For that price, you can do much better. Also, keep in mind that BlackBerry doesn't seem to be giving support past 2 years, so the whole "security" thing may not be such an important point like they want us to think
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    02-09-18 07:33 AM
    For that price, you can do much better. Also, keep in mind that BlackBerry doesn't seem to be giving support past 2 years, so the whole "security" thing may not be such an important point like they want us to think
    BlackBerry Mobile said a MINIMUM of two years of updates.

Their first device doesn't hit that mark for another 15 months, so we won't know until then.
    02-09-18 07:41 AM
    McDonald's isn't just any company. They make billions a year and still turned away from a failing product. 2 years max and you will never see a blackberry phone again.
    But the BlackBerry brand is not a failing product for TCL. Initial demand was in fact double what they had planned for.

It is Alcatel that is struggling in NA, but I suspect that situation will improve with TCL's big gains in the NA TV market as name recognition grows.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    02-09-18 07:44 AM
    TCL is a $20 billion dollar a year company with 100,000 employees that is doing very well.

The "phone unit" is an arbitrary delineation for accounting purposes and remains a firm component of their Western strategy - along with TVs. No worries here.

As far as BlackBerry is concerned, software licensing is still a high-margin business, and won't be going anywhere for a while.

Sorry but "divisions" that do poorly get shutdown all the time, see BlackBerry Hardware for an example.

TCL Corporation has shown no interest in fixing TCL Communications during the last two years of it's pretty step decline - 30% in 2016 followed by 39% in 2017. The time to prop them up would have been when the decline first started and they were still a major player. With TCL Corporation selling off a 49% interest in TCL Communications to several investment groups for only $63 Million (US), that sounds more like trying to divest than invest. Sure the TCL Corp. CEO said smartphones are still important too their overall strategy, just like Chen two years ago said BB10 was still important to BlackBerry. Corporate people say all sorts of "positive" things to try and limit further damage of a bad situation. To be honest I think the TCL Brand is now more valuable than using Alcatel.... but they in fact pulled all use of the TCL Brand on devices.

In the end, would money fix TCL Communications immediate problems? If that's all it took, don't think LG and Sony would be retreating as they are.
    02-09-18 08:00 AM
    Sorry but "divisions" that do poorly get shutdown all the time,
    Sure.

Likewise, 'divisions" that are unprofitable on their own merits, but are part of a larger strategy, are propped up all the time.

The best predictors are overall company strength and strategic vision - BlackBerry had neither (for devices).
    02-09-18 08:05 AM
    Sure.

Likewise, 'divisions" that are unprofitable on their own merits, but are part of a larger strategy, are propped up all the time.

The best predictors are overall company strength and strategic vision - BlackBerry had neither (for devices).
    Even if BBMo posts a profit some people here will find something wrong with it. If it's a BlackBerry, it must be losing money. Lol.
    02-09-18 08:58 AM
    So... getting back to the original question, (dodging Geek feeding frenzies and market digressions); I wanted a phone that would work on T-mo: especially wifi-calling; that would have a super battery and that -- though Android -- roughly duplicate the BB OS 10 experience. I also wanted more screen real-estate as I read and take notes on my device. Also, I will occasionally be using on my motorcycle, so getting wet is likely. The Motion works for me. And... I like it a lot.
    02-09-18 09:35 AM
    I take reviews with a grain of salt. Bla1ze and Crackberry Kevin are very biased
    Lol so if it's a good review your all for it, but if it's a bad review you pay no attention to it.. FYI it's the same reviewers that praised the KEYᴼᴺᴱ.. As for myself reviews is what makes my decisions for me when it comes to phones.
    02-09-18 11:39 AM
    I've had the phone a week and love it. I don't consider it overpriced for what my needs are....few phones in this price tag that are water resistant.

Build quality is excellent. Phone is smooth to operate. I'm coming from a Priv, and am impressed by the improvement.

Battery life is insanely great. Screen is nice and big. I suppose there are better screens out there, but this one is bright and a good resolution for me.

Camera seems about the same as the Priv, so, just average. Front facing camera is way better than the Priv.

Decide what your priorities are in a phone, and that will help you figure out if the Motion will meet them.
    02-09-18 11:59 AM
    In the end.... type BlackBerry Motion Review in Google, there are a few dozen write ups and videos that have been done, for the most part they all seem to be the same. Most are a little more critical of the camera and the price than Bla1ze and Kevin's, but then they are going to be a little bias toward it as the should be. Other than those point it's a sold mid-grade handset.

Is kinda strange how many made the comparison to the OnePlus 5T....
    branflakes and Elky64 like this.
    02-09-18 02:09 PM
    it's a great phone, then camera issues are mostly from people who are coming from a phone with a better camera or read into reviews like it's the Bible. honestly, coming from a Z30, the camera is great. low light isn't all that great but it doesn't bother me. only other issue to me is the speaker, that's only because I came from the Z30 which had great speakers. so it really comes down to what you have now in determining whether the Motion will be "better" or "worth it" .
    02-09-18 02:23 PM
    For me, it is the battery life. It's awesome. I can live with the average features like the camera.
    02-09-18 04:29 PM
    It's a Chinese phone using the Blackberry name. Expect poor quality, poor service, and a short lifespan. Blackberry is a software company but still pretending to be a phone company.
    R U having a bad day Glenn? /
    02-18-18 09:54 AM
38 12