02-12-18 09:23 AM
    He even demoed the Privacy Shade App....

Motion held up very well...
    02-12-18 02:44 PM
    Yup it done good

As for the display's immunity to scratches and such. I always take the manufacturer's claims in that regards with a grain of salt as NO screen (IMHO) is immune so always adorn mine with a form of screen protection.
    02-12-18 03:29 PM
    He's so mean to the phone!! no wonder it bit him!!
    Now, if only I could get one at AT&T!!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    02-12-18 05:13 PM
    He's so mean to the phone!! no wonder it bit him!!
    Now, if only I could get one at AT&T!!

BB9000>Q10>Z10>Z30>Z30>Classic>Dtek50>Dtek60
    Maybe they are waiting for MWC so they'll have something to announce in the way of Carrier support in the US.

Technically, March/April would be on track if the are following the KEYone's release and when AT&T started selling it.
    02-13-18 09:06 AM
    Since day one I knew that the "proprietary nano diamond...." was a fancy way to say "we are making it cheaper not using Gorilla Glass"
    02-13-18 09:17 AM
    Since day one I knew that the "proprietary nano diamond...." was a fancy way to say "we are making it cheaper not using Gorilla Glass"
    He did concede that it may be more related to mitigating micro-abrasions. Either way, we won't be able to confirm that for a while.
    02-13-18 10:12 AM
    my motion has multiple scratches and a crack
    02-13-18 11:20 AM
    Can't say whether it is cheaper or not but people have to stop buying into these manufactures claims of "unbreakable", "scratch resistant" as in my opinion there is NOTHING out there that is immune. At the end of the day its glass and given the right circumstance it WILL break or scratch, it's not a matter of if but when.
    02-13-18 01:15 PM
    Since Gorilla Glass is a brand name, I'm neither surprised nor upset that they are avoiding paying for something that may not significantly improve build quality.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-13-18 02:52 PM
    Since Gorilla Glass is a brand name, I'm neither surprised nor upset that they are avoiding paying for something that may not significantly improve build quality.
    Corning has even admitted that GG5 isn't as scratch resistant as GG4... they have changed direction are are focused more on shatter resistant.

I'm actually just glad BBMo aren't doing glass bodies right now, as I don't get those.... too slippery and too prone to getting shattered. A case is a MUST, but then a case is just a good idea anyway.

But yeah I agree it isn't really a big deal not to use GG these days....
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-14-18 08:12 AM
    Can't say whether it is cheaper or not but people have to stop buying into these manufactures claims of "unbreakable", "scratch resistant" as in my opinion there is NOTHING out there that is immune. At the end of the day its glass and given the right circumstance it WILL break or scratch, it's not a matter of if but when.
    Yes, but there is a difference between regular glass, and tempered or treated glass. None of those are "unbreakable", but one is more durable than the other.
    02-15-18 01:06 PM
    I wasn't my intention to imply that it was a bad thing. Just a way to reduce costs. And if it scratches at the same level of Gorilla Glass, it was a good choice.
    02-15-18 01:07 PM
    Soon as I got the phone realized a pouch would work best. For me.
    02-16-18 08:53 AM
    Yes, but there is a difference between regular glass, and tempered or treated glass. None of those are "unbreakable", but one is more durable than the other.
    Don't dispute the facts about the differences in types of glass or the durability aspects. My point being some will cry foul when their device begins to scratch and/or breaks because they took the manufacture's clams as to mean "NEVER EVER".
    02-16-18 11:27 AM
    I've carried my Z10 naked in pockets with keys and coins and lens for five years. It has a few perceptible scratches but I don't notice them in daily use. I think a lot of people are too worried about their phones. I keep mine until they're dead and use them hard.

I guess if you plan to resell, that's obviously a different issue.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-16-18 01:18 PM
    I've carried my Z10 naked in pockets with keys and coins and lens for five years. It has a few perceptible scratches but I don't notice them in daily use. I think a lot of people are too worried about their phones. I keep mine until they're dead and use them hard.

I guess if you plan to resell, that's obviously a different issue.

Admittedly it's a bit more problematic with a screen the size of a baking pan.
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-16-18 01:30 PM
    Admittedly it's a bit more problematic with a screen the size of a baking pan.
    LOL. That's a fair point. One of my problems with the huge phones in fashion now is that, after you add a (necessary) case, they don't even fit in a men's slacks front pocket!

02-16-18 01:35 PM