Yesterday 11:02 AM
67 123
tools
    Appreciate your concerns but...

Yes we are fully aware there are other avenues in receiving said updates but should one really have to resort to those methods in keeping updates current? As already mentioned, that wasn't how it was in the beginning so why now? A new standard? Might not be happening with every variant of the Motion but that does little to help me and others in the same boat.

Why couldn't it have a reflection on BBMo/TCL? In North America updates have to pass through PTCRB certification which can cause delays if THEY don’t meet the criteria set out yet that's been around since the Motion's release and something that is definitely not new (established in 1997), so. I'm not well versed in the process yet do know there can be a substantial cost involved, as a onetime fee per device or per update dunno, yet makes one wonder if they are not trying to save a buck or two here if it is the latter.

What does liking a device have anything to do with one’s disapproval of a company’s poor business sense or the feeling they are now wavering on the update front (my case)? Since I am not tied to any brand it just means we won’t be buying into another, BlackBerry as is the case here… their “spoiler alerts” (if you followed you’d be aware of these) already deterred me (and I’m sure many others) from buying the KEY2/LE. And sure, nothing is perfect but going from a “hero to a zero” in 7-8 months (again in my case) is definitely going to raise some eyebrows.

Less “WE”, not applicable in my case anymore on the “monthly security patches”, nor have I received BlackBerry application updates on a monthly basis.

What I’m expecting in this case, BBMo/TCL deliver as they once did. Would this be considered perfection, am I asking for an arm and a leg?
    In an effort to provide a little clarification

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=K01MQQ-D

And this one

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/smartp...droid-updates/
    Last edited by Amaroni; 01-27-19 at 01:32 AM.
    01-27-19 01:11 AM
    Definitely do not believe this is a carrier issue. For one, and like already stated, the updated isn't even showing up yet for my variant suspecting BBMo/TCL is having troubles meeting the PTCRB certification criteria set fourth. And really, why would the carriers make an about-face a third of the way in, did someone mess in their cornflakes?

Since we have no answers (probably never will) to these questions one can only speculate and for me it seems most plausible to blame the source (BBMo/TCL).
    And that is what you seem to do , make sweeping statements based on speculation and not fact . I am happy to agree with you if your opinion was based on facts but they are not .

Given that my device is running the December security patch , that on this forum there is mention that the January patch is available and that your device is running the November patch dont you think it's more plausible that in fact the patches have been released and the issue is getting them to the devices?
    Gajja likes this.
    01-27-19 01:18 AM
    In an effort to provide a little clarification

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=g_rTE2Nc
    A little clarification on what? That AVG Internet Security Unlimited is going to be my saviour?

I am aware of this yet you seem to keep forgetting where I stated "first 7-8 months of owning the Motion (from launch) security updates/patches were arriving WITHIN the month they were issued". If you have the FACTS as to why this has changed I'd like to know.
    01-27-19 02:51 AM
    A little clarification on what? That AVG Internet Security Unlimited is going to be my saviour?

I am aware of this yet you seem to keep forgetting where I stated "first 7-8 months of owning the Motion (from launch) security updates/patches were arriving WITHIN the month they were issued". If you have the FACTS as to why this has changed I'd like to know.
    Try asking your carrier
    01-27-19 04:26 AM
    And that is what you seem to do , make sweeping statements based on speculation and not fact . I am happy to agree with you if your opinion was based on facts but they are not .

Given that my device is running the December security patch, that on this forum there is mention that the January patch is available and that your device is running the November patch dont you think it's more plausible that in fact the patches have been released and the issue is getting them to the devices?
    Can only go by what I know which is... the timely manner in which updates once arrived OTA to our device is no longer.... the last time an update was late (3 months) with the next patch being Nov's, didn't arrive until it showed up on the firmware list...as I am typing this post Dec nor Jan's patch are showing up on the firmware list... Now those are facts!

If January's patch is available why is your Motion still on December's then? And you know for a fact that January's patch is out for ALL Motion variants/PRD#? If so what other plausible reason would there be for delays, PTCRB certification maybe? Does this affect you?
    01-27-19 04:53 AM
    Try asking your carrier
    You're not being speculative and know this for a fact right?
    01-27-19 05:05 AM
    Can only go by what I know which is... the timely manner in which updates once arrived OTA to our device is no longer.... the last time an update was late (3 months) with the next patch being Nov's, didn't arrive until it showed up on the firmware list...as I am typing this post Dec nor Jan's patch are showing up on the firmware list... Now those are facts!

If January's patch is available why is your Motion still on December's then? And you know for a fact that January's patch is out for ALL Motion variants/PRD#? If so what other plausible reason would there be for delays, PTCRB certification maybe? Does this affect you?
    There comes a point in life when to continue down a certain path is fruitless . It is clear that you have an opinion , which of course , you are entitled to. It is also clear that no amount of information provided is going to change your opinion and therefore continuing this debate with you is fruitless .

For those people who want to understand it is very clear that there are a number of procedures that have to be followed from the time Google release the update, from the manufacturer adding their tweaks, carriers adding their tweaks , official approval etc .

Unlike Apple , Android devices have a fractured Eco system in that there are many manufacturers all with different hardware and each update has to be tailored to work with the different hardware set ups.

Blackberry /TCL/ Optiemus may not be the fastest in sending out the updates to their devices but updates are sent out . I mentioned that the January update is available. If I wanted to short cut I can but I choose to wait and the update will come in due course .

You seem to have the opinion that every update must come on a fixed date and in an ideal world it would. I have read the same "complaints " about Samsung devices , Apple devices and even Huawei device, (the one you use), but yet you are fixated with Blackberry .

