I went to a galaxy s10. I wanted a better camera with a massive battery. loaded the blackberry apps and I love it - though it wasn't cheap
    I'm very interested in your experience. What things besides the camera are better and what things do you miss out on vs the Motion?
    05-29-19 04:50 AM
    Are there any phones out there that have a Convenience Key? Or some built-in shortcut functionality like the swipe up shortcut that the DTEK series had?

I'm so used to using the Convenience key on the Motion, I'd really miss it.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-19 05:01 PM
    Are there any phones out there that have a Convenience Key? Or some built-in shortcut functionality like the swipe up shortcut that the DTEK series had?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you can grab a Samsung phone and use Button Remapper to use the Bixby button as a convenience key?
    05-30-19 05:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    The swipe up feature is an Android 6 feature. Great feature, but vanished after 6.0.
    Last edited by Platinum_2; 05-31-19 at 04:05 PM.
    05-30-19 09:05 PM
    I'm looking at the Pixel 3a, the OnePlus 7 Pro & possibly a higher end Motorola when I give up my Motion.

Sent from my BBD100-2 using CB Forums mobile app
    Samsung Galaxy s9 or 10 is better
    06-04-19 05:33 PM
    Samsung Galaxy s9 or 10 is better
    Only if you like their skin, poor updates, and bloatware. Otherwise, the Pixel is pick of that litter with pure android, monthly updates and comparable camera and battery life for less money. Camera might actually be better...
    06-04-19 11:17 PM
    Only if you like their skin, poor updates, and bloatware. Otherwise, the Pixel is pick of that litter with pure android, monthly updates and comparable camera and battery life for less money. Camera might actually be better...
    I think Samsung's UI has improved over the years, still not as nice as a Pixel, but not as bad as i remember it to be, but you have to tweak it quite a bit to get it how you like it.
    06-04-19 11:30 PM
    I think Samsung's UI has improved over the years, still not as nice as a Pixel, but not as bad as i remember it to be, but you have to tweak it quite a bit to get it how you like it.
    No headphone jack on the pixel is a nail biter for me.
    06-04-19 11:36 PM
    It's still unnecessary. In my opinion, Samsung's UI offers no value. It's just eye candy. It's what they do to look different from other Android phones. If Samsung ran pure Android their devices would be so much better and easier for carriers to update.

It wasn't until I used a pure android device before I realized how much of a resource and battery hog custom UI's are. Samsung's look good on paper, but they have always been buggy and updates are not consistent enough for the money paid to have one of their glass sandwiches.

I really don't understand why they are popular. They have nice displays and cameras but that's where it stops.

The Google is going to sell a ton of those 3a's......
    06-04-19 11:39 PM
    If the s10+ ran android one I would jump immediately!!! Been waiting on a BlackBerry slab since the priv !
    06-05-19 12:29 AM
    Updates aren't necessarily a good thing sometimes , for instance , my motion is shutting off three times in a row two to three times a day since the last update.
    06-05-19 06:00 AM
    Updates aren't necessarily a good thing sometimes , for instance , my motion is shutting off three times in a row two to three times a day since the last update.
    Ppl got spoiled by Google and Essential. Stable system is more important than updates. Security patching is different story. I am still going for A70 despite the hate Samsung is getting... None of my Samsung using friends experienced any major problems. They use Samsung for years. Sounds good to me...
    06-05-19 06:34 AM
    I was mostly referring to security patches.
    06-05-19 12:15 PM
    It's still unnecessary. In my opinion, Samsung's UI offers no value. It's just eye candy. It's what they do to look different from other Android phones. If Samsung ran pure Android their devices would be so much better and easier for carriers to update.

It wasn't until I used a pure android device before I realized how much of a resource and battery hog custom UI's are. Samsung's look good on paper, but they have always been buggy and updates are not consistent enough for the money paid to have one of their glass sandwiches.

I really don't understand why they are popular. They have nice displays and cameras but that's where it stops.

