You asked for carrier or US factory unlocked devices.

I'd be surprised if the Moto G5, Idol 5S, and something equivalent from Samsung wasn't stocked by US carriers when the Motion released. T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T seem to carry the modern equivalent of those devices (excluding the Idol line which was discontinued).
    I can only speak towards AT&T or VZW as they push flagship almost exclusively until XR was announced. The midtier devices were more available within their prepaid lineup or the Cricket, TotalWireless and MetroPCS carrier owned MVNOs and such. It surprises me too. I needed to replace my 3/32 KEYone with something 4/64 and carriers especially AT&T were extremely lacking in midtier offerings. This year seems to be the year of midtier in USA carriers which the XR seemed to have kicked off.
    07-03-19 05:32 PM
    I can only speak towards AT&T or VZW as they push flagship almost exclusively until XR was announced. The midtier devices were more available within their prepaid lineup or the Cricket, TotalWireless and MetroPCS carrier owned MVNOs and such. It surprises me too. I needed to replace my 3/32 KEYone with something 4/64 and carriers especially AT&T were extremely lacking in midtier offerings. This year seems to be the year of midtier in USA carriers which the XR seemed to have kicked off.
    Yeah the 10e and XR have definitely opened up a new market for carriers in the US and Canada. It's funny considering these devices are still pretty expensive compared to actual "affordable flagship" devices.

Americans still have it better than Canadians though, if you buy an unlocked Android device here the carrier won't provide features like VoLTE, HD Calling, RCS, etc. Most if not all American carriers do.
    07-03-19 05:53 PM
    Yeah the 10e and XR have definitely opened up a new market for carriers in the US and Canada. It's funny considering these devices are still pretty expensive compared to actual "affordable flagship" devices.

Americans still have it better than Canadians though, if you buy an unlocked Android device here the carrier won't provide features like VoLTE, HD Calling, RCS, etc. Most if not all American carriers do.
    All the enhanced calling features are typically only available on carrier locked devices. The exception would be certain negotiated flagships. That's why I believe the percentage breakdown of carrier locked vs factory unlocked is something like 85/15 in actual sales. T-Mobile used to be exception but this may be changing some for whatever reason.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-19 08:43 PM
    Considering an LG G7, but have set a $500 limit for a new sealed or open box. Would like the 7+ 6/128gb, but harder to find in Vancouver. PDplaza has them but their HK/Singapore versions, not sure of the carrier bands and warranty implications (Telus in BC). Or may just wait till the fall and see if I can get an S10e (like the size and flat screen) for free with a plan renewal (not a Sammy fan though) Have to root for a new underdog, LG is the next logical choice of a company intent on tripping over itself.
    That BB home screen on your V Turdy is dead-saxxy...man.
    I heard the LG G7 is nice. The smaller 3000 mAh battery won't compare to the Motion's battery. But build quality and screen will be top notch on the G7.

Just picked up a new open box mint Essential phone to hold me over until the next BBMO device. I didn't want to to spend a lot of money (under $300.00 USD) but I wanted a phone with the latest operating system and security patches. The essential phone is getting Android Q. The essential phone check all the marks. Camera is better than than the Motion's and the 835 chip is much faster than the 625 in the motion.

Build quality is top notch. I can dual carry for a minute until the next BBMo device.
    Elky64 likes this.
    07-04-19 08:46 AM
    Pixel 3XL with all the Blackberry apps (VKB for this phone too please).
    07-04-19 04:02 PM
    How is the software on the Essential phone? The reviews I can find were not very complimentary about it, but they are from the first few months after the phone's release two years ago. I haven't seen any newer reviews ( or been able to find any).
    07-06-19 10:09 AM
    I heard the LG G7 is nice. The smaller 3000 mAh battery won't compare to the Motion's battery. But build quality and screen will be top notch on the G7.

Just picked up a new open box mint Essential phone to hold me over until the next BBMO device. I didn't want to to spend a lot of money (under $300.00 USD) but I wanted a phone with the latest operating system and security patches. The essential phone is getting Android Q. The essential phone check all the marks. Camera is better than than the Motion's and the 835 chip is much faster than the 625 in the motion.

