Cant find it in the Play Store...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ire.holeylight
    07-02-19 11:11 AM
    Oh right I forgot it's only for the S10. It won't even work with the S10e or S10+ ?
    07-02-19 11:54 AM
    anyone have thoughts on the Google Pixel as a viable replacement / uograde to the Motion?
    After short time out what are people thinking of the Android VKB Midtiers compared to Android VKB Flagships regarding the performance versus price difference.
    07-02-19 12:11 PM
    Oh right I forgot it's only for the S10. It won't even work with the S10e or S10+ ?
    I have s10e, works fine. It's for the whole s10() series
    07-02-19 12:19 PM
    After short time out what are people thinking of the Android VKB Midtiers compared to Android VKB Flagships regarding the performance versus price difference.
    I miss pkb, but really need ip67. If an android passport arrived, I'd jump on it even without ip rating. I miss my micro-laptop as a work phone.

Vs the motion, I don't miss the constant out of memory messages I received on it. Kind of a head scratcher since s10e also only has 4gb memory (I think) and I'm running full bb suite including launcher.
    Never mind, s10e has 6gb memory, thinking my wife's s9 that is still at 4gb
    Last edited by Rodney Wilder; 07-02-19 at 12:41 PM.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-02-19 12:21 PM
    I miss pkb, but really need ip67. If an android passport arrived, I'd jump on it even without ip rating. I miss my micro-laptop as a work phone.

Vs the motion, I don't miss the constant out of memory messages I received on it. Kind of a head scratcher since s10e also only has 4gb memory (I think) and I'm running full bb suite including launcher.
    Never mind, s10e has 6gb memory, thinking my wife's s9 that is still at 4gb

I think the "low memory" warnings came from that stupid power center app
    07-02-19 01:09 PM
    Which Pixel device are you looking to upgrade to? Do you have any "must have" Motion features?
    Pixel 3 or 3a? No real must haves to be honest just something comparable to the Motion. I guess strong battery life, ample storage capacity would be standards...

After the Motion, what are folks buying. I'm not an Apple guy so I'd say not to an iPhone.
    07-02-19 02:37 PM
    Pixel 3 or 3a? No real must haves to be honest just something comparable to the Motion. I guess strong battery life, ample storage capacity would be standards...

After the Motion, what are folks buying. I'm not an Apple guy so I'd say not to an iPhone.
    Going from the Motion to the Pixel 3 will feel like a serious downgrade when it comes to battery life, but just as serious of an upgrade in terms of camera quality.
    The 3a has a slightly bigger battery but a more efficient 670 processor as opposed to the 3's 845.
    07-02-19 04:01 PM

The 3a is a comparable midrange to the Motion but you lose expandable storage, water resistance, and it has a smaller battery (the 3a XL only has a slightly smaller battery than the Motion). The Pixel 3 has an even smaller battery than the 3a and going by GSM Arena's battery tests, it's noticeable.

https://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

The Samsung A50 and A70 might be worth looking into as well.
    07-02-19 04:06 PM
    Thanks everyone for the replies. Keep these various observations in mind the next time someone asks why there's no BBMo VKB or things like that. BBMo seems to have been ahead of the curve with midtier hardware but this demonstrates the real lack of economies of scale that all upstart and disruptive OEMs face against the existing and entrenched OEMs currently on top of the industry.
    07-02-19 05:12 PM
    BBMo seems to have been ahead of the curve with midtier hardware
    BBMo didn't invent midrange or even have the best midrange offering for its time.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    07-02-19 11:48 PM
    The 3a is a comparable midrange to the Motion but you lose expandable storage, water resistance, and it has a smaller battery (the 3a XL only has a slightly smaller battery than the Motion). The Pixel 3 has an even smaller battery than the 3a and going by GSM Arena's battery tests, it's noticeable.

https://www.gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

The Samsung A50 and A70 might be worth looking into as well.
    Limits with current samsung A series is no notification led (and no s10 style rgb ring around camera to emulate), and they dumped ip rating again. Plus cheap plastic feel.
    A70 fingerprint scanner behind screen is terribly slow

Do support amoled edge lighting though so some apps such as Always On Edge can kind of do visible notifications awkwardly. Samsung's edgelighting+ is still pointless.
    07-03-19 01:27 AM
    That could be a very long wait.... If the do another phone it's going to most likely be first of next year, and most likely be another PKB.
    The reasons I have time to waiting for new BlackBerry phone ,it phone have no pre loaded junks app .
    Many brands of phones are plenty of pre loaded junks app.😀🤗
    07-03-19 06:26 AM
    The reasons I have time to waiting for new BlackBerry phone ,it phone have no pre loaded junks app .
    Many brands of phones are plenty of pre loaded junks app.������������
    What is the relation here?? I am lost a bit...
    07-03-19 07:40 AM
    BBMo didn't invent midrange or even have the best midrange offering for its time.
    What midtier devices were available with USA carriers or USA factory unlocked at time of KEYone and Motion release?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-19 07:49 AM
    What midtier devices were available with USA carriers or USA factory unlocked at time of KEYone and Motion release?

