I dunno why they haven't announced it yet, but I;d sure as heck like to buy one. Anyone else? If so, let it be known here!
    Israel1319 likes this.
    11-17-17 11:16 AM
    "Here" will do nothing.

Start spamming both @bbmobile on Twitter and, for T-Mobile (since he's on Twitter) @johnlegere. That's the best option to get someone's attention.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    11-17-17 11:18 AM
    "Here" will do nothing.
    False. I get tired of reading the same thing over and over and make things happen LOL.
    Rob Phillips likes this.
    11-17-17 11:22 AM
    I'll be sending tweets, because I really want this phone in the US. My PRIV is beyond ready for replacement.
    11-17-17 11:42 AM
    blackberry is practically dead in US. marketing there is hopeless.
    11-17-17 11:43 AM
    False. I get tired of reading the same thing over and over and make things happen LOL.
    Glad to hear that you have the connections to make things happen. Make the connection with Verizon first please. Unfortunately, I believe that you will be disconnected.
    phuoc, zephyr613 and skinnymike1 like this.
    11-17-17 12:00 PM
    Come on Verizon, throw us a bone.
    rjaybe likes this.
    11-17-17 12:09 PM
    I don't believe it, since we were just recently told to BUY IT IN CANADA AND IMPORT IT here, instead of making noise HERE.

Point being if the issue is carrier support (or not wanting to **** them off, since selling through Amazon and Best Buy is a zero-cost option for them as they're already set up as a vendor AND the NA model is already certified AND for sale in Canada) then the means to get it done is to put pressure on the CARRIERS. Since T-Mobile has a "very visible" CEO, well, that path is obvious.

BBMobile has appeared to show zero interest in selling the Motion in the United States despite plenty of indicated interest right here on this part of the forum. Hell, you've got people (myself included) that have already bought CASES for the phone! If that's not essentially proof that I'm a customer IF it is sold here what would be?

It's been not only "radio silence" from BBMobile on if and/or when it will come to the US but Crackberry's alleged visionaries themselves have told us to BUY IT IN CANADA AND EAT THE DUTY if we want one!
    pblakeney likes this.
    11-17-17 12:21 PM
    I don't believe it, since we were just recently told to BUY IT IN CANADA AND IMPORT IT here, instead of making noise HERE.

Point being if the issue is carrier support (or not wanting to **** them off, since selling through Amazon and Best Buy is a zero-cost option for them as they're already set up as a vendor AND the NA model is already certified AND for sale in Canada) then the means to get it done is to put pressure on the CARRIERS. Since T-Mobile has a "very visible" CEO, well, that path is obvious.

BBMobile has appeared to show zero interest in selling the Motion in the United States despite plenty of indicated interest right here on this part of the forum. Hell, you've got people (myself included) that have already bought CASES for the phone! If that's not essentially proof that I'm a customer IF it is sold here what would be?

It's been not only "radio silence" from BBMobile on if and/or when it will come to the US but Crackberry's alleged visionaries themselves have told us to BUY IT IN CANADA AND EAT THE DUTY if we want one!
    It's coming brother, Amazon wouldn't be selling the cases for the motion if there wasn't a U.S. release
    11-17-17 01:16 PM
    To be fair there's really only one or two cases that aren't Alibaba listings -- either directly or someone bought 20 and listed them on Amazon at a 300% markup.

How do I know? I have one of the Alibaba cases that's 'featured' on Spamazon now.... but I got it for far less because I waited the three weeks to get it by "ePacket."

The Incipio case IS listed, true. But Incipio is an existing vendor so it's a zero-cost, zero-hassle listing for them too.

I believe the Motion has a fairly unique position in the US marketplace as things stand today; good luck finding anything with the same or better camera, 4Gb RAM, modern Android releases w/monthly security updates, a full array of sensors (unlike Moto's decontented offering without NFC!) water resistance good enough to accidentally dunk without killing the device and a 4,000mah battery. Never mind that the back isn't glass so unlike the DTEK60 and lots of other "high spec" phones you're not taking a double-risk (one's unavoidable with the screen) in breaking the dang thing if you drop it. In the price segment where the Motion slots ($450 US) there's just nothing there from other vendors that hits those points today. You can go down $100 on price and find the same series of processor but you lose a gig of RAM, step down one level on the camera and whack the battery size (e.g. the new HTC 11.)