Build quality is top notch. I can dual carry for a minute until the next BBMo device.
    Yup I admittedly sided with the naysayers and now regretting my decision not to pick up an Essential Phone. Hard to beat for the price it was going for at times. Continued support then had us "told you so's" saying "WHAAAAT!" lol. Oh well, can't win them all.
    07-06-19 12:53 PM
    Yup I admittedly sided with the naysayers and now regretting my decision not to pick up an Essential Phone. Hard to beat for the price it was going for at times. Continued support then had us "told you so's" saying "WHAAAAT!" lol. Oh well, can't win them all.
    Yes, tech reviewers are subjective. Herd mentality is driving the majority to iPhones and Samsung devices. And the Carriers spread those payments out for them.
    Elky64 and Jake2826 like this.
    07-06-19 01:49 PM
    The prices were cheap because it was a failed device with uncertain future at time of low prices. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I wouldn’t regret as it won’t change your life... either way...
    07-06-19 02:14 PM
    Yes, tech reviewers are subjective. Herd mentality is driving the majority to iPhones and Samsung devices. And the Carriers spread those payments out for them.
    Around the time Essential Phone launched, and Motion was just around the corner, was the time I decided nothing over 1K. The Motion is "that" phone which actually proved to me I didn't need the most expensive, most powerful to git-er-done, and be content... if had the KEYone's shooter it'd still be my daily driver.
    07-06-19 03:41 PM
    The prices were cheap because it was a failed device with uncertain future at time of low prices. Hindsight is always 20/20 but I wouldn’t regret as it won’t change your life... either way...
    No no no, if I knew what we know now could have had both the Essential and Motion for less $ than many flagship at that time 😋.
    07-06-19 03:45 PM
    So far I have 3 Motions still active out of 7. One replaced: S9, Key2, S10 and a LG G8. All the employees loved the Motion and the BlackBerry software but 3 were broken beyond repair, and one quit charging yesterday.

It is really unfortunate and frustrating that BBmobile didn't produce a replacement device.
    Elky64 and yeo123 like this.
    07-06-19 04:17 PM
    So far I have 3 Motions still active out of 7. One replaced: S9, Key2, S10 and a LG G8. All the employees loved the Motion and the BlackBerry software but 3 were broken beyond repair, and one quit charging yesterday.

It is really unfortunate and frustrating that BBmobile didn't produce a replacement device.
    So what happened to the 3 broken beyond repair, employee inflicted damage?

Tend to agree, BBMo should have introduced another w/added upgrades.
    07-06-19 04:33 PM
    Yes, true. I saw the essential phone during that time and passed on it for the reasons you mentioned. Since then... updates have continued. I grabbed one now for cheap as it will get Android Q. Some vendors are still selling the Key 2 for $629 to $649 USD. I do not want to spend that much for a key2 as it is halfway through the support cycle and will get one more letter update to Pie. I would rather save the extra cash for a new Blackberry Mobile device. Physical or virtual keyboard. If it comes early next year.
    07-06-19 05:41 PM
    So what happened to the 3 broken beyond repair, employee inflicted damage?

Tend to agree, BBMo should have introduced another w/added upgrades.
    One driven over, one stepped on by a horse, the other was left on a truck bumper and bounced down the highway.
    Elky64 likes this.
    07-06-19 05:56 PM
    One driven over, one stepped on by a horse, the other was left on a truck bumper and bounced down the highway.
    Ouch! Not many phones would survive those circumstances.
    07-06-19 06:25 PM
    Ouch! Not many phones would survive those circumstances.
    I want to know, multiple employees or same former employee?
    skilas likes this.
    07-07-19 09:36 AM
    What is the relation here?? I am lost a bit...