The AVG link was provided to demonstrate how updates are processed because you stated that you didnt believe it had anything to do with the carriers . It wouldn't have mattered which site was provided as long as it provided the information but you missed that.

You asked why updates had slowed down ....there are many reasons and I suggested you ask your carrier as perhaps they could shed some light on the subject. After all they are in the business and hopefully their information would be far more accurate than mine.

My bone of contention is if people are going to simply trash Blackberry devices by making sweeping negative statements based on personal conjecture then I will ask why....
    01-27-19 05:23 AM
    There comes a point in life when to continue down a certain path is fruitless . It is clear that you have an opinion , which of course , you are entitled to. It is also clear that no amount of information provided is going to change your opinion and therefore continuing this debate with you is fruitless .

For those people who want to understand it is very clear that there are a number of procedures that have to be followed from the time Google release the update, from the manufacturer adding their tweaks, carriers adding their tweaks , official approval etc .

Unlike Apple , Android devices have a fractured Eco system in that there are many manufacturers all with different hardware and each update has to be tailored to work with the different hardware set ups.

Blackberry /TCL/ Optiemus may not be the fastest in sending out the updates to their devices but updates are sent out . I mentioned that the January update is available. If I wanted to short cut I can but I choose to wait and the update will come in due course .

You seem to have the opinion that every update must come on a fixed date and in an ideal world it would. I have read the same "complaints " about Samsung devices , Apple devices and even Huawei device, (the one you use), but yet you are fixated with Blackberry .

The AVG link was provided to demonstrate how updates are processed because you stated that you didnt believe it had anything to do with the carriers . It wouldn't have mattered which site was provided as long as it provided the information but you missed that.

You asked why updates had slowed down ....there are many reasons and I suggested you ask your carrier as perhaps they could shed some light on the subject. After all they are in the business and hopefully their information would be far more accurate than mine.

My bone of contention is if people are going to simply trash Blackberry devices by making sweeping negative statements based on personal conjecture then I will ask why....
    No I picked BlackBerry because it's my current daily driver and when I see a drastic change in something sure I'm going to question "why"... I'll do the same with any device if something similar ocurrs as I'm not tied to any one brand.

You are the one now being speculative blaming the carrier since I see no fact based evidence for your claim. The carrier's can only dole out what they have been given, no show no go... my carrier delivered timely updates for the first several months. The slight delay in releasing Oreo wasn't their doing, when it did become available we received lickity split. Don't sound like carrier issues to me.

So you think I just pulled all this stuff from under a rock then running with it? Really! Wasn't born yesterday is all I'll say. Neither have you proven to me that your info is anymore complete than mine other than doing your darndest in defending BBMo/TCL at all costs... have at er. And you state you don't want to "short cut" January's update, seems like a bit of backtracking to me... you still haven't provided your PRD#. So what part of my previously mentioned OTA did you not understand? No OTA not available in my books, don't believe it's on the servers either so here's your chance to prove me wrong on this front. Have read there's a possibility autoloaders can wreak havoc or am I out in left field with this too?

Have a good night... 😊
    01-27-19 07:44 AM
    No I picked BlackBerry because it's my current daily driver and when I see a drastic change in something sure I'm going to question "why"... I'll do the same with any device if something similar ocurrs as I'm not tied to any one brand.

You are the one now being speculative blaming the carrier since I see no fact based evidence for your claim. The carrier's can only dole out what they have been given, no show no go... my carrier delivered timely updates for the first several months. The slight delay in releasing Oreo wasn't their doing, when it did become available we received lickity split. Don't sound like carrier issues to me.

So you think I just pulled all this stuff from under a rock then running with it? Really! Wasn't born yesterday is all I'll say. Neither have you proven to me that your info is anymore complete than mine other than doing your darndest in defending BBMo/TCL at all costs... have at er. And you state you don't want to "short cut" January's update, seems like a bit of backtracking to me... you still haven't provided your PRD#. So what part of my previously mentioned OTA did you not understand? No OTA not available in my books, don't believe it's on the servers either so here's your chance to prove me wrong on this front. Have read there's a possibility autoloaders can wreak havoc or am I out in left field with this too?

Have a good night... ������
    You can see the updates available by PRD#

https://tclota.birth-online.de/index.php
    01-27-19 08:18 AM
    Straight to Motion rather than KEYone:
    https://tclota.birth-online.de/index.php#motion
    Not impressed at all.
    01-27-19 09:25 AM
    You can see the updates available by PRD#

https://tclota.birth-online.de/index.php
    Appreciate that yet was already aware. Still shows January for our PRD-63739-009 as N/A.
    01-27-19 12:19 PM
    still no update on Bell Canada.
    cb900f2 likes this.
    01-27-19 11:36 PM
    Updates aren't coming through and we are in to february now.
    anyone know what's going on? I'm on bell - According to this PRD-63739-010 it should be receiving ABP306 - am I wrong?
    cb900f2 likes this.
    02-14-19 11:52 AM
    I really wonder why it's so difficult for BlackBerry to get these updates out in time. Maybe Google has to threaten to take the Android Enterprise Recommended classification
    cb900f2 likes this.
    Yesterday 06:10 AM
    Updates aren't coming through and we are in to february now.
    anyone know what's going on? I'm on bell - According to this PRD-63739-010 it should be receiving ABP306 - am I wrong?
    I just got the abp819 update this morning here in the US.
    Yesterday 08:28 AM
    ABP819 isn't listed yet for my model, PRD-63739-010.
    Yesterday 10:44 AM
    I really wonder why it's so difficult for BlackBerry to get these updates out in time. Maybe Google has to threaten to take the Android Enterprise Recommended classification
    I stand corrected. Just received the update after coming home and connecting to wifi
    Yesterday 11:02 AM
67 123