Hello all,

I might actually join the Motion bandwagon very soon. This will be my first experience on BlackBerry Android! My wife's been using a Dtek50 and has enjoyed it since moving from her Leap.

I've read some great things about the device. Not so worried about the camera. I've had the Z30 for several years and it suited my needs just fine.

I'm nervous learning android but looking forward to getting my hands on it soon.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-17 01:13 PM
    I was in the same boat. Enjoyed my Z30 for 4 years. And waited for a successor as a full touchscreen phone. Anything for BB10 that was touch only was a downgrade from Z30, so I'm glad we finally got one on Android.

The Motion is a great little phone. It's certainly not perfect, but I'm currently transitioning now and actually still running my Z30 with the sim, and the Motion off WiFi only as I learn the ropes.
    12-14-17 01:19 PM
    Skilas, I too have had my Z30 or 4 years and all iPhone friends and Sammy friends are mocking me for still having it for so long. The only thing that ever bothered me about the Z30 was the camera. Truth be told, the Z30's fantastic, never had any problems. I love BB10 but need more apps so I have to move on. The Motion is the closest thing from BB that looks like the Z30. The Motion camera must be better than a 4 yr old phone, no? I'm expecting my new Motion any day now. Will the Z30 SIM card fit the Motion's SIM slot? does anybody know?
    12-14-17 02:37 PM
    Skilas, I too have had my Z30 or 4 years and all iPhone friends and Sammy friends are mocking me for still having it for so long. The only thing that ever bothered me about the Z30 was the camera. Truth be told, the Z30's fantastic, never had any problems. I love BB10 but need more apps so I have to move on. The Motion is the closest thing from BB that looks like the Z30. The Motion camera must be better than a 4 yr old phone, no? I'm expecting my new Motion any day now. Will the Z30 SIM card fit the Motion's SIM slot? does anybody know?
    The camera is better on the Motion. But I do find the colours slightly off when taking photos indoors. Which I'm annoyed about.

Sim does not fit from Z30. Z30 uses micro sim, and Motion uses Nano sim.

Lack of apps was OK for me. A few annoyed me especially when they started losing support, but not the end of the world. More that my battery was having trouble going a full day. Not bad for 4 years though.

Screen wise I prefer the Z30. I always prefer OLED over LCD. Hard to leave a screen with such amazing blacks.
    12-14-17 02:55 PM
    Hello all,

I might actually join the Motion bandwagon very soon. This will be my first experience on BlackBerry Android! My wife's been using a Dtek50 and has enjoyed it since moving from her Leap.

I've read some great things about the device. Not so worried about the camera. I've had the Z30 for several years and it suited my needs just fine.

I'm nervous learning android but looking forward to getting my hands on it soon.

Posted via CB10
    As long as you're on the BlackBerry Bandwagon; welcome aboard.
    12-14-17 05:11 PM
    The camera is better on the Motion. But I do find the colours slightly off when taking photos indoors. Which I'm annoyed about.

Sim does not fit from Z30. Z30 uses micro sim, and Motion uses Nano sim.

Lack of apps was OK for me. A few annoyed me especially when they started losing support, but not the end of the world. More that my battery was having trouble going a full day. Not bad for 4 years though.

Screen wise I prefer the Z30. I always prefer OLED over LCD. Hard to leave a screen with such amazing blacks.
    When you moved from your Z to Motion what app did you use to transfer your data? Device switch? Did you need to do anything specific to make sure everything was moved over properly?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-17 09:50 AM
    When you moved from your Z to Motion what app did you use to transfer your data? Device switch? Did you need to do anything specific to make sure everything was moved over properly?

Posted via CB10
    I used the Device switch via Google backup. It worked fine.

All my photos and media was already saved on my micro SD card. So I saved that on my pc and reloaded them switching devices.

Had to re-set up all email accounts anyways.

Biggest annoyance was all my notes lost the line spacing. So each note is just one big paragraph.

BBM will bring over contacts just by entering your BBID in the new BBM. Just remember you can't go back to BB10 after entering it on android. So that's annoying, since I'm still using both devices.
    12-15-17 03:53 PM