I don't want those some pre loaded app in samsung, iPhone and chinese phone.
    the unwanted app can't removed out of phone.
    07-10-19 06:47 PM
    I really like my Motion, but there are times that the camera is lacking and the size. I just can't work it one handed with a case on it. We got a Nokia 7.1 for my wife as a travel phone and when she was done her trip I loaded all the BlackBerry goodness onto it and switched over to give it a go. Really liking this phone, if BlackBerry could come out with the equivalent of this phone, size wise, form factor, perhaps slightly thicker to get a 3500 battery in there with water resistance they would have the perfect phone in my mind. Really loving the size, it's almost identical to the DTEK50 with a larger screen. I'm also liking the Android One experience with Android 9. the only skins this phone has now is anything BlackBerry that I loaded on it, current updates and smooth operating system. It's a very nice mid tier phone.
    skilas likes this.
    07-18-19 08:51 PM
    I really like my Motion, but there are times that the camera is lacking and the size. I just can't work it one handed with a case on it. We got a Nokia 7.1 for my wife as a travel phone and when she was done her trip I loaded all the BlackBerry goodness onto it and switched over to give it a go. Really liking this phone, if BlackBerry could come out with the equivalent of this phone, size wise, form factor, perhaps slightly thicker to get a 3500 battery in there with water resistance they would have the perfect phone in my mind. Really loving the size, it's almost identical to the DTEK50 with a larger screen. I'm also liking the Android One experience with Android 9. the only skins this phone has now is anything BlackBerry that I loaded on it, current updates and smooth operating system. It's a very nice mid tier phone.
    It's the reason that BlackBerry stopped with VKB hardware. Too much competition with all of them fighting to sell at little to zero profits.
    07-18-19 09:51 PM
    I think the water resistance would be one of the first features I'd be willing to give up for other features. Sure, I love the extra peace of mind it gives me. But I used my Z30 for 4 years, and never felt it lacking because it didn't have it.
    the_boon, Elky64 and melhiore like this.
    07-19-19 11:30 AM
    I think the water resistance would be one of the first features I'd be willing to give up for other features. Sure, I love the extra peace of mind it gives me. But I used my Z30 for 4 years, and never felt it lacking because it didn't have it.
    I totally agree. I know several people who have had a phone with water resistance and it's been fo a dip and they never worked after. The only phone I ever got wet was my DTEK50 and it was a full dunk in a creek. Dried it out and it worked fine. So, really it's no guarantee that a water resistant device is as good as they say it is anyway.
    Elky64 likes this.
    07-19-19 03:12 PM
    I totally agree. I know several people who have had a phone with water resistance and it's been fo a dip and they never worked after. The only phone I ever got wet was my DTEK50 and it was a full dunk in a creek. Dried it out and it worked fine. So, really it's no guarantee that a water resistant device is as good as they say it is anyway.
    IMO... Water Resistance = False sense of security. Don't believe there's a manufacture out there that puts a guarantees on that aspect so good luck claiming warranty when it fails to do the job. I'd rather treat my devices as if without so in essences, water resistance plays no role in my purchasing decisions.
    melhiore likes this.
    07-19-19 11:49 PM
    I went to a galaxy s10. I wanted a better camera with a massive battery. loaded the blackberry apps and I love it - though it wasn't cheap
    Dom7, I went looking at phones today, and I'm leaning towards either the Samsung note 9 or a Samsung S10+ as a possible replacement for my motion.

I was wondering about the loading up of the BlackBerry apps (hub, keyboard...) and was wondering how close it would be to the motion in their use.

How do you find it compares? Exactly like the motion, close to it????
    07-21-19 07:45 PM
    Dom7, I went looking at phones today, and I'm leaning towards either the Samsung note 9 or a Samsung S10+ as a possible replacement for my motion.

I was wondering about the loading up of the BlackBerry apps (hub, keyboard...) and was wondering how close it would be to the motion in their use.

How do you find it compares? Exactly like the motion, close to it????
    I'd go for the S10e. Sure, they battery is the smallest of them, but with the right tweaking it could still be just fine. And you'd get a more practical flat screen and smaller, more manageable form factor.
    rocnrol likes this.
    07-21-19 08:05 PM
192 ... 45678