Witness the handful of threads here where people are trying to slam the pricing by comparing it against Chineesium, unsupported "comps" that really aren't -- or non-US phones sold on Spamazon with no warranty that are missing critical RF bands for good performance (e.g. the ASUS.) Utterly nobody has come up with a current-model comp that actually is comparable in the mid-market segment; I've tried and failed too, so it's not for a lack of the attempt.

On a comps basis I argue the Motion slots uniquely above the "budget" category, below the "flagship" category and yet on power management makes the "flagships" look like trash. Those folks who want the high-spec CPU/GPU or the very best camera available will put up with the $200+ price premium (in some cases $400+!) and crap battery life but for everyone else who wants an Android slab the Motion compares very nicely since you're not giving up anything except top-tier CPU and GPU performance.

All this assumes you place no value on BlackBerry's security model - and let's face it, lots of consumers don't. But, for those that DO see value there the comparison becomes even more-jarring.
    Last edited by tickerguy; 11-17-17 at 01:43 PM.
    11-17-17 01:28 PM
    To be fair there's really only one or two cases that aren't Alibaba listings -- either directly or someone bought 20 and listed them on Amazon at a 300% markup.

How do I know? I have one of the Alibaba cases that's 'featured' on Spamazon now.... but I got it for far less because I waited the three weeks to get it by "ePacket."

The Incipio case IS listed, true. But Incipio is an existing vendor so it's a zero-cost, zero-hassle listing for them too.

I believe the Motion has a fairly unique position in the US marketplace as things stand today; good luck finding anything with the same or better camera, 4Gb RAM, modern Android releases w/monthly security updates, a full array of sensors (unlike Moto's decontented offering without NFC!) water resistance good enough to accidentally dunk without killing the device and a 4,000mah battery. Never mind that the back isn't glass so unlike the DTEK60 and lots of other "high spec" phones you're not taking a double-risk (one's unavoidable with the screen) in breaking the dang thing if you drop it. In the price segment where the Motion slots ($450 US) there's just nothing there from other vendors that hits those points today. You can go down $100 on price and find the same series of processor but you lose a gig of RAM, step down one level on the camera and whack the battery size (e.g. the new HTC 11.)

Witness the handful of threads here where people are trying to slam the pricing by comparing it against Chineesium, unsupported "comps" that really aren't -- or non-US phones sold on Spamazon with no warranty that are missing critical RF bands for good performance (e.g. the ASUS.) Utterly nobody has come up with a current-model comp that actually is comparable in the mid-market segment; I've tried and failed too, so it's not for a lack of the attempt.

On a comps basis I argue the Motion slots uniquely above the "budget" category, below the "flagship" category and yet on power management makes the "flagships" look like trash. Those folks who want the high-spec CPU/GPU or the very best camera available will put up with the $200+ price premium (in some cases $400+!) and crap battery life but for everyone else who wants an Android slab the Motion compares very nicely since you're not giving up anything except top-tier CPU and GPU performance.

All this assumes you place no value on BlackBerry's security model - and let's face it, lots of consumers don't. But, for those that DO see value there the comparison becomes even more-jarring.
    It won't sell in the US for two reasons. First, no one will know about it outside of the diehard BlackBerry fan. Second, the BlackBerry brand name in the U.S. is toxic and people avoid it like the plague.

I think you need to look further into other Android offerings and what they deliver in terms of battery life. You seem to be basing your theory here on phones from 3-4 years ago, because there are top end Android phones that get spectacular battery life.
    11-17-17 02:11 PM
    It won't sell in the US for two reasons. First, no one will know about it outside of the diehard BlackBerry fan. Second, the BlackBerry brand name in the U.S. is toxic and people avoid it like the plague.

