Good Day Everyone,

BlackBerry Software (Waterloo) you are not doing your job.

Since I received the OREO update my Motion has not been working properly and i'm very frustrated with you BlackBerry. I'm a BlackBerry phone user since the Curve 9320 days, moved on to the Z10 (Z30 and Classic). When Blackberry moved to Android I bought the PRIV (with some issues) now I'm on the Motion (with more issues) and I bought all these phones unlocked.

These are some the issues with the OREO update:
    1. Apps are not working there slow to open and close (periodically I get a black screen)
    2. In the Google Play Store the updating apps don't update even on WIFI (2 days+ and the apps are still not updated)
    3. The Battery drains to quickly
    4. The Motion is now slower (not smooth as before the OREO update)
    5. I had to restart my Motion so many times I lost count

So for now I retired my Motion and I'm using my backup phone which is the Essential Phone PH-1 on Android Pie and since I miss the BlackBerry experience I installed (paid) for BlackBerry suites. The BlackBerry keyboard, DTEK and Locker app which I used daily are not available for the Essential phone. I did not install the BlackBerry Launcher since I wanted to use the gesture motions from Android Pie which is very smooth and feels again like BlackBerry 10.

BlackBerry I check daily for the monthly security patch and I'm still on the July 1st patch.
    So BlackBerry I hope you read this forum. For now until something improves I'll stick with the Essential Phone.

BlackBerry/TCL (hardware) I'll be looking forward to your next all touch BlackBerry phone (possible name BlackBerry KEYtouch) and I'm still waiting patiently for a Blackberry Chromebook (possible name BlackBerry KEYbook) Picture it a BlackBerry Chromebook with all the BlackBerry suites, with that physical Keyboard and the natural sound of the Z30. I would buy it!

By the way what ever happened to BlackBerry Z30 natural sound (I'm reading articles from 2014 that said the sound was amazing) and why is BlackBerry/TLC not using this natural sound in their BlackBerry Androids? To me the Playbook (which I still use) and the Z30 had the best sound.

Thank You,
    BBDROID13
    Last edited by BBdroid13; 10-13-18 at 06:45 PM.
    10-13-18 10:48 AM
    Good Day Everyone,

Since I received the OREO update my Motion has not been working properly and i'm very frustrated with you BlackBerry. I'm a BlackBerry phone user since the Curve 9320 days, moved on to the Z10 (Z30 and Classic). When Blackberry moved to Android I bought the PRIV (with some issues) now I'm on the Motion (with more issues) and I bought all these phones unlocked.

1. Apps are not working there slow to open and close (periodically I get a black screen)
    2. In the Google Play Store the updating apps don't update even on WIFI (2 days+ and the apps are still not updated)

So for now I retired my Motion and I'm using my backup phone which is the Essential Phone PH-1 on Android Pie and since I miss the BlackBerry experience I installed (paid) for BlackBerry suites. The BlackBerry keyboard, DTEK and Locker app which I used daily are not available for the Essential phone. I did not install the BlackBerry Launcher since I wanted to use the gesture motions from Android Pie which is very smooth and feels again like BlackBerry 10.

BlackBerry I check daily for the monthly security patch and I'm still on the July 1st patch.
    So BlackBerry I hope you read this forum. For now until something improves I'll stick with the Essential Phone.

BlackBerry/TCL (hardware) I'll be looking forward to your next all touch BlackBerry phone (possible name BlackBerry KEYtouch) and I'm still waiting patiently for a Blackberry Chromebook (possible name BlackBerry KEYbook) Picture it a BlackBerry Chromebook with all the BlackBerry suites, with that physical Keyboard and the natural sound of the Z30. I would buy it!

By the way what ever happened to BlackBerry Z30 natural sound (I'm reading articles from 2014 that said the sound was amazing) and why is BlackBerry/TLC not using this natural sound in their BlackBerry Androids? To me the Playbook (which I still use) and the Z30 had the best sound.

Thank You,
    BBDROID13
    Did you by chance try and reset (anew) your Motion to see it that would help resolve some of your issues?

I'm starting to experience a few minor problems that seemed to have crept in over time (after Oreo update). Not overly concerning as of yet and lets hope it stays that way.
    10-14-18 12:13 AM
    Did you by chance try and reset (anew) your Motion to see it that would help resolve some of your issues?

I'm starting to experience a few minor problems that seemed to have crept in over time (after Oreo update). Not overly concerning as of yet and lets hope it stays that way.
    I have similar issues. Noticed quite a few quirks, was hoping to get the working OS but looks like Oreo is pile of poo... Nougat was more stable with less issues... I had a chance to use Nokia 7 Plus briefly and waiting now for Nokia 7.1 Plus after very good experience. Motion will be going on eBay soon...

