I'm unsure if this is a product of the water/dust proofing, but I find I have a lot of issues with picking up sound on the phone. Many times on phone calls people complain they can't hear me. And often when I take video, the sound it picks up is very low...
    02-22-18 02:05 PM
    Many have had that issue.....

I'd do a Factor Reset and test the phone a little... still have an issue contact the seller or BBMo for support.
    02-22-18 02:39 PM
    Many have had that issue.....

I'd do a Factor Reset and test the phone a little... still have an issue contact the seller or BBMo for support.
    And does the factory reset often solve the issue?
    02-22-18 03:47 PM
    It helps rule out it being software...

But no most with the issue have had to return the device for a new one.
    02-22-18 03:53 PM
    *#2886# --> MANU --> Audio --> first 2 tests will be for the speaker, you can just pass those, the next 2 will be for the microphones. For the first test, please put the phone to your ear and try speaking in it. You should hear some sort of echo.

For the second test, please tap on /move your finger around the top microphone ( on top of the device). You should hear a sound coming from the phone whenever you move your finger on it/slide your finger alongside it.
    02-22-18 05:25 PM
    *#2886# --> MANU --> Audio --> first 2 tests will be for the speaker, you can just pass those, the next 2 will be for the microphones. For the first test, please put the phone to your ear and try speaking in it. You should hear some sort of echo.

For the second test, please tap on /move your finger around the top microphone ( on top of the device). You should hear a sound coming from the phone whenever you move your finger on it/slide your finger alongside it.
    Sorry, can you explain a bit further about this test? Is this found in the file directory?
    02-26-18 05:58 PM
    Open your phone app and key in the alphanumerics to begin the test. It allows a series of h/w tests to be run.
    02-27-18 02:07 AM
    No mic problems here, calls are clear and loud on both sides, both cell and WiFi calls.

BB Motion BBD100-2 on T-Mobile
    02-27-18 11:24 AM
    Open your phone app and key in the alphanumerics to begin the test. It allows a series of h/w tests to be run.
    I'll be sure to test this out and post the results.

Anecdotally, if I hold the phone in such a way where my hand is not cupping the bottom of the phone, I feel like the sound is not making it to the microphone. Happens 25% of the time I talk on my phone. At first I thought it was bad reception. But it's fixed by doing things like putting the phone in front of my face, and making it horizontal so that the microphone is pointing at my face. But, I use my Bluetooth headset most of the time, and that has a 100% success rate.
    02-27-18 02:09 PM
    Ok, I tried the tests, and the microphones work. So... Not sure what the problem is.

But I'm not convinced the microphones are just not that good. I take a lot of photos and videos of my kids. I'm going back and watching them now, and the sound is bad. Then I talk to my kids from behind the phone, and it's just so loud. Incredibly disappointing. I'm reviewing all videos I used to take on my Z30 now, and those microphones picked up so much more. I need to turn down my speakers when switching from Motion vids to Z30 vids.

Unfortunately, it works just enough that I don't know if I can be bothered to send it in claiming issues...
    03-03-18 11:35 PM
    I did the test on my top microphone and it wasn't working, does that mean there is nothing more I can do? Is there any way I can disable it and make the phone use the one that does work?

It only effects Skype video, WhatsApp video calling etc, making calls using these apps work fine

Many thanks
    06-18-18 12:16 PM
    No
    07-08-18 12:51 PM
    Hello
    I just start my new BB Motion after Bold, Z and Priv
    Every one that i call told me that not hear me well
    I have to speak very lound to hear me !
    What is happen to my mic ? Is it a problem at this telephone or i need to do something to make stronger my microphone ?
    09-21-18 01:54 PM
    I bought my Motion used. It has been working just fantastic for about a week. This morning, the microphone on phone calls stopped working just randomly. It also will not record sound in the Voice Recorder app. (I'm not sure which mic that uses.) The mic for the speaker option works fine, if I am on a phone call and switch to speaker.

I ran the hardware tests initiated with the alphanumeric sequence. The mic fails.

a) How does this happen? It was working one minute and then not the next. (I connected my car Bluetooth in between when it was working and wasn't.)

b) Is there anything I can do to fix this, besides take it / send it for repair?

I have done a reset - I think. I used to use the 32-second reset on my Priv, and I tried something similar on the Motion. I press and hold power through 3 vibration/Android start screens, but it only takes about 20 seconds. Is that the way to do a reset? Within the hardware test, there is a "factory reset" option? If I choose that, do I lose my apps and anything stored on internal memory?

I am very confused about this. I have bought new and used Blackberry's since the first Pearl came out. I have *never* had any issues that just happened. I have not dropped this phone, or subjected it to any kind of stress. It's very frustrating.

Many thanks to anyone who can offer guidance.
    08-16-19 09:34 AM