Checking https://tclota.birth-online.de/#motion seems to be a waste of time anymore. Nothing showing as Black and available OTA since November 5 release (ABJ879).
    Motion BBD100-2 PRD-63739-009 and -010 for NA just lost in the dust.
    Definitely not impressed with BBMo/TCL anymore.
    I agree. I too am still stuck on ABJ879 since November 2018. It's completely ridiculous that the December 2018 & January 2019 patches have not been sent out yet to all Motions. BlackBerry is not keeping it's word. My next phone will not be a BlackBerry branded one.
    Elky64 likes this.
    01-17-19 04:05 PM
    Checking https://tclota.birth-online.de/#motion seems to be a waste of time anymore. Nothing showing as Black and available OTA since November 5 release (ABJ879).
    Couldn't agree more. Was happy with the first 7-8 months or so of ownership then came Oreo and it's been off the rails ever since. Curious to know what's really changed cuz at the moment I see this being a BBMo/TCL problem.
    01-17-19 08:50 PM
    I agree. I too am still stuck on ABJ879 since November 2018. It's completely ridiculous that the December 2018 & January 2019 patches have not been sent out yet to all Motions. BlackBerry is not keeping it's word. My next phone will not be a BlackBerry branded one.
    The way things unfolded with the LE was my turning point resulting in a "so long BB!". Them NOW seemingly incapable of keeping pace on the update/patch front is just solidifying my decision.
    01-17-19 09:09 PM
    There isn't anything black anymore, because they changed how they push the OTA updates. They are still coming through shortly after being posted - much like they used to be. We just can't tell anymore with our available tools.
    01-17-19 09:41 PM
    There isn't anything black anymore, because they changed how they push the OTA updates. They are still coming through shortly after being posted - much like they used to be. We just can't tell anymore with our available tools.
    Basically figured that out. Main point was BBD100-2 isn't showing anything since ABJ879.
    01-18-19 06:03 AM
    Basically figured that out. Main point was BBD100-2 isn't showing anything since ABJ879.
    ABO797 now certified.
    01-18-19 06:31 AM
    ABO797 now certified.
    Received and updated today.
    Attached Thumbnails Latest update on Motion?-251997.jpg  
    01-24-19 12:49 PM
    Received also.
    01-24-19 01:25 PM
    got mine on 100-6 last night
    Last edited by yohannyphm; 01-26-19 at 07:49 AM.
    01-25-19 07:47 PM
    BBD 100.6.63753.011 ,ABO 797 updated China .
    01-26-19 12:29 AM
    Nothing for Bell Canada.. losing faith in TCL/BB
    01-26-19 07:49 AM
    Nothing for the North American version yet.
    01-26-19 07:57 AM
    Nothing for Bell Canada.. losing faith in TCL/BB
    For unknown reasons they've been unable to return to the standard held prior to the Oreo Update.
    01-26-19 10:57 AM
    For unknown reasons they've been unable to return to the standard held prior to the Oreo Update.
    Please elaborate the differences you have noticed that brings you to this conclusion...
    01-26-19 12:32 PM
    December 18 patch installed and running on my Motion in the UK
    01-26-19 12:33 PM
    Please elaborate the differences you have noticed that brings you to this conclusion...
    Simple... first 7-8 months of owning (from launch) security updates/patches were arriving WITHIN the month they were issued, consistently might I add. After the hiccup w/Oreo it took three months to get the next which was Nov's and that which were are still rocking now.
    01-26-19 12:57 PM
    Simple... first 7-8 months of owning (from launch) security updates/patches were arriving WITHIN the month they were issued, consistently might I add. After the hiccup w/Oreo it took three months to get the next which was Nov's and that which were are still rocking now.
    As I advised my Motion is running December 18 security patch and I have received the update pretty much every month... that's not to say there hasn't been any delays but not delays that you seem to be eluding to ...
    01-26-19 01:01 PM
    As I advised my Motion is running December 18 security patch and I have received the update pretty much every month... that's not to say there hasn't been any delays but not delays that you seem to be eluding to ...
    Canadian Motion's are what's being referenced here with very late (if any) updates since Oreo.
    01-26-19 02:13 PM
    Can only go by my personal experiences and I can assure you it is (in my case) pretty much as I described happening with my North American BBD100-2/PRD-63739-009 variant Motion. Yes I may be off a tiny wee bit yet there's no question in my mind BBM0/TCL update consistency seen in the beginning (w/my Motion) has taken a nosedive.

Even now, Jan's update isn't even showing, Sept is blank nor was it received, Oct never came even though it is shown, and Dec isn't listed nor was it received.

Now that some time has passed one can see BBMo's/TLC's commitment to KEY0ne's, KEY2's/LE, and Motion updates have an aura of inconsistency at times - close eyes place a finger to see which will get theirs next - they've also decided now they will no longer show OTA updates as black leaving things more of a mystery.
    01-26-19 02:15 PM
    Can only go by my personal experiences and I can assure you it is (in my case) pretty much as I described happening with my North American BBD100-2/PRD-63739-009 variant Motion. Yes I may be off a tiny wee bit yet there's no question in my mind BBM0/TCL update consistency seen in the beginning (w/my Motion) has taken a nosedive.

