I just preordered expected delivery 22nd October.
    Page?

Posted via CB10
    10-09-17 03:53 AM
    Page?

Posted via CB10
    Axiomtelecom.com
    10-09-17 04:10 AM
    The BlackBerry Mobile website in its current form just refuses to die. I was hoping that the launch of a new handset might be accompanied with some new content, a properly functioning layout and so forth. Not quite the face some genuinely great handsets deserve.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    10-09-17 04:49 AM
    Two or three generations of K1's & motions by 2020 & these devices covering whatever niche market they could, I want to know, will the envelope of the niche PKB & BB Industrial design VKB have grown more for TCL, to coverup by 2020? And whoever sub licenses from TCL, like Optiemus, merah putih, HK+Middle East+South america+South africa vendors have to eventually depend on TCL designs and make their own changes if needed, but by and large TCL's success will be their success.

& whatever happened to TCL's real reason to tie up with BlackBerry - enterprise share? I always hear news of software enterprise deals and no fleet news, which TCL hoped to crack with BB Android+Pkb.
    10-09-17 07:01 AM
    Two or three generations of K1's & motions by 2020 & these devices covering whatever niche market they could, I want to know, will the envelope of the niche PKB & BB Industrial design VKB have grown more for TCL, to coverup by 2020? And whoever sub licenses from TCL, like Optiemus, merah putih, HK+Middle East+South america+South africa vendors have to eventually depend on TCL designs and make their own changes if needed, but by and large TCL's success will be their success.

& whatever happened to TCL's real reason to tie up with BlackBerry - enterprise share? I always hear news of software enterprise deals and no fleet news, which TCL hoped to crack with BB Android+Pkb.
    It's going to be a very gradual process. As much as the KeyOne is a solid device and appears to have attracted significant consumer interest, it was the first handset released by TCL and as such has an experimental dimension. The global release has been staggered as TCL works to build up carrier and distributor relationships. This will hopefully translate into much smoother future releases.

On enterprise share specifically, I'm inclined towards the view that BlackBerry and TCL have a very unique offering: in the Android space, there really isn't a comparable device targeted specifically at enterprise use and security. BlackBerry's legacy will carry some clout, as will the fact that implementation of their mobile software has remained buoyant while their handset market share has sharply declined. Yes, the new BlackBerry handsets might prove a difficult sell to the average worker in a "bring your own device" era, but as corporate-issued phones, they begin to make a lot more sense.
    10-09-17 07:47 AM
    It's going to be a very gradual process. As much as the KeyOne is a solid device and appears to have attracted significant consumer interest, it was the first handset released by TCL and as such has an experimental dimension. The global release has been staggered as TCL works to build up carrier and distributor relationships. This will hopefully translate into much smoother future releases.

On enterprise share specifically, I'm inclined towards the view that BlackBerry and TCL have a very unique offering: in the Android space, there really isn't a comparable device targeted specifically at enterprise use and security. BlackBerry's legacy will carry some clout, as will the fact that implementation of their mobile software has remained buoyant while their handset market share has sharply declined. Yes, the new BlackBerry handsets might prove a difficult sell to the average worker in a "bring your own device" era, but as corporate-issued phones, they begin to make a lot more sense.
    I expect the "BlackBerry Legacy" will have to be overcome....
    10-09-17 08:16 AM
    I expect the "BlackBerry Legacy" will have to be overcome....
    Yeah, there's that too . Although I'd argue to some extent that this is less of an issue within the enterprise sector. The BlackBerry Leap remains very visible around London, released at a low point for BB10, but never particularly doubted as a secure, reliable and yes, very boring, corporate device. It's why I believe there would be some merit in TCL manufacturing a similar low-end device in the future that vastly undercuts the cost of issuing iPhones in a viable Android option for mass corporate purchase.
    10-09-17 09:04 AM
    Better updates and specs than Pixel 2?

Pixel 2 have SD835 and monthly updates at the beginning of each month. Plus probably 2 OS upgrades vs one or none from BlackBerry for Motion.
    Price, better security at the beginning, BlackBerry services (if you like them) and battery are reasons to choose Motion vs Pixel 2, but not specs and updates.
    I agree... this is no Pixel 2. For daily use it will be fine but if you are a power user of any sort you will see why you need a Pixel or an S8.

To be successful this phone MUST get at least 1 major US carrier to support it. DTEK60 was a flop for that reason.
    10-09-17 09:43 AM
    Thurask, it looks like the 6 versions has the same radios as the North American version. Is that correct?
    10-09-17 09:48 AM
    Yeah, there's that too . Although I'd argue to some extent that this is less of an issue within the enterprise sector. The BlackBerry Leap remains very visible around London, released at a low point for BB10, but never particularly doubted as a secure, reliable and yes, very boring, corporate device. It's why I believe there would be some merit in TCL manufacturing a similar low-end device in the future that vastly undercuts the cost of issuing iPhones in a viable Android option for mass corporate purchase.

