I can’t speak for jackcarr but I chose Keyone BE over the Key2 LE for price and over the Key2 since I’m not a capacitive PKB fan to begin with.
    Why not a capacitive PKB fan? What are the pitfalls of it?

Sent from my BBD100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-08-19 08:52 AM
    Why did you choose the KEYone instead of the KEYtwo?
    And why is it more enjoyable to use than the Motion?
    Price mostly. As far as liking it better than the Motion...all I can say is that it just feels better overall, physical keyboard is great. I never thought I would say that again. The Motion's battery is slightly better than the KEYone's, but honestly I think they're both overkill.
    06-08-19 09:20 AM
    Price mostly. As far as liking it better than the Motion...all I can say is that it just feels better overall, physical keyboard is great. I never thought I would say that again. The Motion's battery is slightly better than the KEYone's, but honestly I think they're both overkill.
    Interesting. I kind of miss using my Q10 (except for the double typing issue) because I typed faster & more accurately on the PKB. But I like that I can type virtually silently on a VKB & I have more display real estate too.
    With that said, BlackBerry's VKB on Android is pretty wonky with it's stupid auto corrections & swipe issues. I do like the tool bar on it. But I still prefer the VKB on BB10 which is superior IMO.
    06-08-19 09:44 AM
    Don't get me wrong...I like the Motion. I bought it unlocked when it came out and that was my farewell to the physical keyboard. But I saw a new unlocked Black Edition KEYone on sale for $279 and I pulled the trigger. Not sorry I did.
    06-08-19 09:57 AM
    Don't get me wrong...I like the Motion. I bought it unlocked when it came out and that was my farewell to the physical keyboard. But I saw a new unlocked Black Edition KEYone on sale for $279 and I pulled the trigger. Not sorry I did.
    That's cool & a good deal. For me I have a love/hate relationship with the Motion. It is my daily driver but I miss my time using the Z30 when it was still being supported. I loved the size & feel of it with an OtterBox case on it, the 5" AMOLED display, the amazing stereo speakers & the BB10 OS. Even with only 2 GB of RAM it ran as smoothly as the 4 GB Motion & the battery life is arguably the same IMO despite the capacity difference. I chalk that up to BB10 just being a much more efficient OS than Android.
    06-08-19 10:10 AM
    I hear ya. I absolutely loved my Passport.
    06-08-19 10:24 AM
    I'll worry about that when my Motion no longer works for me, and I don't see that happening any time soon.
    06-08-19 11:10 AM
    My BE Keyone is my most preferred device. One has to feel and use one to fully understand. For me it is clickyness of the excellent keyboard, super efficient keyboard shortcuts, ideal screen to key ratio, snappy performance and best battery life of any mobile device I have used or own. Some my scoff at this but I prefer a LCD panel to Amoled. My BlackBerry BE Keyone is far easier to see and use in Sunlight than my S9 or the 3a I have been using.
    06-08-19 11:15 AM
    I went to a galaxy s10. I wanted a better camera with a massive battery. loaded the blackberry apps and I love it - though it wasn't cheap
    I just bought the s10 today and got the BlackBerry apps
    06-08-19 05:04 PM
    Why not a capacitive PKB fan? What are the pitfalls of it?

Sent from my BBD100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    I've used and owned just about every BlackBerry since 2003 of both the PKB and VKB forms. I've dual carried all the other various mobile OS as well. Currently, I dual carry XR and BE KEYone and I can't stand the capacitive PKB since I've never felt I need it. Part of that is that I move between mobile OS and devices so I don't really dedicate time learning all the intricacies.