The Google is going to sell a ton of those 3a's......
    I want to try out the 3a for the camera alone. But I'm scared if I do, I'll never go back. lol
    06-07-19 12:42 PM
    If the s10+ ran android one I would jump immediately!!! Been waiting on a BlackBerry slab since the priv !
    Not sure what KNOX really entails, but I don't think Android One is an option. And Samsung is the choice for Enterprise and Governments, so I'm not sure they have a reason to go with a basic Android UI.... If they did, what would set them apart?
    06-07-19 01:39 PM
    I want to try out the 3a for the camera alone. But I'm scared if I do, I'll never go back. lol
    Go back to what? There will be nothing, at least slab-wise (my opinion), to go back to.
    06-07-19 03:38 PM
    I have been using a 3a for the past two weeks (my dad bought a 3a and 3a XL for peanuts by trading in two old 6s's and credited 250 for each)

I have a BE Keyone and Samsung S9- both very good devices. That being said, for a slab, these 3a and 3a XL are excellent. Clean UI, fast as anyone needs and exceptional camera.

They are going to sell boatloads of these devices if consumers pick one up and try one. I think it's hands down the best value to performance slab device I have ever used. I may sell my S9 and just roll with this 3a for a bit.

I prefer the polycarbonate build and weight to my S9. Probably means I would prefer the Key2 LE over my Black Edition Keyone. 🤔

Because I prefer a PKB my BE Keyone still remains my preferred mobile device to date.(In my usage I don't even notice the difference between the 625, 670 and 845) If only my BE had the consistency of this 3a shooter!!

If one prefers a slab try a 3a or 3a XL and throw on the HUB Suite. 😎 or pick up a discounted S9 (also good)
    the_boon likes this.
    06-07-19 08:00 PM
    No headphone jack on the pixel is a nail biter for me.
    Pixel 3a and 3a XL have a headphone jack
    06-07-19 08:01 PM
    Maybe you can grab a Samsung phone and use Button Remapper to use the Bixby button as a convenience key?
    Samsung allows you to remap Bixby on the S9 without an app
    06-07-19 08:03 PM
    my main is an iphonexsmax my motion is secondary but still I love my motion.
    06-07-19 09:20 PM
    My wife has the 3a. Outstanding device. I don't believe there is a more well-rounded device on the market for $400. Everything a mobile device should be without non-essential fluff. Solid work horse! Google Stadia will further solidify 3a's value.
    Elky64 likes this.
    06-07-19 09:38 PM
    My wife has the 3a. Outstanding device. I don't believe there is a more well-rounded device on the market for $400. Everything a mobile device should be without non-essential fluff. Solid work horse! Google Stadia will further solidify 3a's value.
    Good to hear. I'd probably be inclined to go for the 3a XL just for it's extra battery capacity although I'm questioning its overall physical size, my wife has the Pixel 2 XL and it's already fringing on being a tad too large. Like the level of support Google delivers to the Pixel line and this will be something I'll be taking a hard look at when it's time for an upgrade. Samsung's new offerings (A50/70) look to have some promise too.
    06-07-19 10:09 PM
    I bought a KEYone Black Edition and have migrated to it. It's so much more enjoyable to use than the Motion...at least in my opinion.
    bh7171 and the_boon like this.
    06-08-19 08:03 AM
    I bought a KEYone Black Edition and have migrated to it. It's so much more enjoyable to use than the Motion...at least in my opinion.
    Why did you choose the KEYone instead of the KEYtwo?
    And why is it more enjoyable to use than the Motion?
    06-08-19 08:30 AM
    Why did you choose the KEYone instead of the KEYtwo?
    And why is it more enjoyable to use than the Motion?
    I can’t speak for jackcarr but I chose Keyone BE over the Key2 LE for price and over the Key2 since I’m not a capacitive PKB fan to begin with.
    06-08-19 08:47 AM
192 12345 ...