I keep hearing about a price point and it being important for corporate mass purchases. I do remember back in the "day", BlackBerry sold a LOT of CURVES (as well as BOLDS) to Enterprise. Somehow we became conditioned to believe that price was the driving force.

But the problem I see.... is IF the BlackBerry Security doesn't mean anything to them. Is $450 a great price?
    Here in the US - Verizon offeres our company the iPhone 8 64GB 2YR Contract = $249.99. We have been with Verizon from back when they bought Altel (10years), no problem with a contract. Right now only way to buy the KEYone is paying fully price as Verizon doesn't offer it. (not sure about AT&T corporate pricing for KEYone)

Which is cheaper, for my company to buy? $249 vs $549
    Which will be cheaper for them to operate? Verizon still handles support for corporate customers... one call and a new phone is delivered the next day. Samsung and Apple's OS life cycle is a known factor, that isn't true for BlackBerry Mobile. We could buy a replacement iPhone 8 at any time. Keyone's CDMA is available right now... that's about all your can say.

My view is only hope BlackBerry Mobile has in Enterprise is the Security.... but I'm not really sure what's different about BlackBerry Android and Samsung Android (uses a hardened Kernel too)..... Is it just the DTEK App and Rooting?
    10-09-17 10:16 AM
    Thurask, it looks like the 6 versions has the same radios as the North American version. Is that correct?
    No, the -6 is the same as the -1 (international). North America GSM is the -2.
    10-09-17 10:33 AM
    look like K1 design payed off for the K-nil. hopefully, TCL 2017 will be at least 5X visible on north america (make the BB logo pay).
    10-09-17 10:59 AM
    The BlackBerry Mobile website in its current form just refuses to die. I was hoping that the launch of a new handset might be accompanied with some new content, a properly functioning layout and so forth. Not quite the face some genuinely great handsets deserve.
    A month or so they added those pages for the DTEKS, then pulled them.... been expecting those to go live again.

Have a feeling that someone might have jumped the gun in UAE.... as still haven't seem an official announcement or as you said a website acknowledgement. Nor the first review... this can't be the launch.
    10-09-17 03:45 PM
    I hope it doesn't have ugly back and multitasking buttons like in some pictures I have seen it will look so much cleaner with out them IMO. Does anybody know???? Blackberry logo looks very cool
    10-09-17 04:15 PM
    I hope it doesn't have ugly back and multitasking buttons like in some pictures I have seen it will look so much cleaner with out them IMO. Does anybody know???? Blackberry logo looks very cool
    10-09-17 04:57 PM
    A month or so they added those pages for the DTEKS, then pulled them.... been expecting those to go live again.

Have a feeling that someone might have jumped the gun in UAE.... as still haven't seem an official announcement or as you said a website acknowledgement. Nor the first review... this can't be the launch.
    Think you're definitely right there.

Incidentally, the BBD100-1 is materialising in the UK now. This is from a TCL executive on Instagram:

Launched!-screen-shot-2017-10-10-11.30.44.png
    10-10-17 05:35 AM
    Where is the keyboard?
    10-10-17 05:58 AM
    I need a keyboard!
    10-10-17 06:02 AM
    I need a keyboard!
    Get a KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    10-10-17 06:04 AM
    Using priv now. The proximity sensor is screwed up. I don't think I can go to a smaller screen. I'm a bit annoyed, tho, I should get more than one year out of a 700 dollar phone, lack of OS upgrade is disconcerting, I'm only in it for the phys keyboard.
    10-10-17 06:10 AM
    Lol at people asking about specs! Its a BlackBerry so it'll be about 2-3 years behind.

They will keep up with competitors only in the most important aspect to them: price
    10-10-17 07:52 AM
    True, I agree that $450 USD is a great price compared to the $1,000 Flagship phones out now. I always buy my phones outright from BB or now Amazon, Best Buy. No need to spend that much. Unless Blackberry Mobile come out with a higher spec chip device with a 5000 mAh battery that would equal the Motion's estimated battery life... I am good with this Motion phone and price point. Plenty of extra cash left over for phone cases and Xmas shopping.
    Artificial inflation. You're getting worked, my dude
    10-10-17 07:58 AM
    2 to 3 yrs behind? LOL!! 😂
    Kind of hard when you have an SOC that was announced by Qualcomm Feb 2016.
    Adiós!
    10-10-17 08:59 AM
    2 to 3 yrs behind? LOL!!
    Kind of hard when you have an SOC that was announced by Qualcomm Feb 2016.
    Adiós!
    And didn't start to appear in devices until about a year ago.

The 626's small run only made it into a couple of devices, and the 630 has only a single in-marklet device at the moment - the Aquos S2.
    Rico4you likes this.
    10-10-17 09:35 AM
    Artificial inflation. You're getting worked, my dude
    It's funny the things people use to say about Apple users.... mostly apply to those that blindly follow the "brand" these days.

My view, is if it makes you happy.... that's really all that matters. Motion is "designed" for certain needs, won't appeal to the average user and thus won't be competitive in the consumer market. But there in no reason a few can't enjoy it for now.
    10-10-17 10:27 AM
91 1234