The major pitfalls for me are the various things it tries doing for me as secondary function. Adding that people here disagree on whether it's sensitive enough or too sensitive. I just need a PKB to be just that. As far as VKB, BlackBerry relies on SwiftKey and I'm ok with that. For me, BlackBerry represents a PKB and little more. The KISS principle is what I think should apply here and not try and be everything to everyone.
    06-08-19 06:10 PM
    sorry for the dumb question,
    you are saying that just the operative system "Pie" it's already a huge jump forward?
    06-09-19 08:44 AM
    I bought a galaxy 9+ and the phone signal is terrible on att so I am returning it. Hopefully I can find a good replacement for the BB
    06-09-19 11:39 AM
    I chalk that up to BB10 just being a much more efficient OS than Android.
    By more efficient, you don't mean more battery efficient lol right ?
    06-10-19 10:54 PM
    That's cool & a good deal. For me I have a love/hate relationship with the Motion. It is my daily driver but I miss my time using the Z30 when it was still being supported. I loved the size & feel of it with an OtterBox case on it, the 5" AMOLED display, the amazing stereo speakers & the BB10 OS. Even with only 2 GB of RAM it ran as smoothly as the 4 GB Motion & the battery life is arguably the same IMO despite the capacity difference. I chalk that up to BB10 just being a much more efficient OS than Android.
    This brings back good memories of my Z30. I held onto it past my contract because I couldn't find a suitable replacement. Eventually got a Motion. It's a good successor. But not a great one.
    06-11-19 11:49 AM
    By more efficient, you don't mean more battery efficient lol right ?
    I do mean efficient with the battery & user productivity. There are some Androids that are efficient with the battery but I feel that the users productivity is hampered by an overly complicated OS that takes more steps to get things done as compared to the intuitive BB10 OS. Getting things done with BB10 was just breeze whereas I find it irritating with Android in general. Just my opinion.
    06-11-19 12:57 PM
    I do mean efficient with the battery & user productivity. There are some Androids that are efficient with the battery but I feel that the users productivity is hampered by an overly complicated OS that takes more steps to get things done as compared to the intuitive BB10 OS. Getting things done with BB10 was just breeze whereas I find it irritating with Android in general. Just my opinion.
    Right, but as far as battery optimization goes, Android now (and even since Nougat) is way ahead of BB10, especially if we're talking Android apk's on BB10.
    I owned several Passports and Classics and especially with the latter I was disappointed in the battery endurance, both in standby and in use.
    06-11-19 03:27 PM
    I bought a galaxy 9+ and the phone signal is terrible on att so I am returning it. Hopefully I can find a good replacement for the BB
    Fortunately I located a new Motion to replace my failing one and the galaxy 9+. Luckily was able to return the galaxy for a full refund and this evens out the purchase of the new Motion
    06-11-19 07:10 PM
    anyone have thoughts on the Google Pixel as a viable replacement / uograde to the Motion?
    06-28-19 07:32 AM
    anyone have thoughts on the Google Pixel as a viable replacement / uograde to the Motion?
    Which Pixel device are you looking to upgrade to? Do you have any "must have" Motion features?
    06-29-19 11:55 AM
    I will not replace ohers new phone ,and waiting for BlackBerry launch's new full touch screen phone .
    07-01-19 07:03 PM
    I ended up on a Samsung S10e. needed device for new corporate user and Motion is existing standard so didn't want new guy to be odd one out and put mine aside for them.
    I miss the motion, but wow is this s10e snappy.

Holey Light uses the RGB ring around the camera to solve the lack of notification LED on the S10 series. It's not perfect, but it is getting the job done, and is wayyyy better than the current samsung EdgeLighting+ app which only flashes for a few seconds, which kind of misses the point of notification led
    07-02-19 10:53 AM
    I ended up on a Samsung S10e. needed device for new corporate user and Motion is existing standard so didn't want new guy to be odd one out and put mine aside for them.
    I miss the motion, but wow is this s10e snappy.

Holey Light uses the RGB ring around the camera to solve the lack of notification LED on the S10 series. It's not perfect, but it is getting the job done, and is wayyyy better than the current samsung EdgeLighting+ app which only flashes for a few seconds, which kind of misses the point of notification led
    Holey Light is a first party app? Or third party? Can you customize the LED color for each individual app like with Light Flow?
    07-02-19 10:54 AM
    I will not replace ohers new phone ,and waiting for BlackBerry launch's new full touch screen phone .
    That could be a very long wait.... If the do another phone it's going to most likely be first of next year, and most likely be another PKB.
    07-02-19 11:06 AM
    Holey Light is a first party app? Or third party? Can you customize the LED color for each individual app like with Light Flow?
    3rd party, but dev appears quite trustworthy, and the app is opensource on github. It's still in beta, but I haven't had any issues yet

Yes can customize colour per app. Just can't do per account In hub for example at least not yet.

I'm happy with it so far after almost 2 weeks.
    07-02-19 11:07 AM
    3rd party, but dev appears quite trustworthy, and the app is opensource on github. It's still in beta, but I haven't had any issues yet

Yes can customize colour per app. Just can't do per account In hub for example at least not yet.

I'm happy with it so far after almost 2 weeks.
    Cant find it in the Play Store...
    07-02-19 11:09 AM
192 ... 23456 ...