I think you need to look further into other Android offerings and what they deliver in terms of battery life. You seem to be basing your theory here on phones from 3-4 years ago, because there are top end Android phones that get spectacular battery life.
    Ok, name those with a 4,000 mah battery (+/- 500mah or so), all the common sensors and interfaces (including NFC and of course fingerprint), water resistance, all the common GSM/LTE bands (including 12, 17 and for those who travel 66), the correct User Agent string (that is, it's a NA/US device so it'll work on T-Mobile for VOIP and WiFi calling) and the alleged "great" battery life you claim can be had. It needs to be a US-sold and supported device as well, since that's what we're debating here (whether the Motion would sell if sold and serviced in the US)

Let's do some comparing. Others have made the claim here but all of them have listed non-supported Chineesium stuff or, even worse, devices (like the Asus) that have no Band 12 support or are "international" versions and thus have no warranty and no WiFi or VoLTE compatibility.
    Last edited by tickerguy; 11-17-17 at 04:03 PM.
    11-17-17 03:48 PM
    Ok, name those with a 4,000 mah battery (+/- 500mah or so), all the common sensors and interfaces (including NFC and of course fingerprint), water resistance, all the common GSM/LTE bands (including 12, 17 and for those who travel 66), the correct User Agent string (that is, it's a NA/US device so it'll work on T-Mobile for VOIP and WiFi calling) and the alleged "great" battery life you claim can be had. It needs to be a US-sold and supported device as well, since that's what we're debating here (whether the Motion would sell if sold and serviced in the US)

Let's do some comparing. Others have made the claim here but all of them have listed non-supported Chineesium stuff or, even worse, devices (like the Asus) that have no Band 12 support or are "international" versions and thus have no warranty and no WiFi or VoLTE compatibility.
    Lol Chineesium stuff? Are you aware that the company making the Motion is a Chinese company responsible for all of the Hardware and who owns BlackBerry mobile? The only “BlackBerry” part of the phone is the tiny software tweaks.

And what you are describing is a niche device at best. And do your own research, there are plenty of phones out there. They might not have a 4000mah battery, but they have close to it or more than enough to get through a full day, which is all people care about.
    11-17-17 04:33 PM
    I think I will just buy an international unlocked version and plug in my sim card,they are available from several places in the UK

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    11-17-17 04:48 PM
    Lol Chineesium stuff? Are you aware that the company making the Motion is a Chinese company responsible for all of the Hardware and who owns BlackBerry mobile? The only “BlackBerry” part of the phone is the tiny software tweaks.
    My point is that a non-US distributed (and warrantied) device is effectively sold without any warranty whatsoever. If you get it and it's defective, have fun trying to get that sorted out. Likewise if it has a problem during the first year. Support has value.

BTW my DTEK60 required a battery replacement in the first year. It was done at zero cost and in two business days (time in their shop); less than a week end-to-end. Had that been one of those Chineesium or Non-US market devices it would have been rendered completely worthless because it would be impossible to get it repaired under the alleged "warranty."

Instead of a phone that is worth $0 I have one that is worth very near its original purchase price since the warranty was honored and there's nothing else wrong with it, nor any signs of wear anywhere on it. I can probably sell it for 75-80% of what I paid for it if the existing listings for the DTEK60 are any guide to what I can expect to receive, should I decide to sell it (especially with a now-new battery in it!)

And what you are describing is a niche device at best. And do your own research, there are plenty of phones out there.
    In other words you know of none.

Thank you for admitting it. I've done the looking, and I've come to the conclusion that there in fact are none.

They might not have a 4000mah battery, but they have close to it or more than enough to get through a full day, which is all people care about.
    I said +/- 500mah. Yes, I recognize that a "hard spec" of 4,000 is unreasonable. But expecting 3,500 or better is not. That's sufficient to get comfortably into the second day with a 6xx series processor (it won't be for heavy users on an 8xx series chip, however; the DTEK60 has a 3,000mah battery and an 8xx series CPU, and you CAN kill it in a single day.) Therefore the lower bar is reasonably placed at 3,500mah -- which means the KeyONE qualifies (and, having tested that phone, it DOES qualify on duration.)