Let's wait for Conite, he will deny any existence of any issues. We probably using our phones wrong...
    The_Passporter likes this.
    10-14-18 02:36 AM
    My Motion is better than ever with none of those problems.
    saxxman and jemireu like this.
    10-14-18 02:39 AM
    Lucky you....
    jemireu likes this.
    10-14-18 02:40 AM

Not yet it's just time consuming but I will do it and see what happens.
    10-14-18 10:11 AM
    Not yet it's just time consuming but I will do it and see what happens.
    Yeah definitely can be somewhat of a rigorous chore getting things back to where they were. Contemplating doing a hard reset on mine as well yet in all honesty it doesn't really warrant one at this time, in other words, we haven't gotten to the point where we are pulling our hair out lol.
    10-14-18 11:40 AM
    Let's wait for Conite, he will deny any existence of any issues. We probably using our phones wrong...
    I don't have a Motion, so can't speak to the software issues first hand. My KEYᵒⁿᵉ on Oreo is running quite swimmingly though.

I would absolutely try a factory reset, as it usually clears out most of the types of issues being described here.
    10-14-18 12:14 PM
    I had many weird issues initially after Oreo update. It was a pain, but I did a factory reset, and most issues went away. I still have a few odd issues with notifications on some apps, but in those cases, I have found other apps that do work.
    10-14-18 01:50 PM
    no issues on my motion.
    10-14-18 04:21 PM
    you really should be doing a hard reset every few months anyways to clear things out.
    10-14-18 07:02 PM
    I think the battery drains a little quicker, but other than that I haven't experienced anything fatal. I have recently changed the Developer settings for animation scales, so it feels snappier.
    10-14-18 08:12 PM
    Good Day Everyone,

You didn't bring up the Hub suite or any security auditing, so you should really address it to TCL Software (Huizhou, China), since everything outside of those two things is their responsibility. Especially being stuck on the July 1st patch, distribution is all them.
    anon(8980596) likes this.
    10-14-18 08:32 PM
    you really should be doing a hard reset every few months anyways to clear things out.
    From my experience, never did such on my previous droids (LG / Samsung) and they ran perfectly fine for nearly 2 years straight w/o any issues or noticeable degradation in performance. Only phones I own/owned that did require an abnormal amount of hard resets are Windows Phones running 10.
    melhiore likes this.
    10-14-18 09:07 PM
    Thank You,
    I was not aware that TCL Software was responsible for being stuck on the July 1st patch.
    As much as the Key2 and Key2 LE look awesome I'm not ready to spend money on a new Blackberry phone just for upgraded software. Tomorrow evening I'll do a hard reset on my Motion and see what happens.
    10-14-18 09:08 PM
    Well, no. It is not my first Android device and hard resets were not necessary with any of my past phones. Besides - I have much better things to do than reinstalling everything for fun. And no, backup wan't do as the idea of hard reset is to get rid of all possible issues and those are mostly created by apps, so restoring from backup is not a good thing...
    10-15-18 12:35 AM
    Good Day Everyone,

Thank You,
    BBDROID13
    Thanks for posting this . Since the Oreo update I too have problem with the device performance. Sluggishness, overheating, poor battery life has been a concern for me . But that doesn't deter me to shelf the device. I'm hopeful that update wrt to Oreo will soon be coming and smiles will be back.
    I'm with BlackBerry since more than a decade and I'm sure this problem will be resolved soon. Cheers!
    10-15-18 04:34 AM
    I haven't had any of those issues. My Motion is just fine. The battery is maybe a bit faster to drain, but i am using it a lot more lately...still about two days..
    10-15-18 07:27 AM
    I have to agree, my Motion is better than before the update to Oreo.
    10-15-18 07:56 AM
    Blackberry TCL is provide firmware autoloader for blemish motion.
    10-15-18 09:44 AM
    My Motion is running great with Oreo, Factory Reset will do the trick. I know it is a PITA but if you're knowledgeable enough to read and find this forums you'll know it is the next step to try and that it will fix your problem 99.9% of the time. BTW it will take the same time to setup your new alternative phone so don't break your head on it.
    10-15-18 09:58 AM
    Sorry to hear you're having so many problems since Android O. I changed the animation settings and picked up some speed to counteract the slight slow down, but other than that, O has not caused any major issues on my Motion. I will admit though, as users go, I would consider myself a light user.
    10-15-18 10:51 AM
    Good Day Everyone,

Thank You,
    BBDROID13
    Can I have your Motion since you won't be using it?
    10-15-18 01:27 PM
    I concur. No issues as explained. Unfortunately, the vibrate motor stopped working for my motion. I needed the vibrate for several different reasons. So I ended up getting the Key2 and love it! Motion in the shop under warranty. Likely, it will just be replaced. I will keep the motion as a back up.
    10-15-18 04:56 PM
    I just finished doing a hard reset and setting apps on my BlackBerry Motion, so far so good everything is working smoothly. Unfortunately I'm still on the July 1st patch. I bought my phone unlocked on Amazon.Ca by TCL thinking I would receive all patches and updates promptly. I guess not.
    10-15-18 09:00 PM
31 12