Posted via CB10
    I can definitely say that BBMo had the segment cornered as far as Canadian carriers were concerned.
    07-03-19 07:52 AM
    I can definitely say that BBMo had the segment cornered as far as Canadian carriers were concerned.
    Whether by design or luck, BBMo was able to dodge the slowdown in Flagship sales.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-19 07:55 AM
    Whether by design or luck, BBMo was able to dodge the slowdown in Flagship sales.

Posted via CB10
    BBMo does have an advantage with the slowdown because of the PKB.

Owners of slabs from 1 - 2 years ago might not see the advantage of the newest slabs over the one they currently own to justify the upgrade cost, but if someone wants a PKB...
    07-03-19 09:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Moto G line up, Galaxy A8, Asus ZenFone, even the Alcatel Idol 5S were available in the US. The problem with the Motion specifically was that it was a midrange priced in range of affordable flagships like the LG G6 and Pixel 2.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-03-19 10:11 AM
    I've picked up an LG V30, but go back and forth a ton. You can see that I won't get anything I can't use Hub on...

If no Motion 2, what will you upgrade to (or already have)?-screenshot_2019-07-03-08-06-27.jpg If no Motion 2, what will you upgrade to (or already have)?-screenshot_2019-07-03-08-12-04.jpg
    07-03-19 10:11 AM
    I really struggle when it comes to Flagship phone pricing.

It's so strange to me. I used to ONLY get the flip phone that you could get "free" on a contract.

Then when flip phones were going away, so I started shelling out a bit for a new phone on contract.

When I bought my 9900, or Z30, I felt I was buying premium devices. But wasn't paying tons of dough.

Now with the Motion, I still only paid a couple hundred dollars (with a contract), and started realizing this was not a premium device. You know, because of feature envy. But that's ok.

The reality is that I cannot afford to pay $1000 every 2/3 years. So I guess I've been priced out of the premium market set by Apple/Samsung. The proof is that I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a Key2 LE on sale, and just bought a discounted KeyOne. I don't know how big the market is for people like me. But I hope BBmo still gets out another good midrange device.
    07-03-19 10:48 AM
    I really struggle when it comes to Flagship phone pricing.

It's so strange to me. I used to ONLY get the flip phone that you could get "free" on a contract.

Then when flip phones were going away, so I started shelling out a bit for a new phone on contract.

When I bought my 9900, or Z30, I felt I was buying premium devices. But wasn't paying tons of dough.

Now with the Motion, I still only paid a couple hundred dollars (with a contract), and started realizing this was not a premium device. You know, because of feature envy. But that's ok.

The reality is that I cannot afford to pay $1000 every 2/3 years. So I guess I've been priced out of the premium market set by Apple/Samsung. The proof is that I've been keeping my eyes peeled for a Key2 LE on sale, and just bought a discounted KeyOne. I don't know how big the market is for people like me. But I hope BBmo still gets out another good midrange device.
    For PKB phones market is tiny....

I get that $1000 is a lot for a flagship phone... I don't really know of anyone that has paid that much yet. Generally most people I know are able to get a deal of some sort. I know when one of my daughters and her husband got their iPhone X a couple years ago... They did it during the holidays and they were BOGO and they got $200 gift cards so they paid $500 for two $1000+ phones. Most the best deals I see, really are on "new" lines... being ready to switch would help. But I've heard of people getting those deals when the threaten to switch.... Workmate got iPhone XR's bogo at AT&T last year.
    07-03-19 11:56 AM
    The Moto G line up, Galaxy A8, Asus ZenFone, even the Alcatel Idol 5S were available in the US. The problem with the Motion specifically was that it was a midrange priced in range of affordable flagships like the LG G6 and Pixel 2.
    I believe everything you listed wasn't carrier offered so in USA, it's not close to relevancy while at least the KEYone was carrier offered.

The Motion and Key2 never happened in the USA for 85% of all consumers.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-19 12:05 PM
    Considering an LG G7, but have set a $500 limit for a new sealed or open box. Would like the 7+ 6/128gb, but harder to find in Vancouver. PDplaza has them but their HK/Singapore versions, not sure of the carrier bands and warranty implications (Telus in BC). Or may just wait till the fall and see if I can get an S10e (like the size and flat screen) for free with a plan renewal (not a Sammy fan though) Have to root for a new underdog, LG is the next logical choice of a company intent on tripping over itself.
    That BB home screen on your V Turdy is dead-saxxy...man.
    07-03-19 04:37 PM
    I believe everything you listed wasn't carrier offered so in USA, it's not close to relevancy while at least the KEYone was carrier offered.

The Motion and Key2 never happened in the USA for 85% of all consumers.

Posted via CB10
    You asked for carrier or US factory unlocked devices.

I'd be surprised if the Moto G5, Idol 5S, and something equivalent from Samsung wasn't stocked by US carriers when the Motion released. T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T seem to carry the modern equivalent of those devices (excluding the Idol line which was discontinued).
    07-03-19 05:05 PM
192 ... 34567 ...