Hi all,

A friend of mine is having a little issue getting LTE on his Motion with Freedom Mobile.

I'm aware that the Motion has band 66 and some of the other bands that support LTE. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get LTE?

I know that the Key 1 didn't get LTE on Freedom but I am also wondering about the KEY 2 for myself if I buy one soon.

He appears to only be getting 4 G for Freedom which I believe is HSPA+ or 3.5G.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-23-19 02:03 PM
    Hi all,

A friend of mine is having a little issue getting LTE on his Motion with Freedom Mobile.

I'm aware that the Motion has band 66 and some of the other bands that support LTE. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get LTE?

I know that the Key 1 didn't get LTE on Freedom but I am also wondering about the KEY 2 for myself if I buy one soon.

He appears to only be getting 4 G for Freedom which I believe is HSPA+ or 3.5G.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Your friend probably needs to get a new SIM for LTE to function. I know my partner had to do that with her Motion.

Key2 should work just fine on Freedom, just make sure you have the correct SIM.
    05-23-19 02:48 PM
    Your friend probably needs to get a new SIM for LTE to function. I know my partner had to do that with her Motion.

Key2 should work just fine on Freedom, just make sure you have the correct SIM.

Thanks for the suggestion but he's a new client with Freedom so I suspect he got the latest SIM?

I just wanted to confirm, are you a Motion and Freedom user? I just want to make sure that he can get LTE on the Motion from Freedom 100%

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-23-19 04:51 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion but he's a new client with Freedom so I suspect he got the latest SIM?

I just wanted to confirm, are you a Motion and Freedom user? I just want to make sure that he can get LTE on the Motion from Freedom 100%

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a Motion user but I am on Freedom. On forums elsewhere, there are a few people posting who are using a Motion on Freedom. I remember when I switched devices and could only get 3G+ (they call it 4G), I was in and out of the store for about 2 weeks trying to hook up to LTE. Turns out, the LTE profile needed to be activated at the carrier's end and it was all dealt with in a phone call. I would suggest your friend calls in and asks if they could check to see if the profile has been activated.
    05-24-19 05:31 AM
    I'm with freedom and I asked for the LTE card , and of course " LTE " it's showing on the screen
    05-24-19 07:44 PM