I am on the fence with pulling the trigger on the motion , hear alot of bla bla about the camera and such , then u hear alot of the total opossit?
    Which is it . Friend of mines iPhone is all screwed up and I showed them my keyone and a few of the things it can do and she was quite impressed. So what will it be
    ev44 likes this.
    02-06-18 10:31 PM
    02-07-18 03:44 PM
    I like it a lot. the camera is good, but poor in low light, which to me is not that big of an issue. the pluses on the phone (screen size, screen quality, software, sdcard, quality build, battery) for the price point are great. it may not have the fastest processor, but I don't notice it.. just not an issue for what I do on the phone. the biggest plus that has changed the why I use my phone is the battery... I don't even think about how low my battery is... it's not even a consideration throughout my day
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-07-18 05:40 PM
    I like it a lot. the camera is good, but poor in low light, which to me is not that big of an issue. the pluses on the phone (screen size, screen quality, software, sdcard, quality build, battery) for the price point are great. it may not have the fastest processor, but I don't notice it.. just not an issue for what I do on the phone. the biggest plus that has changed the why I use my phone is the battery... I don't even think about how low my battery is... it's not even a consideration throughout my day
    I seconds this 👍

At the end of the day though the only way to know whether a phone is for someone is hands on.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-07-18 06:20 PM
    It's a Chinese phone using the Blackberry name. Expect poor quality, poor service, and a short lifespan. Blackberry is a software company but still pretending to be a phone company.
    02-07-18 08:11 PM
    Still have my Dtek50 which has been flawless and expect same from Motion. Don't listen to iZombies.
    Froboy817 likes this.
    02-07-18 08:17 PM
    It's a Chinese phone using the Blackberry name. Expect poor quality, poor service, and a short lifespan. Blackberry is a software company but still pretending to be a phone company.
    Pure nonsense.

Both TCL/BBMo devices are very well built.

Oh, and welcome to Crackberry - the BlackBerry fan site. And congratulations on your first post to the community.
    Last edited by conite; 02-07-18 at 08:57 PM.
    02-07-18 08:19 PM
    Hey Mikey, try one you might actually like it.
    Q, Pistooli and EndRacism like this.
    02-07-18 08:38 PM
    I am on the fence with pulling the trigger on the motion , hear alot of bla bla about the camera and such , then u hear alot of the total opossit?
    Which is it . Friend of mines iPhone is all screwed up and I showed them my keyone and a few of the things it can do and she was quite impressed. So what will it be

i have been using my Motion for 2 weeks now. I had Z10, a black Passport and then a Silver Passport. I really did not want to leave the Passport but I rely on What's App and that stopped working and them Blackberry Travel stopped and so I knew the end was coming. I originally planned to get the KeyOne but coming from the Passport, I found the keyboard too small and made and incredible number of errors when typing. I do not that problem with the Motion. The other advantage I saw with the motion is the tougher screen and water resistance. I know I am due to drop my phone in the toilet at some point and I don't have to worry about that with the Motion. My biggest learning curve with the Motion is learning Android but I am getting better every day. My only real problem with the Motion is that the BBM would not transfer over properly and I had to set up a new account (but that is not the Motion, that is Android...I have wound up switching to What's App). The key things I am noticing are as follows: 1. battery life is amazing. I rarely get to below 50% and I use it all the time. 2. The phone signal is much better than my Passport. I had all sorts of dead zones in my house and on my drive to work; now I seem to have full coverage. 3. The phone seems really durable. I have dropped it a couple of times and have had no issues. I doubt I will get a case. 4. I used to need a holster for my Passport because it was just a bit too big to put in a suit pocket. The Motion is lighter and sleeker and fits in a number of pockets easily. 5. The convenience/power key issue is not an issues. I read all sorts of reviews that complained about the positioning of the convenience key and mistaking it for the power key. I have not had an issue with that even once. 4. The camera is fine for me. I noticed that my wife's Samsung 8 took better pictures than my Passport but the Motion's pictures seem fine. I have a rental property in the Bahamas that I take photos for my website and those done with the Motion look great. 6. The speaker on the phone works well. I saw lots of reviews that complained about the quality of the speakers but I regularly do calls on speaker phone and have asked my colleagues about the quality and they all say it is as good as my Passport and maybe even a bit better (likely because I am getting a better phone signal). Bottom line is that my only regret is that it will likely be pretty difficult for me to justify getting a new phone in two years because it looks like this one is going to last me a long, long time.
    montberry likes this.
    02-07-18 08:40 PM
    I just received my Motion yesterday in the mail. it's been 27 hours later. I previously had the passport, dtek50 and recently dtek60. I love it. I like the screen and sound quality of the dtek60 much better. I wouldn't have switch if the battery life was better on the dtek60. so far I only charged it once since yesterday. picture is okay, dtek60 was way better. I love the built in files app. they needed that. sadly it's hard to find great case options in the US. wife will be picking me up the flip case while she's in Dubai. price point was great. I was gonna get the pixel 2 xl but the price had me like, nope. lol
    go for it. I did.
    02-07-18 09:18 PM
    Yup, Chinese phone, just like...almost every single phone out there.
    Last edited by the_boon; 02-08-18 at 08:33 AM.
    02-08-18 06:35 AM
    The best thing about the BBAndroid and the KEYone is that it picks up where BB10 and the Passport stopped.
    02-08-18 06:49 AM
    So what, the OP's friend's iphone is also largely chinese built, using a western brand.
    02-08-18 07:18 AM
    OK, enough with that previous incoherent, White House Tweat: The motion is large, which is the only thing I'm trying to get used to, and I have big hands. But it's fast and smooth. Glad I bought it.
    02-08-18 07:41 AM
    The best thing about the BBAndroid and the KEYone is that it picks up where BB10 and the Passport stopped.
    Complete screen lift instead of partial?
    Qorax and melhiore like this.
    02-08-18 10:21 AM
    You will find it’s a nice phone, some have posted about quality and service. If you are coming from any other Android phone, you will see no difference. If coming from Apple then you will see a big difference in service (from the company, not wireless).
    02-08-18 12:01 PM
    I seconds this 👍