The other devices out in the market right now in the same general price band as the Motion either have much smaller batteries or are de-contented in ways that matter to ordinary users. Motorola is one of the most-egregious in this regard; they removed NFC and a gig of RAM from their latest "midrange" US-release devices. You can get EU versions from several manufacturers without the intentional crippling but now you're again in the no-warranty and likely no-WiFi-calling or VoLTE capability realm again. Most people want both, especially if they're on T-Mobile which allows it on handsets they don't sell (AT&T usually does not.)

You said there was no market for the Motion and that there were other suitable devices with reasonably-comparable capabilities and specs. I gave you that most people see zero value in the BlackBerry enhanced security features (DTEK and system hardening) and challenged you to list a few of the other choices I could make in the $450-and-under price band that have comparable processors, comparable battery sizes (within reason), a comparable (or close) camera sensor, water resistance and a full set of sensors (e.g. NFC, etc) along with a US warranty and band mix.

You didn't name one, and I suspect that's because you don't know of any.

That's my entire point -- there's a clear place for the Motion in carrier and general cellphone seller line-ups, and it's not a "niche" product.

The KeyONE is a niche product -- it's for those who want a keyboard and will sacrifice the screen aspect ratio to have it. That's a small minority of Android users. The Motion is a midrange handset that, if I am interested in that general level of capability with that general amount of money to spend I have trouble finding competitive offerings from other sellers that I would buy instead.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    11-17-17 05:08 PM
    BBD100-3 seems to be the Motion variant for the US/Sprint,

https://www.blackberrymobile.com/ca/...pecifications/
    11-17-17 05:12 PM
    My point is that a non-US distributed (and warrantied) device is effectively sold without any warranty whatsoever. If you get it and it's defective, have fun trying to get that sorted out. Likewise if it has a problem during the first year. Support has value.

BTW my DTEK60 required a battery replacement in the first year. It was done at zero cost and in two business days (time in their shop); less than a week end-to-end. Had that been one of those Chineesium or Non-US market devices it would have been rendered completely worthless because it would be impossible to get it repaired under the alleged "warranty."

Instead of a phone that is worth $0 I have one that is worth very near its original purchase price since the warranty was honored and there's nothing else wrong with it, nor any signs of wear anywhere on it. I can probably sell it for 75-80% of what I paid for it if the existing listings for the DTEK60 are any guide to what I can expect to receive, should I decide to sell it (especially with a now-new battery in it!)

In other words you know of none.

Thank you for admitting it. I've done the looking, and I've come to the conclusion that there in fact are none.

I said +/- 500mah. Yes, I recognize that a "hard spec" of 4,000 is unreasonable. But expecting 3,500 or better is not. That's sufficient to get comfortably into the second day with a 6xx series processor (it won't be for heavy users on an 8xx series chip, however; the DTEK60 has a 3,000mah battery and an 8xx series CPU, and you CAN kill it in a single day.) Therefore the lower bar is reasonably placed at 3,500mah -- which means the KeyONE qualifies (and, having tested that phone, it DOES qualify on duration.)

The other devices out in the market right now in the same general price band as the Motion either have much smaller batteries or are de-contented in ways that matter to ordinary users. Motorola is one of the most-egregious in this regard; they removed NFC and a gig of RAM from their latest "midrange" US-release devices. You can get EU versions from several manufacturers without the intentional crippling but now you're again in the no-warranty and likely no-WiFi-calling or VoLTE capability realm again. Most people want both, especially if they're on T-Mobile which allows it on handsets they don't sell (AT&T usually does not.)

You said there was no market for the Motion and that there were other suitable devices with reasonably-comparable capabilities and specs. I gave you that most people see zero value in the BlackBerry enhanced security features (DTEK and system hardening) and challenged you to list a few of the other choices I could make in the $450-and-under price band that have comparable processors, comparable battery sizes (within reason), a comparable (or close) camera sensor, water resistance and a full set of sensors (e.g. NFC, etc) along with a US warranty and band mix.

