It went missing 3 days ago, Sept 4, and calls go straight to voicemail. I've posted a reward for it on local Craigslist and nextdoor. Any other ideas or hope for getting it back?
    The screen was locked needing a pattern to unlock. What's the possibility of this phone being usable by someone else? But Please don't give a detailed description of how to!
    09-07-19 01:45 PM
    Did you go to Find My Device and see if it can find it?
    hatchaholic likes this.
    09-07-19 01:52 PM
    ...duuuhhh...guess I oughtta look that up...
    09-07-19 02:23 PM
    Hopefully it will show located in your sofa cushions..
    09-07-19 02:24 PM

hopefully it helps!
    09-07-19 02:32 PM
    ...um...what is Find My Device? Searching on here but can't get the 3 words linked together.
    09-07-19 02:37 PM
    Dammit, I never set it up. And never had location on unless navigating. Looked in the cushions one more time too.
    09-07-19 02:52 PM
    Lost mine last week. Used Find my Device app and located it in the cafe I'd been in. They'd kept it for me. I was lucky this time.

Install that app!!
    09-07-19 03:07 PM
    can't you go to android.com/find ? isn't this automatic when using Google services? i don't recall setting it up. ----- i gotta ask. is stolen or lost code for 'set down while inebriated?'
    09-07-19 03:14 PM
    That might've made it worth it! Was running a bunch of errands when I noticed it wasn't in my pocket any more. Figured I'd find it in the car when I had the time but that didn't happen til the next day. And wasn't in the car. And wasn't in the places or parking lots I'd gone to. waaaaHH!
    09-07-19 05:02 PM
    That might've made it worth it! Was running a bunch of errands when I noticed it wasn't in my pocket any more. Figured I'd find it in the car when I had the time but that didn't happen til the next day. And wasn't in the car. And wasn't in the places or parking lots I'd gone to. waaaaHH!
    I believe location services must be turned on in order for device location to function properly if memory serves me.
    09-07-19 05:19 PM
    ...um...what is Find My Device? Searching on here but can't get the 3 words linked together.
    I did "find my device" from a Search engine from laptop, because I can find my bookmark, at the moment.

However, I believe you have to set it up with your phone, initially
    Not sure you have done that.
    09-07-19 07:38 PM
    09-07-19 07:41 PM
    Thanks MucHo but unfortunately I don't think I ever set it up and don't think I even ever had a google acct. I don't have any gmail acct. Not a fan of the G. I def should have paid more attention to the possibility of needing to find my phone.
    09-07-19 08:41 PM
    Thanks MucHo but unfortunately I don't think I ever set it up and don't think I even ever had a google acct. I don't have any gmail acct. Not a fan of the G. I def should have paid more attention to the possibility of needing to find my phone.
    At the very least, Google to set up phone in case it gets lost. I did it on laptop. Worth it.
    09-09-19 10:03 AM
    At the very least, Google to set up phone in case it gets lost. I did it on laptop. Worth it.
    Yeah, create an account that you only use to setup, buy apps and backup the phone...
    09-09-19 11:30 AM
    Was using FDroid to get apps. I remember having an app called Plan B for finding a lost phone on the last Android I had to not use a G app but spoze still depended on G for it's function. And probably had to pay for it w google...so must've had an acct....
    Well I'll def check w yall on the next one.
    09-09-19 12:10 PM
    Can the SD card be accessed on another device?
    09-09-19 06:12 PM
    If not specifically encrypted, yes it's wide open by default.
    09-09-19 11:50 PM
    All depends on the option you selected when you loaded up the SD card. If you selected to keep it as portable storage, then yes, it can be removed and read by any computer.

If you formatted it to be internal storage, then it is solely formatted to the device it's in. If you remove it, it's basically useless.

Usually keeping it as "portable" is best from a convenience aspect. But in your case, "internal" would be good as it can't be used elsewhere when removed from your lost device.
    09-10-19 12:03 PM

It was external. Nothing at all important on it to anyone but me.Wish I'd backed up more often.
    09-10-19 12:28 PM
    3 days ago reported to my carrier that it was gone but checking it's IMEI for blacklist it's still showing up clean.
    09-10-19 12:31 PM

It was external. Nothing at all important on it to anyone but me.Wish I'd backed up more often.
    Never backed up to One Drive? (See you not a fan of Google or Google photos) Bummer. I take no chances these days. The images and memories captured are priceless to me and our family.
    09-10-19 05:48 PM
    Never backed up to One Drive? (See you not a fan of Google or Google photos) Bummer. I take no chances these days. The images and memories captured are priceless to me and our family.
    I pay for a OneDrive for Business account so that I'm not sharing data with Microsoft, but all my files are constantly backed up. My attitude for every one of my devices is that I should be able to toss them off a boat in the middle of the ocean and not worry about losing a single byte of data that I care about. That goes for phones. laptops, desktops and tablets.

I'm very sorry for the loss of the Motion in this instance and encourage everyone to imagine the sudden loss of their phone before it happens.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-10-19 07:00 PM