At the end of the day though the only way to know whether a phone is for someone is hands on.
    I third (?) this👍

It truly is a marvelous device. The built is very premium and easily rivals high end devices. IP67 for this price is also unique. Battery life is massive. If you're careful it can last you 3 days on one charge.
    Only downside for me is the camera in low light and the speaker is average.

I believe the Motion easily rivals the iPhone 8 Plus and considering the price : it's a much better deal
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-08-18 02:51 PM
    I third (?) this
    ½
    ±

It truly is a marvelous device. The built is very premium and easily rivals high end devices. IP67 for this price is also unique. Battery life is massive. If you're careful it can last you 3 days on one charge.
    Only downside for me is the camera in low light and the speaker is average.

I believe the Motion easily rivals the iPhone 8 Plus and considering the price : it's a much better deal
    The Motion must be good because I've never used a smartphone anywhere near as much as I am now, that battery is obviously a defining factor in this and loving it. I've had no problems getting three full days out of mine either with above average usage.

It's ip67 rating wasn't a "must have" for me but nice that it is there.

Yeah camera definitely won't win any awards for its low light performance that's for sure but I wasn't expecting much here to begin with. Daylight shots even disappointed initially but for some reason it seems to have aged over time and I'm more pleased with the results now, no not anywhere like most of my other phones yet still gets-er-done IMO... Maybe TCL can improve some with an update

Speaker suffices for my use as never been one overly concerned with that aspect. One area that still annoys me though is the convenience key location, finding myself activating it more time that we would like... do disable on occasion if situation warrants it. IMO it should have been on left side about same height as power key.

Overall no regrets purchasing the Motion as it has been my most productive smartphone to date and we didn't have to take out a loan to buy it LOL. Handles everything I throw at it with ease even though it is not considered a power house, its capabilities have impressed me many a times.
    02-08-18 04:45 PM
    TCL's phone business is in trouble. Yes, the Motion and Keyone are TCL phones with the Blackberry logo on them. IT World Canada and others reported in December that TCL phone sales dropped by about 36% in the first half of 2017. Blackberry, now a software company, may eek out a profit on its steadily decreasing revenues, but doing well will require growth of its software business, and that will likely mean further neglect of the phone business.

My first Blackberry phone was the Z10 and it was well made even though it sported the company's increasingly obsolete OS. My first Priv arrived defective but Blackberry still had a recognizable support operation so it was replaced. The second Priv died in less than a year. The DTEK60 arrived in working order but within six or seven month could not hold a charge for a day and that deteriorated even more. No more Blackberry phones for this former customer.
    02-08-18 06:17 PM
    TCL's phone business is in trouble. Yes, the Motion and Keyone are TCL phones with the Blackberry logo on them. IT World Canada and others reported in December that TCL phone sales dropped by about 36% in the first half of 2017. Blackberry, now a software company, may eek out a profit on its steadily decreasing revenues, but doing well will require growth of its software business, and that will likely mean further neglect of the phone business.

My first Blackberry phone was the Z10 and it was well made even though it sported the company's increasingly obsolete OS. My first Priv arrived defective but Blackberry still had a recognizable support operation so it was replaced. The second Priv died in less than a year. The DTEK60 arrived in working order but within six or seven month could not hold a charge for a day and that deteriorated even more. No more Blackberry phones for this former customer.
    Good luck and take care.
    02-08-18 06:21 PM

TCL is a $20 billion dollar a year company with 100,000 employees that is doing very well.

The "phone unit" is an arbitrary delineation for accounting purposes and remains a firm component of their Western strategy - along with TVs. No worries here.

As far as BlackBerry is concerned, software licensing is still a high-margin business, and won't be going anywhere for a while.
    02-08-18 06:21 PM
    Look at the videos on YouTube, just about every review says the Motion Camera is the worst they've ever used and the motion is way over priced. Now I'm notsure how honest the reviews are, but it was enough to get me to not buy it, it's the first BlackBerry ever that I didn't buy on its release date.
    02-08-18 10:09 PM
    BlackBerry does not make them..
    02-08-18 10:10 PM
    In terms of productivity , battery life Motion is a great device . The camera on Motion is OK but not comparable with iPhone.
    Qorax likes this.
    02-09-18 02:53 AM
    Doesn't mean they would continue supporting phones that don't turn a profit. McDonald's use to make pizza. Why don't they make pizza anymore?
    You can use that same argument for any company.

But devices are an important strategic fit for them, and they have just doubled-down by bringing in new expertise to the division.
    02-09-18 06:11 AM
38 12