Even now, Jan's update isn't even showing, Sept is blank nor was it received, Oct never came even though it is shown, and Dec isn't listed nor was it received.

Now that some time has passed one can see BBMo's/TLC's commitment to KEY0ne's, KEY2's/LE, and Motion updates have an aura of inconsistency at times - close eyes place a finger to see which will get theirs next - they've also decided now they will no longer show OTA updates as black leaving things more of a mystery.
    Can I just ask if you are aware that when an update is released there are a few ways in which it is pushed out to devices ?

The fact that your device is stuck with the November security patch is no reflection upon TCL/BBM given that some of us already have the December patch ( if you require proof I am happy to provide an image showing the same )

You seem to continually have an issue with TCL/ BBMo which doesn't make sense . Either you like the devices or you don't. Nothing is ever going to be perfect given the many countries , device variations , carriers involved.

Despite this we did receive the Oreo update, we do receive monthly security patches and we so receive monthly blackberry application updates .

Not sure what more you expect because if its perfection it isnt going to happen whether it be Blackberry devices or Apple or Samsung devices
    01-26-19 02:28 PM
    Canadian Motion's are what's being referenced here with very late (if any) updates since Oreo.
    And US updates. Seems to affect NA models.
    01-26-19 03:34 PM
    Can I just ask if you are aware that when an update is released there are a few ways in which it is pushed out to devices ?

The fact that your device is stuck with the November security patch is no reflection upon TCL/BBM given that some of us already have the December patch ( if you require proof I am happy to provide an image showing the same )

You seem to continually have an issue with TCL/ BBMo which doesn't make sense . Either you like the devices or you don't. Nothing is ever going to be perfect given the many countries , device variations , carriers involved.

Despite this we did receive the Oreo update, we do receive monthly security patches and we so receive monthly blackberry application updates .

Not sure what more you expect because if its perfection it isnt going to happen whether it be Blackberry devices or Apple or Samsung devices
    Has a lot to do with which country and which carrier. You are not likely in North America, really does make a big difference.
    01-26-19 03:36 PM
    Has a lot to do with which country and which carrier. You are not likely in North America, really does make a big difference.
    And I am not disagreeing with you but the updates are released its not like someone forgot to work on them and thought "nah I can't be bothered "

There is an issue with getting these updates to devices. Goggle require that manufacturers issues updates as part of terms for using the Android OS .

Much has been made of carrier support or lack of it for BlackBerry devices and perhaps this has a major impact but to say that updates aren't forthcoming is incorrect and misleading ...
    01-26-19 03:45 PM

Appreciate your concerns but...

Yes we are fully aware there are other avenues in receiving said updates but should one really have to resort to those methods in keeping updates current? As already mentioned, that wasn't how it was in the beginning so why now? A new standard? Might not be happening with every variant of the Motion but that does little to help me and others in the same boat.

Why couldn't it have a reflection on BBMo/TCL? In North America updates have to pass through PTCRB certification which can cause delays if THEY don’t meet the criteria set out yet that's been around since the Motion's release and something that is definitely not new (established in 1997), so. I'm not well versed in the process yet do know there can be a substantial cost involved, as a onetime fee per device or per update dunno, yet makes one wonder if they are not trying to save a buck or two here if it is the latter.

What does liking a device have anything to do with one’s disapproval of a company’s poor business sense or the feeling they are now wavering on the update front (my case)? Since I am not tied to any brand it just means we won’t be buying into another, BlackBerry as is the case here… their “spoiler alerts” (if you followed you’d be aware of these) already deterred me (and I’m sure many others) from buying the KEY2/LE. And sure, nothing is perfect but going from a “hero to a zero” in 7-8 months (again in my case) is definitely going to raise some eyebrows.

Less “WE”, not applicable in my case anymore on the “monthly security patches”, nor have I received BlackBerry application updates on a monthly basis.

What I’m expecting in this case, BBMo/TCL deliver as they once did. Would this be considered perfection, am I asking for an arm and a leg?
    01-26-19 06:58 PM
    And I am not disagreeing with you but the updates are released its not like someone forgot to work on them and thought "nah I can't be bothered "

There is an issue with getting these updates to devices. Goggle require that manufacturers issues updates as part of terms for using the Android OS .

Much has been made of carrier support or lack of it for BlackBerry devices and perhaps this has a major impact but to say that updates aren't forthcoming is incorrect and misleading ...
    Definitely do not believe this is a carrier issue. For one, and like already stated, the updated isn't even showing up yet for my variant suspecting BBMo/TCL is having troubles meeting the PTCRB certification criteria set fourth. And really, why would the carriers make an about-face a third of the way in, did someone mess in their cornflakes?

Since we have no answers (probably never will) to these questions one can only speculate and for me it seems most plausible to blame the source (BBMo/TCL).
    01-26-19 07:09 PM
71 123