You didn't name one, and I suspect that's because you don't know of any.

That's my entire point -- there's a clear place for the Motion in carrier and general cellphone seller line-ups, and it's not a "niche" product.

The KeyONE is a niche product -- it's for those who want a keyboard and will sacrifice the screen aspect ratio to have it. That's a small minority of Android users. The Motion is a midrange handset that, if I am interested in that general level of capability with that general amount of money to spend I have trouble finding competitive offerings from other sellers that I would buy instead.
    There are a bunch of people who only look at the SOC and memory as relevant specs. The rest is unimportant to them, so they assume it's unimportant to the rest of us. Trying to convince them that there are people with different priorities than they have is a fruitless quest!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-17-17 05:23 PM
    Hey Bla1ze , do you think it could be "NAFTA Effect" ? That's Why US Eh ....don't have Motion Yet? Still working on it ? Sorry 🇨🇦 Humour.
    My 🇺🇸 Heritage was on the (O and D) Fence.
    Hope they get it before Christmas .
    11-17-17 07:47 PM
    So, how long was the Keyone first made available before it was released in the US? A little over a month? Then how long before a US carrier picked it up?

Do we know, or has it been specifically said that the Motion won't be sold in the US... unlocked or otherwise?

Or is that just wild speculation?
    11-17-17 08:14 PM
    Lol atta boy
    11-17-17 08:20 PM
    Glad to hear that you have the connections to make things happen. Make the connection with Verizon first please. Unfortunately, I believe that you will be disconnected.
    Lol yep. Im still looking at a cdma keyone idea but I'd be willing to look at the motion. Verizon just needs to stop being turds
    phuoc likes this.
    11-17-17 08:21 PM

You're so negative lol.

There's nothing wrong with making noise wherever you can if you want it in the US. And I said buy it in Canada, largely because it's the fastest and easiest way to get it if the folks who want it in the US don't want to play the wait and see game. As we know, plans seem to change quite a bit with BlackBerry Mobile so who knows.

But whatever hit up Legere if you think that is the best path to take. The time you spent being resisting to the post here you could have just said 'Yes! Bring it to the US BlackBerry Mobile. I already bought friggin cases' lol.
    11-17-17 09:49 PM
    I've pointed out that I've already got a case -- a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know how much more one can do to indicate that they definitely want a device; if that's not waving cash around saying "take my money!" what would be?

But with that said, I'm not about to burn my money either, and gray-market goods lead to problems if there are ever issues (warranty is usually void and if not, good luck getting it back to wherever you need to for service.) I've dealt with that across a border before with goods that weren't gray-market (a dive computer bought from a manufacturer in Canada that had no US depot) and it was a nightmare getting it back to them and returned to me without paying duty on something I already legitimately owned! I'm not dealing with that again.
    11-18-17 04:50 AM
    I've pointed out that I've already got a case -- a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know how much more one can do to indicate that they definitely want a device; if that's not waving cash around saying "take my money!" what would be?

But with that said, I'm not about to burn my money either, and gray-market goods lead to problems if there are ever issues (warranty is usually void and if not, good luck getting it back to wherever you need to for service.) I've dealt with that across a border before with goods that weren't gray-market (a dive computer bought from a manufacturer in Canada that had no US depot) and it was a nightmare getting it back to them and returned to me without paying duty on something I already legitimately owned! I'm not dealing with that again.
    BBD100-3 is listed as a Sprint device and it supports both CDMA/GSM so it'll probably launch in the US at some point,

https://www.blackberrymobile.com/ca/...pecifications/

I get what you're saying though, I wouldn't import a Motion either, especially after the Keyone's issues.
    11-18-17 10:02 AM
    I agree with you there, as I've noted many times across the boards when folks wanted to import the Limited Black Edition from India. My import suggestion was for those willing to take that on and lack the will to wait it out lol. Plus, I know that because of the KEYone issues, TCL improved their customer service variables where it makes sense. eg: Canada/US dealings should be easier this time around should things happen.. emphasis on should, however.
    11-18-17 10:38 AM
84 123 ...