the Feb/March update is making me question BB. They keep telling me it is a known issue that has been escalated, with no estimate of a fix. That is now 4 months or so? And their recommendation until the fix is done is to downgrade to WEP on the router??? I did get quite a laugh from the BB support emails telling me my case was now closed... Like your mechanic telling you your smoking engine is fine because he cant figure out what the problem is.
    07-20-18 05:00 PM
67 123